Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
kayaklloyd
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Gina:
Thank you so much for your note of encouragement. I am currently reading the Bhagavad Gita translated by Graham M. Schweig. I may well pick up Steven Mitchell's also. Sometimes it helps a great deal in understanding to read two translations simultaneously. Thanks again.
Lloyd
New User
gis4gucci
0 Kudos

Lloyd, you're welcome. Interesting idea to read them simultaneously. Enjoy! The Bhagavad Gita is one of my favorite books to read. Sincerely, Gina
Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

iciclesnot wrote:
Hello GROUP! :smileyhappy: My name is Harry Brake, I teach 11th Grade English at Seaford, Delaware! We just finished reading Siddhartha! I was wondering, would you be opposed after we return to school, to have my students enroll in this discussion as well to allow for their voices and experience in a book discussion? They have MANY questions regarding this! I loved the book, first time I read this! I volunteer at the Baltimore Aquarium, and make a reason to visit the Barnes and Noble in Baltimore every trip! :smileyhappy: If you'd like to see what my studenta are into, you can travel to www.seaford.k12.de.us/es/hbrake to see more! Glad to be here!

Sincerely,

Harry Brake

Hello Harry,

I'm not speaking for the rest of the group, but I would be honored to have your students join us. You sound like a teacher who loves his craft. Your students will be well-versed, I'm sure.

Siddhartha is one of my favorites. So much greatness in such a small book is a wonder to behold. I'm looking forward to the discussion!

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Welcome, blkeyesuzi!

Harry's students have participated in the board, predominantly by asking questions in small groups. Feel free to post any responses to their questions that occur to you. They are usually designated by "SAP" or "SAT" screen names.

~ConnieK

blkeyesuzi wroteHello Harry,

I'm not speaking for the rest of the group, but I would be honored to have your students join us. You sound like a teacher who loves his craft. Your students will be well-versed, I'm sure.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
WildCityWoman
0 Kudos

I'm Carly - I've been interested in Buddhism for about two years now.

I listen to dharma talks by Gil Fronsdhal at www.audiodharma.com

I'm anxious to read Siddhartha and will order it in from the library immediately.

Carly

http://wildcity.proboards14.com/index.cgi?board=Books
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 235 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: