Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Your Daily Heart-to- Heart!

[ Edited ]

I know you love romance as much as I do! So why not hang in the comfy new digs at "Heart to Heart" (H2H), BN.com's all-new, all-romance blog?

H2H is just for you, a place to kick back and dish romance with friends -- all kinds of romance, from sweet to super sexy and in every sub-genre going.

At H2H, we’ll talk new books and old faves, meet hot authors and upcoming stars -- and we’ll do it all in an atmosphere in which we hope you’ll feel even better having spent time with us than when you arrived.  Just like here at Romantic Reads, all courteous opinions are welcome and encouraged at H2H, with one caveat: You gotta want to have fun!

Give H2H a try today!  Let us know what you're thinking at Heart to Heart!

-- Michelle Buonfiglio (H2H)  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: NOW! Get "Heart to Heart": ALL-ROMANCE Blog @ BN.com!

The book whose cover you are featuring is next up to read, as soon as I finish the book I'm reading now. It looks really good!
Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

I Love Westerns and Loner Heroes

Are you a big fan of Western romances and yes-ma'am-I-sure-can cowboy heroes?  'Specially Texas Rangers?  We're talking loner heroes, great Westerns and a new Jodi Thomas at Heart to Heart!  I love Westerns!

Mosey on over and join in at the post, "Lone Star Fate," please!  -- Michelle (H2H)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: I Love Westerns and Loner Heroes

[ Edited ]

I'm not usually drawn to Westerns, but I've read a lot that I like. These books/authors come instantly to mind:

Caine's Reckoning

Angel Creek

A Lady of the West 

Promises Reveal

Tucker's Claim 

Catch a Fallen Angel

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

So.... Am I getting the impression

you like Sarah McCarty? 

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

OH MY GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT LORRAINE HEATH'S COWBOY VISCOUNTS!   The whole series is so amazing.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I've never read the Lorraine Heath westerns...I take it from your all-caps that they're good? :smileywink:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm working my way through Lorraine Heath's backlist but haven't read the Westerns yet. I'll get to them eventually! And yes, I am definitely a Sarah McCarty fan!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Your Daily Heart-To-Heart!

[ Edited ]

National holidays don't keep Michelle Buonfiglio from giving us great romance insights! Check out her column from yesterday, Labor Day, at H2H. It's all about the role of secondary love stories in romance novels, and features Elizabeth Bevarly's newest must-read,

Neck and Neck.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

In honor of today, 9/09/09, Michelle Buonfiglio has posted a blog with nine must-read recommendations - all over at H2H. Check it out here.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

In honor of today, the anniversary of 9/11, Michelle Buonfiglio offers a thoughtful look at the roll of romance fiction in times of world trouble. Read it here!

Author
AnneGracie1
0 Kudos

I love Anne McAllister's "Code of the West" Desires - alas, no longer in print. But worth hunting down.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Your Daily Heart-to-Heart!

Do you Tweet? You may want to start - it's the latest craze and a great place to have direct contact with romance authors and other romance big-wigs. Michelle writes all about this phenomenon in her latest H2H column.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

A great topic from Michelle over at H2H: does it give you pause when you read romances that feature heroes or heroines that were first introduced to readers as children in previous novels? Weigh in here.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Read it here!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Michelle posted a great column on one of the all-time great romances,

Ain't She Sweet? Pop on over and tell her your thoughts on the Susan Elizabeth Phillips and books that tackle the lingering effects of bad high school experiences...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

One of my favorite books, by one of my favorite authors.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

One of my favorite books, by one of my favorite authors.

I think if you had to create a list of the top five romances ever written, Ain't She Sweet? would be on it. I mean the royal you. Not you personally, Becke. Although maybe it'd be true of your list, too.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I kind of like the idea of a royal me. But, either way, it would be on my list. If I was listing top series, her Chicago Stars would be on it. Top multi-book series would also include Suzanne Brockmann's books. My personal series list would include Shana Abe's dragon books, Virginia Kantra's selkies, and too many others to count: Nora Roberts, Roxanne St. Claire, Tara Janzen -- and now that so many authors are writing trilogies, I couldn't begin to break that list down. If I had to pick one Jenny Crusie book for the list, it would probably be Tell Me Lies or Bet Me, although I think most people would pick Welcome to Temptation, which I also love.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Highlander Christmas