Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

YOU PICK THE JULY-AUGUST BOOK CLUB! SUMMER READING VOTE!

[ Edited ]

All right, folks. We have so many great choices for our summer reading. I'm posting ten options. I know that's a lot but there are so many good books here I just couldn't narrow it to five!

Here's how it'll work: I'll list the ten choices, along with links to the author's website so you can read up on what the books are about. Most of the nominated books are part of a  series, and in some cases there are upwards of eight books! What I want you to do is vote your top three choices. If the clear winner is a series of more than four books, then we'll read them over July and August. If the top vote-getter is a series of three or less, then we'll read that one in July and the next three-or-less vote-getter in August. Make sense?

Okay! You have until June 8th to get your vote in. Send to me by PM or feel free to post right here.

And the nominees for our beach reading are:

G. A. Aiken's Dragon Kin series: About a Dragon and Dragon Actually  

Jean Johnson's Sons of Destiny series: The Sword (Sons of Destiny Series #1)  The Wolf (Sons of Destiny Series #2)  The Master (Sons of Destiny Series #3)  The Song (Sons of Destiny Series #4)  The Cat (Sons of Destiny Series #5)  The Storm (Sons of Destiny Series #6)  The Flame (Sons of Destiny Series #7)  The Mage (Sons of Destiny Series #8)  

Lisa Kleypas's two Hathaway novels: Mine Till Midnight and Seduce Me at Sunrise  

Christine Feehan's Ghostwalker series: Shadow Game (Ghostwalkers Series #1)  Mind Game (Ghostwalkers Series #2)  Night Game (Ghostwalkers Series #3)  Conspiracy Game (Ghostwalkers Series #4)  Deadly Game (Ghostwalkers Series #5)  Predatory Game (Ghostwalkers Series #6)  Murder Game (Ghostwalkers Series #7)  

Kristan Higgins' four novels: Fools Rush In  Just One of the Guys  Catch of the Day  Too Good To Be True

C. L. Wilson's Tairen Soul series: Lord of the Fading Lands Lady of Light and Shadows King of Sword and Sky  

Susan WiggsJust Breathe  

Colleen Gleason's Gardella Vampire Chronicles: The Rest Falls Away  Rises the Night (Gardella Vampire Chronicles Series)  The Bleeding Dusk  When Twilight Burns  As Shadows Fade   

Marie Force's two novels: Line of Scrimmage and Love at First Flight  

Amanda Quick and Jayne Ann Krentz's Arcane Society series: Second Sight (Arcane Society Series #1)  White Lies  Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society Series #3)  The Third Circle (Arcane Society Series #4)  Running Hot  The Perfect Poison (Arcane Society Series #6)  

Message Edited by Melanie_Murray on 05-27-2009 07:44 PM
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: YOU PICK THE JULY-AUGUST BOOK CLUB! SUMMER READING VOTE!

I've read about half of these, and loved the ones I've read. The others look good, too. No matter what you pick, I'm sure we'll have fun reading them!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

I'n not afraid to cast my vote publicly:-)

1) Marie Force - Great writer and a novice author 

2) Susan Wiggs - Just Breathe is a must read for any body

3) C.L. Wilson - for the paranormal lovers out there. I love her series 

Frequent Contributor
stardrifting
0 Kudos

C. L. Wilson

Those are the only books I have read and they really are wonderful!

Stacy

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

stardrifting wrote:

C. L. Wilson

Those are the only books I have read and they really are wonderful!

Stacy

Is that a vote or a recommendation? :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
stardrifting
0 Kudos

Oh, I didn't realize there was a difference, I apologize.  It is my vote.  :smileyhappy:
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Hi all!

After the first days of voting, we have a clear front-runner. I won't say what, though. :smileyhappy:

So this is your reminder to get your vote in! Even if you don't like to post but want to read along, just shoot me a PM so that I can count your opinion!

Melanie

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

id go for either the arcane society by jayne anne krentz/amanda quick

or the hathaway series by lisa kleypas

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

I'll vote for Jean Johnson's Sons of Destiny series.

I love Feehan and Amanda Quick too, but I've already read those.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Thanks for the votes, ladies!
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I'm going to post the selections on Monday, but you have Saturday and Sunday to get your votes in for what books you want us to discuss this summer!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie, how long are you going to keep me in suspense?:womanwink:
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Not long! We had to clear a few things but I'll be ready to post by noon (if a five and a half month old cooperates.)