Frequent Contributor
cheryl_shell
0 Kudos

Scotland, PA

friery wrote:
Maura Tiernay does a pretty credible Lady M in Scotland, PA. (Someone once called her "a thinking man's Carmen Electra." That's Maura Tiernay, BTW, not Lady M.)

Choisya wrote:
LOL Friery - Now that really is divergent thinking! I love the idea of a vegetarian McDuff and a Fry cook called Banco.

friery wrote:
Has anyone yet mentioned Scotland, PA? It's an interesting indie film loosely based on MacBeth, starring Maura Tiernay and Christopher Walken.

cheryl_shell wrote:
Here is a space to recommend and critique film versions (and adaptations) of Macbeth.

Yes, I love that movie! Especially since Christopher Walken is in it.
Frequent Contributor
cheryl_shell
0 Kudos

MacBird?

Choisya wrote:
LOL Friery - Now that really is divergent thinking! I love the idea of a vegetarian McDuff and a Fry cook called Banco!:smileyhappy:

I wonder if anyone saw this American production last year, which imagines Macbeth as President Lyndon Johnson:-

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/12/AR2006091201349.html?nav=emailpage

Are you talking about MacBird, Choisya? I guess the reviewer didn't like the production. It's a period piece, so I'm surprised anyone would want to revive it.
Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Re: MacBird?

Yes Cheryl. I guess it could be revived using another President?

I wonder if anyone saw this American production last year, which imagines Macbeth as President Lyndon Johnson:-

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/12/AR2006091201349.html?nav=emailpage

Are you talking about MacBird, Choisya? I guess the reviewer didn't like the production. It's a period piece, so I'm surprised anyone would want to revive it.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 717 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: