Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Thanks to Sena and the group!

Sena,

I'd like take the chance to thank you from all of us! You've given so much of your time, and such great insight into your process in creating such a moving character. It has felt like reading the intimate autobiography of a figure who in many ways has been "lost" to our understanding, simply by being so famous. You've been wonderfully responsive to our questions here, and I hope we will get the chance to take part in this forum with your next book!

And thanks to the group! I'm tremendously impressed by the subtle readings, bright comments, and the new additions to my own TBR list from all of you!
Frequent Contributor
marcialou
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks to Sena and the group!

Thanks to Sena, Rkubie and Fozzie and everyone else for making this discussion a good one. I hope to see some of you at other book clubs.

Marcia
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sena, for the delightful book, Abundance. I relished every word of it. Now I am looking forward to reading Ahab's Wife and Four Spirits.

Also, thank you to everyone who contributed to the discussion. I had fun talking with all of you and hope to see you all in future B&N on line discussions.
Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Sincere Thanks goes out to Sena. I had read Ahab's wife and loved it. So many great thoughts were edged into this great read. You are certainly a thorough writer by far.I will definitely pick up four Spirits also. I am sure its superb like these two.
Abundance was far better than I would have hoped. You betrayed so vividly the life that Marie Antonette had to have lived in her era of time. It was absolutely heartwarming. Thanks again and come back soon.

Thanks Rachel for keeping us on the right track! Loved your comments also. See you again on the board.

Thanks all readers for some great input!
Frequent Contributor
viva2
0 Kudos

I echo what the others have already said so well about Sena and our moderator.

Fozzie, Marcia and others have, in addition, added much to our reading of this wonderful book. I hope to see you again in future B&N book groups.

Sena, your insights have greatly enriched the reading your book. Thank you so much for spending so much time with us.

I have never before read a book and and, as a result, ordered three related books, two from your bibliography. I have felt driven to delve deeper into the life and times of a woman whom I had largely written off prior to reading your book. Thank you. This experience has been so much fun!

You have made her live and breathe for us, humanizing her to the point that I came to care intensely about her and her development as a woman of more substance than I could have imagined, heretofore. That is a great accomplishment. Kudos to you, Sena.

Now, on to "Ahab's Wife," accompanied by CDs of "Moby Dick."
Users Online
Currently online: 33 members 708 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: