Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
wolfmom
0 Kudos

love my paramormal romance!

I have read almost everything out there! :smileytongue: Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kate Douglas, Nina Bangs, Robin Popp, Laurel K Hamilton, Devyn Quinn, etc....

If it's vampires, shape-shifters, even the paranormal-erotic books....

I love them!  Anyone know of any new & upcoming paramormal writers?  I'd love to find someone new.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: love my paramormal romance!

wolfmom wrote:

I have read almost everything out there! :smileytongue: Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kate Douglas, Nina Bangs, Robin Popp, Laurel K Hamilton, Devyn Quinn, etc....

I love them!  Anyone know of any new & upcoming paramormal writers?  I'd love to find someone new.

Check out the Paranormal Book Club board here.  Brace yourself -- it's a wild bunch over there!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hey watch it, I visit that board too. And wolfmom the only thing about over at Paranormal is they tend to cover more general paranormal fiction than you'd find here in romance.

But I like all the authors you've mentioned and here's a few more:

Christine Feehan

Karen Marie Moning

Larissa Ione

Brenda Joyce

Christina Dodd

Kay Hooper

Heather Graham

Angie Fox

Gena Showalter

enjoy!! 

Inspired Contributor
jlrouse
0 Kudos

I agree 100%!  Sherrilyn Kenyon is one of my favorites!  I also recommend anything by Karen Marie Moning; the "Darkness Chosen series by Christina Dodd is good; and I've heard really good things about the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward, though I haven't read any of them yet.  I also recommend the "Servant" series by L.L. Foster (Lori Foster) and the "Sookie Stackhouse" series by Charlaine Harris...but I don't know if you'd classify either of those series as romance.  My number one recommendation is you like erotic paranormal books, though, is Lora Leigh.  Her breed series is awesome! Megan's Mark  Harmony's Way  Tanner's Scheme  Dawn's Awakening  Mercury's War  Coyote's Mate  
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

wolfmom wrote:

Check out the Paranormal Book Club board here.  Brace yourself -- it's a wild bunch over there!

My.. haven't been descibed as a wild one since high school. (chuckle)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Tigger and Debbie - with you two there, we KNOW it's wild!  I used to go there a lot but the number of posts they get is scary -- I couldn't keep up!  Besides, my TBR pile couldn't handle it.
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
Tigger and Debbie - with you two there, we KNOW it's wild!  I used to go there a lot but the number of posts they get is scary -- I couldn't keep up!  Besides, my TBR pile couldn't handle it.

Ah well, it's fun more than busy.

But if ever one wants a book sugestion we'll pile you up.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Ah well, it's fun more than busy.

But if ever one wants a book sugestion we'll pile you up.

Yes it is fun and with Paul overseeing everything well what can I say, he's extremely literate on all things woo woo.

Correspondent
JalMor77
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

If you haven't read Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series, you must.  It's really good!  And naturally Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series.  LOVE LOVE LOVE the Brothers!!!

Jalana

Message Edited by JalMor77 on 05-15-2009 09:39 PM

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
0 Kudos

Oh oh oh and I forgot about Larissa Ione's Demonica Series.  I'm rereading it now.  LOVE IT!

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica Series #1) 

Desire Unchained (Demonica Series #2)  

Passion Unleashed (Demonica Series #3)  

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
0 Kudos

If you want a HOT paranormal, check out this one -- I just finished it.  Yowza!

Animal Attraction  

New User
xoxo6867
0 Kudos

Charlaine Harris is my favorite! I somehow manage to finish each book from the Sookie Stackhouse series within a few hours... and there is always the HBO series True Blood!!!!
Inspired Contributor
jlrouse
0 Kudos

Charlaine Harris is really awesome!  I just started reading the Sookie Stackhouse series and I'm already on book 4!  I haven't watched any of the True Blood series on HBO yet, but I've heard really good things :smileyhappy:.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

JalMor77 wrote:

Oh oh oh and I forgot about Larissa Ione's Demonica Series.  I'm rereading it now.  LOVE IT!

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica Series #1) 

Desire Unchained (Demonica Series #2)  

Passion Unleashed (Demonica Series #3)  

Oh I lOVE her series. A little like JR Ward only dealing with demons instead of Vamps. 

New User
wolfmom
0 Kudos

:smileyvery-happy:

THANK YOU!  Everyone who responded was very helpful!  I'm actually just about to finish JR Ward's Lover Avenged....it is SO awesome!  I also read Lyndsay sands, Christine Feehan, Christina Dodd.....Charlene Harris I'm going to have to start reading and the Larrissa Demonica books roo!  Thanks for all the great suggestions!  I'll also be heading to the paranormal boards to see what I can find there!

Ever notice the local library doesn't carry too much paranormal unless you want Ann Rice?

New User
SuitePea
0 Kudos

Re: love my paranormal romance!

I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood books by J.R. Ward.  Even though I have just started reading paranormal romances 2-3 months ago, they are my favorite so far. The Demonica books aren't bad either.
Contributor
Lunanshee
0 Kudos

Just finished Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper - fun and enjoyable (lighter side of PR).

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Lunanshee wrote:

Just finished Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper - fun and enjoyable (lighter side of PR).

I've been wondering how that was! Is it like the MaryJanice Davidson books? First person and snappy voice?

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs 

Contributor
Lunanshee
0 Kudos

I haven't read any Davidson, but snappy and amusing are good descriptersMain character has a somewhat skewed and rather amusing perspective (especially from a fellow random trivia spouter).