Reply
Contributor
SAP6
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-09-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

[ Edited ]
This is the SAP6 group from S. High representing our AP World Literature. We are all athletes of the winter track team and we are ranked number one in our conference. Two of us throw the shot, another is a distance runner, and the other is a jumper. We were assigned to read Siddartha. Now after we have read the book were are disscusing several aspects of the story.

Message Edited by ConnieK on 01-11-2008 08:23 PM
Frequent Contributor
ELee
Posts: 418
Registered: ‎10-26-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

[ Edited ]

SAP4 wrote:
I'm c. sleep is good. books are too. i just didn't like this one.



C.,

What is it about Hesse's Siddhartha that you didn't like?

Message Edited by ConnieK on 01-11-2008 08:23 PM
Contributor
SAP7
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-09-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself



SAP5 wrote:
Hello!!..we are group SAP5... we are representing our AP English 11 class from "S" Senior High School... we have been reading the book Siddhartha.. we felt the book ws a little different... but after reading it, it wasnt as bad as we thought...


Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
Posts: 933
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself


SAP7 wrote:


SAP5 wrote:
Hello!!..we are group SAP5... we are representing our AP English 11 class from "S" Senior High School... we have been reading the book Siddhartha.. we felt the book ws a little different... but after reading it, it wasnt as bad as we thought...







Hi SAP5, welcome to the group, and welcome to all the other SAP sections!

SAP5, you said the book was a little different,different from what? Is it different because of its content or because of the writing style?
Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
Posts: 933
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself


SAP6 wrote:
This is the SAP6 group from Seaford High representing our AP World Literature. We are all athletes of the winter track team and we are ranked number one in our conference. Two of us throw the shot, another is a distance runner, and the other is a jumper. We were assigned to read Siddartha. Now after we have read the book were are disscusing several aspects of the story.




Hi SAP6,

I'm curious; what aspects are you discussing? Is there anything in the book you can relate to?
Contributor
cuznsteve
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎12-31-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

[ Edited ]
C.,(sap 4) what do you thoughts about Siddharthas long sleep by the river , under the banyan tree .Sleep well, study too.
cuznsteve

Message Edited by ConnieK on 01-11-2008 08:27 PM
Contributor
SAT10
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎01-09-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

We are group SAT10. We are a part of the Sap group, our leader entered in the incooedt user name! Or group represents an A.P. English 11 class from "S" Senior High School. Our class read Siddhartha about a month ago. It was an interesting book, that we look forward to discussing.
Contributor
SAP19
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

[ Edited ]
We are a group from S. Senior High School...yeah the little ol town of Seaford. In our groups you have me S., T., M., D., and I. We are representing AP/World Literature 11. Like a month ago we read a book in class called Siddarthur and that is our connection.

S.

Message Edited by ConnieK on 01-11-2008 08:27 PM
Contributor
SAP2
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-08-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

[ Edited ]
Hey! This is SAP 2. We're all from S. High School and we are representing our English class! I'm Hilary and my groupies are A., E., P., and L.. We dont really have a strong connection with Siddhartha we just all came to the conclusion that we didnt care too much for it :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by ConnieK on 01-11-2008 08:26 PM
Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
Posts: 933
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Challenge to SAP 2

[ Edited ]

SAP2 wrote:
Hey! This is SAP 2. We're all from S. High School and we are representing our English class! I'm Hilary and my groupies are A., E., P., and L.. We dont really have a strong connection with Siddhartha we just all came to the conclusion that we didnt care too much for it :smileyhappy:




Hey SAP 2. Thanks for joining the group and thanks for giving us your names, it makes SAP a little more real. I asked SAT 10 to give me a sentence they liked so I can copy it and write it in my journal. I'll ask you too, H., A., E., Paige, and L., to each give me one sentence, a phrase, just something you liked in the book.

I'll give you an example about something I liked in the book. Govinda finds out that Siddhartha has learned quite a bit from the shramanas, more than he had expected and he tells him, "truly, if you had remained there, you would soon have learned how to walk on water."

I liked the answer Siddhartha gives: "I do not wish to know how to walk on water."

Message Edited by ConnieK on 01-11-2008 08:25 PM
Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
Posts: 933
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself



SAP6 wrote:
This is the SAP6 group from Seaford High representing our AP World Literature. We are all athletes of the winter track team and we are ranked number one in our conference. Two of us throw the shot, another is a distance runner, and the other is a jumper. We were assigned to read Siddartha. Now after we have read the book were are disscusing several aspects of the story.




Congratulations on being ranked number one on the witner track team. You must be proud of your accomplishments.
I just looked at the Seaford High website and the reading schedule. I'm curious, what is 11R and 11A? Different reading lists. One of the books I really think is great is "The Things They Carried." And of course "The Kite Runner." (both on the 11A reading list)
Contributor
SAP4
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎01-09-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

it was very predictable.
Contributor
SAP1
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-08-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

[ Edited ]
THIS is SAP1 the best group in the world get over it and thats the end of that
group memebers M., L., Blue aka bk and d.

Message Edited by ConnieK on 01-11-2008 08:24 PM
New User
SAP3
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-08-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hello we are the SAP3 group representing AP english at seaford high school. We have read the book Siddartha and at first were confused on his gender, but then got it all. it was a little wierd but not so bad.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Welcome, all SAP Groups!

Welcome to all of the "SAP" groups! I hope you and your teacher enjoy participating here on the Barnes & Noble.com Book Clubs! Many of the other members of the club read this book many years ago for the first time (perhaps when some of them were your age or just a bit older). They are re-reading it and enjoying the experience of looking back at the book and how their lives have changed since they first read it (which relates strongly, as you can see, to the book itself). I hope you will read their replies to your group questions and comments and that they will read yours as well so that there might be some 'enlightening' discussion.

One word of caution--Since this is a public forum on the Internet, we ask that you not use your real names in message titles or inside message posts. I have edited out names from several messages. To help with discussion, please consider coming up with an individual screen name to use in posting. For example, if you are Sue from Group SAP3, and you write a post for your group, perhaps you can sign it as "Sarah." Just pick a random name that no one else in your group will use--ok?

As always, anyone on the boards can PM me (private message me) with any questions or concerns as discussion develops over the next few weeks.

~ConnieK
~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
Contributor
SAP19
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome, all SAP Groups!

hie iam a student in the sap19 group. and i have been given the book from my school, and have read it and sidharta was a intersting book because it was a completely defferent from the ones that i have read, and it has been of a person that wanted to become a semanas and went trough alot of things for this even his own father.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome, all SAP Groups!

Welcome, SAP19 group member! I hope you'll look down the board and consider posting more of your thoughts in any of the topics threads that interest you!

~ConnieK



SAP19 wrote:
hie iam a student in the sap19 group. and i have been given the book from my school, and have read it and sidharta was a intersting book because it was a completely defferent from the ones that i have read, and it has been of a person that wanted to become a semanas and went trough alot of things for this even his own father.


~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
New User
gis4gucci
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi I'm Gina. I read this book a bunch of years ago. I had a younger brother take it and then another brother take it from him. I did originally buy it from B&N! I've asked for it back, ahh but to no avail. Because like other posts, I agree...this one should be read over and over. There are certain books that actually change you. I mean almost a physical change--hmmm maybe just an energy shift--anyway, this one does. I loved it. What a brilliant story. I still can't get the final image of the guys face out of my head. It almost haunts me. A great reminder that you don't have to be famous to be a significant human being. Look forward to reading the posts.
New User
gis4gucci
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi Lloyd, just wanted to encourage you in your endeavors of reading religious texts. It's one of my favorite pastimes. I have no idea why. But don't overlook the Tao Te Ching. And the Kabbalah (sp?). Hafiz (a Sufi poet) has some outrageously amazing poetry, you shouldn't miss (The Gift). And here's a tip: I have found the most beautiful translations (they'll bring you tears) are by Steven Mitchell. B&M carries them all (I know I bought them all there!) I have his Bhagavad Gita and Tao Te Ching. Again, the books change you while you read them. They're positively fascinating. Enjoy your new found quest! very best, Gina
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Welcome, Gina! Feel free to jump right in!

~ConnieK



gis4gucci wrote:
Hi I'm Gina. I read this book a bunch of years ago. I had a younger brother take it and then another brother take it from him. I did originally buy it from B&N! I've asked for it back, ahh but to no avail. Because like other posts, I agree...this one should be read over and over. There are certain books that actually change you. I mean almost a physical change--hmmm maybe just an energy shift--anyway, this one does. I loved it. What a brilliant story. I still can't get the final image of the guys face out of my head. It almost haunts me. A great reminder that you don't have to be famous to be a significant human being. Look forward to reading the posts.


~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
1
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 442 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: