Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Your Daily Heart-to-Heart!

Ya gotta luv them Hilanders, I know I do!!

Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Your Daily Heart-to-Heart!

 

Yours for the Night

  

 

 

Michelle writes about a new series by the author Jasmine Haynes about women who are courtesans. Really interesting thoughts on how stories about prostitutes can be empowering and even romantic. Read it here.

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
Posts: 788
Registered: ‎04-15-2009
0 Kudos

Linda Lael Miller's Christmas Creed!

Don't you just love LLM and those Creeds? 'Specially Lincoln, star of "A Creed Country Christmas." Please check in at H2H to talk LLM and school-marm-n-rough/ready-cowboy romances!  S'cool, Marm!

 

-- Michelle (H2H)

Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Hearth Warming

[ Edited ]

Michelle's got a lovely glimpse of Janet Dailey's Santa in a Stetson over at H2H today.

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Hearth Warming

 


Melanie_Murray wrote:

Michelle's got a lovely glimpse of Janet Dailey's Santa in a Stetson over at H2H today.


 

 

 

 

 

Yeah baby, especially if that's all he' wearing!

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
Posts: 788
Registered: ‎04-15-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Hearth Warming

 


dhaupt wrote:

 


Melanie_Murray wrote:

Michelle's got a lovely glimpse of Janet Dailey's Santa in a Stetson over at H2H today.


 

 

 

 

 

Yeah baby, especially if that's all he' wearing!


 

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you! -- Michelle

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Hearth Warming

That dhaupt -- what will she come up with next. Debbie, Debbie. Next thing you know you'll be reading that naughty Lora Leigh. Oh wait -- you already are! (And so am I!)

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Hearth Warming

Ladies you are ruining my stellar unblemished reputation. Oh wait that wasn't me. :womansurprised:

Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Hearth Warming

Head on over to H2H for Michelle's take on Jo Davis's latest sexy Firehouse romance.

Hidden Fire

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Hearth Warming

 


Melanie_Murray wrote:

Head on over to H2H for Michelle's take on Jo Davis's latest sexy Firehouse romance.

Hidden Fire

 


 

I can see that I'm going to have to start a new shelf or two just for books with hot covers.

 

Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Hearth Warming

 

Love the bad boy? Tell Michelle Buonfiglio why that is over at H2H.

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Hearth Warming

 


Melanie_Murray wrote:

 

Love the bad boy? Tell Michelle Buonfiglio why that is over at H2H.


 

Ooooh, yeah!

 

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
Posts: 788
Registered: ‎04-15-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Your Daily Heart-to- Heart!

 

 

Today, I'm giving thanks for what I think is best about romance -- and wondering whether you agree, or are thankful for something else romantic instead. Gosh, I hope the post doesn't get censored.

 

Please join me at H2H for "The Thighs Have It!" -- Michelle Buonfiglio

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Your Daily Heart-to- Heart!

I'll be right there!

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
Posts: 788
Registered: ‎04-15-2009
0 Kudos

Do You Buy Used Romances?

 

 

 

 

The first time I bought a used book online, I felt so guilty I wrote the author to apoligize. You might be surprised by her response!

Please join us at H2H to share whether you think buying used books helps or harms authors' careers. We're talkin' "Used Goods!"  -- Michelle Buonfiglio  (H2H)

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
Posts: 788
Registered: ‎04-15-2009
0 Kudos

Brenda Joyce Returns w/the Bastardly Hero!

Some women -- and by some, I mean ME -- love an author who's talented in creating that most maligned, yet underrated, character from romance fiction: the bastardly hero.

 

Do you love him?  Got an idea of why other women dig him? Please join us at "Hurts So Good" @ H2H to talk big, bad, bastardly heroes and the upcoming Brenda Joyce de Warenne read that could make you a convert to the delicious side of dastardly. -- Michelle Buonfiglio (H2H)

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Do You Buy Used Romances?

 


Michelle_Buonfiglio wrote:

 

 

 

 

The first time I bought a used book online, I felt so guilty I wrote the author to apoligize. You might be surprised by her response!

Please join us at H2H to share whether you think buying used books helps or harms authors' careers. We're talkin' "Used Goods!"  -- Michelle Buonfiglio  (H2H)


 

I do -- dare I admit it? I just read too many books to be able to afford new copies of each one. But for each book I buy used, I find a new author I like and end up buying new copies of the rest of their books.

 

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
Posts: 788
Registered: ‎04-15-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Do You Buy Used Romances?

 


becke_davis wrote:

 


Michelle_Buonfiglio wrote:

 

 

 

 

The first time I bought a used book online, I felt so guilty I wrote the author to apoligize. You might be surprised by her response!

Please join us at H2H to share whether you think buying used books helps or harms authors' careers. We're talkin' "Used Goods!"  -- Michelle Buonfiglio  (H2H)


 

I do -- dare I admit it? I just read too many books to be able to afford new copies of each one. But for each book I buy used, I find a new author I like and end up buying new copies of the rest of their books.

 


 

Becke, I think many of us do at various times.  Economy goes up/down for everyone. I don't know too many romance readers who don't adore shiny, new copies of fave authors' books. So in up times, most buy new.  I probably shouldn't go into it in print, how we like to fondle our lovely copies, should I?  :  )

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Do You Buy Used Romances?

You fondle your books, I sniff mine. Always knew we were weird.

Contributor
Maggie7
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎06-02-2009
0 Kudos

Re: I Love Westerns and Loner Heroes

The Hell' S Eight I recommend. I've read them recently and loved the series. Look forward to the rest.  I read "Caleb's" and was not as impressed but am interested in the other brothers and the "Weres".