Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Murray
0 Kudos

Garden Spell

Dear Ms. Allen;

I was enchanted by your novel. My favorite character was Bay, because she knew things; even before her mother and Aunt. Your story weaves the reader in and out of time. I was thinking it took place in another time until I read about the cell phone. How beautiful to tell a story where the garden is as much of a characater and plays such an important role. Yes, a garden enchanted with herbs, flowers and apples! I loved the part where fear and hate was so intense that it hung in the air (Daavid's Cologne).
You have a remarkable gift of weaving words and capturing the imagination!!!
Author
Sarah_Addison_Allen
0 Kudos

Re: Garden Spell

Thanks so much, Murray...

Sarah
New User
worldbook1
0 Kudos

I love the cover of the book. I know the old adage about not judging a book by its cover, but the cover really draws me in. But I am not sure who is the girl on the cover. I don't remember either Claire of Sydney having hair like this (but I could be wrong). I do remember reading about Bay's wavy hair I think. Could this be Bay in the future? Just a thought.....
Author
Sarah_Addison_Allen
0 Kudos

worldbook1 wrote:
I love the cover of the book. I know the old adage about not judging a book by its cover, but the cover really draws me in. But I am not sure who is the girl on the cover. I don't remember either Claire of Sydney having hair like this (but I could be wrong). I do remember reading about Bay's wavy hair I think. Could this be Bay in the future? Just a thought.....

I love the cover, too. The girl is actually Sydney. Her hair is light brown with natural curl, "like waves of caramel icing on cake..."

Sarah
Contributor
Murray
0 Kudos

Book cover

The book cover adds to the magic of the novel. One could make up a whole story simply by looking at the cover. The woman in white could be s 'spirit' or a mysterious woman drawn to the garden. She could have her own story to tell. However, I like to think it is Bay. She has returned and is reflecting on her past and contemplating her future.

murray
New User
Alchemy_and_Magick
0 Kudos

I simply am draw to books of this nature  I have read this book twice already oh there IS magic to her books,I hope the Author writes another with the same undertones.

Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 314 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: