Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Changes in June

Hello, Shakespeare Book Club -

You may have seen the administration's announcement this morning in "Announcements."

The Shakespeare Book Club, and a few other clubs, are being disbanded.  After the end of May, I will no longer be a moderator.

I have enjoyed sharing Shakespeare with all of you.

Keep reading, and take care -

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Inspired Wordsmith
harleyhoney
0 Kudos

Re: Changes in June

Very best wishes to you, Connie.  Although I don't have much to say about the readings  I've enjoyed all the book clubs that I've been following.  You have always been a wonderful moderator and teacher (old Emily Dickinson class). 

Nancy

"Somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley
Performed by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus on RAISING SAND
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

harleyhoney wrote:

Very best wishes to you, Connie.  Although I don't have much to say about the readings  I've enjoyed all the book clubs that I've been following.  You have always been a wonderful moderator and teacher (old Emily Dickinson class). 

Nancy

Thanks so much, Nancy.  If you were with me for the Dickinson class at the old BNU, then you know the site goes through changes from time to time.  Perhaps we'll "meet" yet again.

All best to you.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Correspondent
friery
0 Kudos

ConnieK--That's a pity.  Thanks for your time and attention.

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Hi Connie!  I thought I would just pop over here, too, to thank you for having moderated this board.  Although I've read with you much more often on the Classics board, I did participate in a few discussions on this one a while back.  The discussion of Macbeth finally motivated me to read one of the most famous Shakespeare plays that I had never gotten around to reading before, and I am grateful for that.  And then it was followed up the next month by my long-time favorite, The Taming of the Shrew!

I'm sure that you will sorely be missed by B&N Shakespeare readers!!! :smileysad:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
dulcinea3 wrote:

Hi Connie!  I thought I would just pop over here, too, to thank you for having moderated this board.  Although I've read with you much more often on the Classics board, I did participate in a few discussions on this one a while back.  The discussion of Macbeth finally motivated me to read one of the most famous Shakespeare plays that I had never gotten around to reading before, and I am grateful for that.  And then it was followed up the next month by my long-time favorite, The Taming of the Shrew!

I'm sure that you will sorely be missed by B&N Shakespeare readers!!! :smileysad:

Aw, thanks Denise.  I'm sorry to see the Shakespeare Club disband; I have to say.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Dear Shakespeare Book Club:

This is my last day here at the club. 

I hope our paths cross again one day, but in the meantime, I wanted to thank you all for sharing your enjoyment of Shakespeare with me in such a fun and cordial way for so long.

I'm sorry to hear that the Shakespeare Club is disbanding, but change is inevitable, and maybe lovers of the bard will have another opportunity to share on the BN.com site in the future.  One never knows! 

In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy your summers, and maybe I'll "see" you around!

Take care! 

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:42 members 471 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: