Contributor
june1103
0 Kudos

Dark display

I have a dell Cpi A laptop and I turn it on for the frist time and the screen is really dark..what can I do
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

Re: Dark display

Hi there!

The problem with that sound to me an awful lot like the backlighting module is either dead or there's a loose cable somewhere. When I had a Toshiba laptop that would occasionally do thsi and I'd undo the frame around the display and jiggle the wires adn it would be OK for six months or so.

Does it brighten up after a while?
Adrian
Barnes and Noble Book Club Moderator
Contributor
june1103
0 Kudos

No it dosen't brighten at all, I there anyway to ajust this backlight..Or chould I take a backlight from a different laptop...please any help...would be very greatful
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

I'd say you have two options:

Send it to Dell for repair.
Dismantle the screen and replace the backlight with another identical one. This isn't easy to do adn could wreak the screen.
Adrian
Frequent Contributor
Skyler97
0 Kudos

Somebody here at work was having a problem with the screen on their toshiba satellite 305cds being too dark. She decided to upgrade to a new laptop and gave it to me. I fiddled with the contrast dial and got a clear screen. It's an obsolete model and getting a new battery for it would cost more than the laptop is worth but the kids can play their old windows 95/98 Learning Programs on it.
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

Skyler97 wrote:
Somebody here at work was having a problem with the screen on their toshiba satellite 305cds being too dark. She decided to upgrade to a new laptop and gave it to me. I fiddled with the contrast dial and got a clear screen. It's an obsolete model and getting a new battery for it would cost more than the laptop is worth but the kids can play their old windows 95/98 Learning Programs on it.

Nice one! Smacking the edge of the screen witht he palm of your hand can also make it work again!
Adrian
Users Online
Currently online:9 members 278 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: