Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
BookClubEditor
0 Kudos

A Welcome from the Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hello and welcome to the "PC Doctor's Fix It Yourself Guide" book club. My name is Adrian W. Kingsley-Hughes, and I am 'The PC Doctor'.

If you're here on Barnes and Noble I know one thing about you instantly -- you have a computer. I can't tell what kind of computer you have or what operating system and programs you have installed on it, but I know for certain that you are sitting in front of a keyboard and a screen as you are reading this. What else can I tell about you? Well, if you spend any time in front of a PC then there's a very good chance that at some point you've had some sort of problem with your PC. Maybe it didn't start up right, or maybe it crashed and you lost your work, or maybe it became infected by a virus and started to misbehave.

My reason for writing The PC Doctor's Fix It Yourself Guide was to pass on information to help you to take control of your PC, as well as helping you to get the most out of your PC by showing you what all the parts are, what they do, how to repair and replace components and how to rid your PC of nasties like viruses and adware.

Adrian

About Adrian W. Kingsley-Hughes

Adrian W. Kingsley-Hughes is an internationally published technology author who has devoted over a decade to helping users get the most from technology -- whether that be by learning to program, building a PC from a pile of parts, or helping them get the most from their new MP3 player or digital camera.

Adrian has authored/co-authored technical books on a variety of topics, ranging from programming to building and maintaining PCs. His most recent books include Build the Ultimate Custom PC, Beginning Programming and The PC Doctor's Fix It Yourself Guide. He has also written training manuals that have been used by a number of Fortune 500 companies. Adrian also runs a popular blog, The PC Doctor, where he covers a range of computer-related topics -- from security to repairing and upgrading. He also writes a blog at ZDNet.

Message Edited by BookClubEditor on 12-26-2006 02:05 PM

Message Edited by BookClubEditor on 12-26-2006 02:14 PM

Contributor
raina
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome from the Author

Hi Adrian,
Good to see you back in BNU whatever the form. At least we know you are here. I had missed this earlier when I looked in. M.
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome from the Author

Welcome back to you too! Glad you could make it!

Adrian
Adrian
Barnes and Noble Book Club Moderator
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 631 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: