Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
Laurel
0 Kudos

Re: Snow (off topic)

We're back to our normal rain, and the grass is green again. It's going to need mowing soon.

LizzieAnn wrote:
I thought it was just me! I woke up yesterday morning to something similiar. After two days of temperatures in the 40s and lots of melting snow, the temperatures dropped and laid down 6 inches of brand new white powedery snow! Ah, spring!

Laurel wrote:

Just when I thought spring was coming, I looked out this morning to see huge, wet flakes of snow. The gras is speckled green and white now.

Message Edited by LizzieAnn on 02-24-200712:55 PM

"Truth must of necessity be stranger than fiction, for fiction is the creation of the human mind, and therefore is congenial to it." ~~G.K. Chesterton
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Laurel wrote:
We're back to our normal rain, and the grass is green again. It's going to need mowing soon.

Bite your tongue! :smileyhappy:

But I fear you're right. Time to get out the John Deere and make sure it's ready for its first foray into the wildness that we call a lawn.

But my wife and daughters won't let me mow the front hill until after the wildflowers have finished blooming, by which time the grass is so high that I can't mow it to its proper length right away or I would kill it, but have to work it down gradually. And since the lawn is on bedrock and dries up into a lovely golden brown as soon as the rains stop, I no sooner get it mowed down than it dies off, not to recover again until the fall rains come.

Ah, life in the Pacific Northwest!
0 Kudos

My but this topic has ranged far afield!
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

cheryl_shell wrote:

Or, at least, far alawn.
0 Kudos

lawn (off topic)

Everyman, it sound like you better cultivate a jungle.
z,
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

cheryl_shell wrote:

I feel like I am in UK, weather talk. Safe subject anytime.
ziki
not a meteorlogist
Reader
Fireice_89
0 Kudos

Re: A Note about Editions and Quoting Shakespeare

when it comes to books of Shakespeare all of them are good buyt my fav. is Romeo and julent. their romance is told over and over again through out the times.
FireIce_89
Frequent Contributor
cheryl_shell
0 Kudos

Romeo and Juliet

Fireice_89 wrote:
when it comes to books of Shakespeare all of them are good buyt my fav. is Romeo and julent. their romance is told over and over again through out the times.

You are right, Fireice! By the way, does your handle have anything to do with Robert Frost's poem?

Welcome to the club! Please comment more often. We'd love to hear from you!
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 645 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: