Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Bellie
0 Kudos

Re: Who's your fav leading man from :The Black Dagger Brotherhood?

My favorite was always Butch. But, Phury had been a close second since Lover Awakened. Now I think he is in the lead.

He's just so classy and smart. I think all he needs is a stylish pair of reading glasses and he'd be my fantasy incarnate.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

It is so hard to pick only one favorite leading man for The Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Wrath is the King and most powerful of the brotherhood.  His shellan is Beth.  He has the tendancy to look out for everyone even though he has limitations (which of course does not stop him).  I truly like his character. 

Rhage is a close second.  His shellan is Mary. I think he was given the raw end of the stick.  The beast in him would stop anyone from getting close to him (making him feel un-loved and no good), but Mary changed that.  Rhage has gone through so much and it think he is the underdog of the group.

Of course all of the Brotherhood clan has gone through so much; I think because of it; it makes you want to read more, and continue with the series.  You want to know each of the characters story.

Personally, I just started reading the books last year, and I am Truly AMAZED the series is so hard to put down.  J. R. Ward is an AMAZING author!  I have read 9 of the 10 books; I currently am reading the last book as we speak.

All that I can say is WOW.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Intrigued_by_Romance wrote:

It is so hard to pick only one favorite leading man for The Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Wrath is the King and most powerful of the brotherhood.  His shellan is Beth.  He has the tendancy to look out for everyone even though he has limitations (which of course does not stop him).  I truly like his character. 

Rhage is a close second.  His shellan is Mary. I think he was given the raw end of the stick.  The beast in him would stop anyone from getting close to him (making him feel un-loved and no good), but Mary changed that.  Rhage has gone through so much and it think he is the underdog of the group.

Of course all of the Brotherhood clan has gone through so much; I think because of it; it makes you want to read more, and continue with the series.  You want to know each of the characters story.

Personally, I just started reading the books last year, and I am Truly AMAZED the series is so hard to put down.  J. R. Ward is an AMAZING author!  I have read 9 of the 10 books; I currently am reading the last book as we speak.

All that I can say is WOW.

Hi intrigued I totally agree with you, I just finished the latest in the series, I think you'll like my review

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2012/04/review-of-lover-reborn-novel-of-black.html

So far in the series my favorite male is Rehvenge, followed by Wrath and then John Matthew

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

I too am a big fan.

I read that JR Ward announced that the next book will be Qhuinn and Blays-----I am so excited! i , along with so many others have been waiting for this book for what seems forever!

I love rhage and Z. when i first began the series, i had decided to skip Z's story because in dark lover i thought he could not be redeemed and he ws just a psychopath. but i gave it a shot- and i am so glad i did! his story is great. the way he loves bella totally and still thinks he is unworthy broke my heart through the story!

i am still waiting for lover reborn- im hold 2 at the library.

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

I too am a big fan.

I read that JR Ward announced that the next book will be Qhuinn and Blays-----I am so excited! i , along with so many others have been waiting for this book for what seems forever!

I love rhage and Z. when i first began the series, i had decided to skip Z's story because in dark lover i thought he could not be redeemed and he ws just a psychopath. but i gave it a shot- and i am so glad i did! his story is great. the way he loves bella totally and still thinks he is unworthy broke my heart through the story!

i am still waiting for lover reborn- im hold 2 at the library.

Oh Cheyenne, you will not be disappointed, and i love the series too. You know how you read a series and there's one character that you have to have their story, it was Paris for me in the Lords of the Underworld but in this series it seems that JR teases and tempts me so much that it's always the next in the series that I want. And i can't wait to read Qhinn's, oh and no spoilers but wait til the end of Lover Reborn, you will EXPLODE !!  okay enough teasers :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

So hard to pick. Zsadist was such a tortured hero, and Wrath and Butch - I love them all!

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i heard that the ending in lover reborn was rather exciting:smileyhappy: i cant wait to see for myself! the past two books, especially john mathews story had a good bit on Qhuay and i loved it

1AnneB
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

So hard to pick. Zsadist was such a tortured hero, and Wrath and Butch - I love them all!

I'm with you Becke - I think that it's always the one that I'm currently reading ! Right now I'm in the middle of Lover Reborn - LOVE IT !!

Anne

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

I read Lover Reborn back in April and thought that it was very good. I've also seen teasers for Lover at Last and I think this may be the best book yet!

Contributor
whitterbugCo
0 Kudos

Anyone have "Lover at Last" that can LendMe? email is whitterbug.collins@gmail.com