Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Laura Kinsale's Got a New Book! Read Exclusive Story Details!

[ Edited ]

If you're a fan of romance legend Laura Kinsale, you've been waiting 5 years to read her upcoming book "Lessons in French  ."  If you haven't tried her books yet, this one's just waitin' to be devoured and beloved.

Click here to read exclusive early look story details about "Lessons in French" you only can get at BN.com's Heart to Heart! Be among the first readers to be in the know!

Make sure to join the conversation about favorite Laura Kinsale books -- and that other special topic... Can't wait to see you there. -- Michelle Buonfiglio (H2H)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Laura Kinsale's Got a New Book! Read Exclusive Story Details!

Darn it, Michelle -- my TBR pile is already spreading like kudzu. Why do you keep finding more books for me to read? I haven't caught up with all the books you and Melanie featured in December!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Darn it, Michelle -- my TBR pile is already spreading like kudzu. Why do you keep finding more books for me to read? I haven't caught up with all the books you and Melanie featured in December!

She's out to get us.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

You're just as bad -- I'm still reading the books by the December featured authors, and I've got the January features to catch up with, too!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Ever wonder about the true nature of Bingley and Darcy's relationship? The author Ann Herendeen has a curious take on it in her novel,

Pride/Prejudice, and Michelle's got all the details at H2H. Click here to read all about this latest riff on Jane Austen's classic.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Victoria Dahl

Today Michelle's talking about the good girl heroine, and why we love her, and specifically how it plays out for her in Victoria Dahl's latest,

Lead Me On.

Click here to read it!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Hold on to Reality

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Reading the Story of Haiti

[ Edited ]

As much as we live for happily ever after, folks who read romance books often turn to them to work through unimaginable emotional challenges – or those inevitable ones life throws into our paths.

So it's only natural that we're devastated by the news from Haiti.  When I saw a picture of a young Haitian girl reading amidst the rubble of her home, it made me wonder at Heart to Heart:

How does crisis like this earthquake affect your romance reading? How do you use romance reading to respond to crisis?

Join us there to tell us, to learn how the earthquake has affected some Haitian writers, and how you can help. -- Michelle

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

I can't wait to read this series.  It's so wild that Steph Tyler says 3 (!) women wrote to tell her they'd actually dated the hero from her book!  She even checked the isp of their computers to make sure it wasn't the same woman!  the whole story's funky.  I'm dying to hear everyone's stories of real-life romance heroes they're sure books were based on...or just guys who'd make good ones. : )   Click here to share

!

Contributor
jill33177
0 Kudos

New to B&N book clubs...

but certainly not new to reading, I don't know what you all read, although I've read a few of the messages here and admit to not having read any of these books. I read a lot of Fern Michaels and some Danielle Steele, a lot of Barbara Delinsky. I finally bought a Nook because I am fast running out of book storage room in the house! I can't bear to part with most of my books, so storage really is a problem sometimes. Now I can read more without worrying!

Until I get more "at home" here, I'm going to snuggle up with my Nook and finish the book I'm reading now: "Not My Daughter". so far it's good!

Hope to find someone here with similar likes... meanwhile, enjoy your books, everyone! I intend to! :smileyhappy:

Jill

Jill
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: New to B&N book clubs...

jill33177 wrote:

but certainly not new to reading, I don't know what you all read, although I've read a few of the messages here and admit to not having read any of these books. I read a lot of Fern Michaels and some Danielle Steele, a lot of Barbara Delinsky. I finally bought a Nook because I am fast running out of book storage room in the house! I can't bear to part with most of my books, so storage really is a problem sometimes. Now I can read more without worrying!

Until I get more "at home" here, I'm going to snuggle up with my Nook and finish the book I'm reading now: "Not My Daughter". so far it's good!

Hope to find someone here with similar likes... meanwhile, enjoy your books, everyone! I intend to! :smileyhappy:

Jill

Welcome, Jill. There are plenty of folks here who read and love the authors you mentioned. But for quick updates on what romances we're reading now, you might want to check out this thread.

Contributor
jill33177
0 Kudos

Re: Your Daily Heart-to- Heart!

Melanie, thank you for the welcome. I have one huge problem: now that I have Nook I'm finding that there really is NO time to sleep! Actually, there is llittle time to do anything but read! :smileyhappy:  

I'll  check out the link you gave me; thank you.

I finished "Not My Daughter". Good story, as usual from Delinsky, but I didn't find it up to the standard I expect from her. Still a good book and glad I read it, though.

Have a good reading day. It's cloudy here and a wonderful day for snuggling up with a book! :smileyhappy:

Jill
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I was going through my vintage romances and came across an old favorite by Delinsky. The cover of mine is different, though.

Heat Wave 

It was simply sultry.

Caroline Cooper was hot. And after dealing with other people's crises all day, she was frustrated. But throwing open her window to catch the night breeze did little to solve her problems. Directly across the courtyard sat a man--as scantily glad as she--who inspired steamy and unsettling fantasies .. . .

Driven onto his fire escape by the sweltering heat, lawyer Brendan Carr was weaving fantasies, too--around Carolina .. . .

Both were soon to discover how much better reality could be.

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Hi, Jill!  Welcome!  It's great to have you here!  Melanie's the go-to girl here at the Romantic Reads boards, and Becke, too.  I hope you'll head over to my neck of the woods, the Heart to Heart blog, H2H, and dish w/us about the books you love. We always like having folks who're long-time fans of romance and have lots to add to the fun.

I haven't read a lot of Delinsky. But the one that stands out as one of my fave romances is one that, oddly enough, has to do with infidelity. I'd probably term it a little closer to women's fiction.  And it's killing me that I can't remember the title!  But the book really got to me. The husband has one of those bone-headed spur-of-the-moment encounters...

Becke, that book sounds amazing! Hot?

Again, welcome, Jill!  So glad to see you! -- Michelle Buonfiglio

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Black Dagger Bro'hood Sandwiches? Hot 'n Tasty!

I was doing a much needed, comfort-read binge of a boxed set of J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood books over the weekend. And it reminded me of this game an author taught me. Have you played the Hero Sammich Game? 

C'mon! Head over to Heart to Heart with us, and learn it. Once you do, it'll have you hungry for more hero than you may be able to handle!

We're "Stahrving for Heroes!" Click here to dig in, too. -- Michelle

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Michelle - Barbara Delinsky's Heat Wave was hot before hot was big. That's one of the reasons I saved it. I haven't read it in ages so I don't know what I'd think of it today, but I had to fan myself the first time I read it!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi Jill and welcome to our very dysfunctional family:womanvery-happy: We're happy though.

I've got the new Delinski book in my TBR pile and I can't wait to dig into it.

How do you like the Nook? I'll probably only be able to afford one when they start giving them away. LOL

But I have friends who have kindles, how does the nook compare. As far as sleep goes, there will be plenty of time for that when we're old and grey and put out to pasture. In the mean time. read, read, read.

Blogger
Michelle_Buonfiglio
0 Kudos

Deb?  I didn't realize I should have been referring to you as my lady! Please, please, I beg not to offend! Perhaps you could just raise the rents on the serfs to afford an e-reader?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Michelle_Buonfiglio wrote:

Deb?  I didn't realize I should have been referring to you as my lady! Please, please, I beg not to offend! Perhaps you could just raise the rents on the serfs to afford an e-reader?

I'll take it under advisement. In the mean time I say Let Them Eat Cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :womanvery-happy:

Contributor
jill33177
0 Kudos

Well, ladies, I'm already old and getting gray! I'm not out to pasture yet, though! I can read, therefore I am!

I've heard from friends who have the Kindle and I did quite a bit of comparisons before I chose the Nook. I love my Nook!! I wasn't at all sure I would, after so many years of my "routine" with my books. I loved it so much I broke the bank and bought one for my daughter for Christmas.  She  loves hers,  too. With my Nook, I could lay in a supply of liquid and goodies and just read in bed or on the sofa for days on end!! Never have to go to the store again!! :smileyvery-happy:    It's not inexpensive, but when I figure out the money I pay for books and gas and annoyance at the store (where they don't know the alphabet and can't shelve books correctly!!!), I think it will pay for itself in short order. The books are less than I'd pay at the store and I don't have the storage problem....... most books I can't bear to part with!

As for Delinsky... I'm absolutely horrible with book  titles, but I'll try!  My favorites are: More Than Friends, Suddenly, Fingerprints... there are others I can't darn remember right now! I don't like them all, though!

I also love Fern Michaels! I've read her Texas, Vegas and Kentucky series... excellent! I've read all the Sisterhood series so far and like all of those, too.  I just finished her new one and that was excellent, too.

Steel... some I like, some I really, really don't like! I  have to choose hers carefully. I did love Daddy, though, and Message From Nam and Heartbeat.

Although I have them in paperback I've also bought some of them for my Nook so I can reread and always have them, even if something happens to the paperbacks.

I'll try to find H2H... this board is difficult for me to navigate for some reason.  I'll try to find you, though!

Meanwhile, I'll be popping back in here off and on, as I have time. I'm rather busy, you know: reading! :smileyhappy:

Jill