Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
clreader

hot romance v/s erotica

I recently read the first in the Nauti Boys series.  I love Lora Leigh's SEAL series but this was my first m/m/f, or in this case m/m/m/f.  Even though it didn't go quite that far in that book, I know in some of her others the man does share 'his" woman with his friend or brother.  It definitely is erotic and I did like the characters but I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around this- comparing this type of man to the deeply devoted and in love and intensely possessive men leigh and Feehan have written about in other books.  Any thoughts?

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: hot romance v/s erotica

[ Edited ]

I love a hot steamy romance. But it can't just be about the sex, there has to be a great story too.

And most definitely it's all about the monogamy for me, well mostly.

Here's a post that I made earlier about this very subject:

Okay I admit it I've been trying to get into Er-Rom. My problem is that the one's I'v attempted to read to me anyway are smut. They just say dirty words during the act. I won't mention the author's names.

But could someone point me in the direction of really good writing with very sizzling romance scenes where the participants aren't deviants and just try to enhance the "deed" by putting in a lot of smutty, dirty words.

Now don't get me wrong I'm no prude and don't cringe at the f word or anything like that, but come on just give me some really great dialogue to describe the intimacy. Oh and I want it to be mainstream romance, one hero one heroine no threesomes etc..

I hope that's not too much to ask for.

Here's an example I love Laurel K Hamilton's Merry Gentry series and that is very erotic and I know it involves more than two people but I think the circumstances are different there.

So HELP

Thanks

And then several people made suggestions and I found some hot new authors that I love now

Contributor
goodcupateaRR
0 Kudos

I enjoy erotic books very much, but anything involving sex scenes with more than the male & female couple  involved really turns me off.  Three & four somes  seem to be becoming more popular with some authors and I am avoiding these books.  I like a hero who is very protective and possesive of his heroines attentions, and wants no other man or woman touching her the way he does.

A comfy chair, a good read and a hot cup a tea.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I wonder how many readers enjoy multiples and how many are turned off by it? Posters, jump in and tell me what you think.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I think it depends on how it's handled. The first time I came across it I wasn't sure what to think of it. Since then, I've come across it in books where it was very well done and in others where it grossed me out. A lot depends on how strong the romance is and how charismatic the characters are. And, mainly, how good an explanation the author gives for the reason a couple becomes a menage. Or more.

And, honestly, at my age I can't believe I'm even taking part in this discussion. I think I've lost the ability to blush.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I don't like it Melanie and is the main reason I stay away from E-rom. It's all about the monogamy for me. but don't get me wrong I love a hot sizzling romance.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

I like it, if it's done well.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I guess that's true about many of the things we read. It's easy to forgive anything if it's done well.