Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

virginia henley

hi, has anyone read any of virginia's henley's books. I'm reading her book notorious.. it's pretty good. just wonderong if any others were good too
"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
stardrifting
0 Kudos

Re: virginia henley

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:
hi, has anyone read any of virginia's henley's books. I'm reading her book notorious.. it's pretty good. just wonderong if any others were good too

Yes, I read every single one that comes out, she is one of my favorite authors.  I haven't been able to get The Decadent Duke (her latest), but I am asking for it for Christmas.

Stacy

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i finisbed that book-omn amazing. i am thinking about reading her infamous now
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i thought the book notorious was amazing, that as to be one of my fav medievel books... can u rccommend any other of her books, or of other authors thats a medievel...
Frequent Contributor
stardrifting
0 Kudos

You should go to her website:  http://www.virginiahenley.com/.  It has a listing of all her books and you can email her.  She does write back, even though she is so busy.

Stacy

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Cheyenne,

Try older Teresa Medeiros. She wrote some wonderful medeivals. Also try Sue-Ellen Welfonder.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

thanks..im having a lot of trouble finding authors that r good that write in this era
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Teresa Medeiros is wonderful.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:
thanks..im having a lot of trouble finding authors that r good that write in this era
I agree.  I love her vampire books, too.  She was one of the authors whose books made me a fan of historicals (very late in the game).

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

yeah...what does that author write? is it the same era as virginia henley?
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

yeah. a lot of these look really good...ill have too look at some of these
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

so i finally found anther author...not including teresa m. julie garwood is great at the middle ages/scotland. ive read several of those and have liked them all. can someone resommend another book by virginia henley...i kinda wasnt to read another by her if its as good as notorious
Frequent Contributor
stardrifting
0 Kudos

My very favorite by her is Border Hostage.  I don't know why, but this book sticks with me out of all of hers.  Most of her writing is really, really good, especially from the last few years.

Stacy

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

have her books been reprinted?
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

yeah i added it to my tbr stack...sounds really good