Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

Get a free copy of Windows Vista and Office 2007

Microsoft is offering you a chance to get your hands on a copy of Windows Vista Business Edition and 2007 Office systems.
Here's what you need to do:

1 - Visit the Power of Together website
2 - Sign up (It's only for US residents only)
3 - Watch three webcasts/vLabs each for Windows Vista and Office 2007
4 - Wait 6 - 8 weeks
5 - Your software will be delivered to you free of charge

This isn't a scam or a trick - the offer is 100% genuine.

Go get it!
Adrian
Barnes and Noble Book Club Moderator
Frequent Contributor
caroline88
0 Kudos

Re: Get a free copy of Windows Vista and Office 2007

Thank you for the information, Adrian. I was not able to sign up (non US) and I just learned that it has been SOLD OUT.

Caroline
Belief in your mission, greet life with a cheer
There's big work to do, and that's why you are here
~ Caroline
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

Yes, Microsoft hit 30,000 users and closed the door at giving out $12 million worth of software. It was a good offer, shame it was US only.
Adrian
Frequent Contributor
caroline88
0 Kudos

That is ok, Adrian. Fortunately one of my friends was quick enough to receive it and I will get it for free in a month or 10. When my company has finalized testing and company wide roll-out :smileysurprised:)

Correction, that is the company I am currently associated with. It is not my own, yet.
~ Caroline
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

Nice one!
Adrian
Frequent Contributor
caroline88
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
LOL, I was just kidding you, Adrian. I will never own the company I am currently associated with. It is currently in the Forbes 50 so I doubt if even Bill Gates could afford the buy-out.

Playing with words, the other option would be that day that I get my own business off the ground and one of my business goals (that I already wrote down!) is to find a person who can take care of system maintenance for me. Firmware, security, backups, updates, the whole thing. When it is not your core business, it is too much work to try and keep up with all the new developments.
Yes I COULD learn it all and figure it all out, especially with your expert help but it is not time-efficient to try and continue to do everything myself.

But for now, I will try and learn how Windows XP works. At work, we still use an older version of Windows and they are going to skip XP altogether.

Message Edited by caroline88 on 12-14-200610:52 PM

~ Caroline
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

Love the quote at the bottom of your post Caroline - nice!
Adrian
Frequent Contributor
caroline88
0 Kudos

Thank you Adrian. I made it a few years ago, after reading some Zig Ziglar and Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. My muses, if you will.

Caroline
~ Caroline
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

caroline88 wrote:
Thank you Adrian. I made it a few years ago, after reading some Zig Ziglar and Dr. Norman Vincent Peale. My muses, if you will.

Caroline

Good muses - one of my favorites is Brian Tracy.
Adrian
Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 722 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: