Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
june1103
0 Kudos

HELP ''PLEASE''

I got a ibm thinkpad i series...yeah it's oldie it goes into the bio's just fine.. I don't know what i did oneday
I just turned it on, and ''blam oh'' ALL my data ''LOST'' and I bought this laptop used so I don't have the
recovery cd's or anything at all.. I do keep getting the message ''NTLDR MISSING'' when I try to run a floppy with
some recovery software but it won't open the software it just keep saying ''NTLDR MISSING'' not a system disk???
Can you tell me what this message means....and also if someone erased your hard drive to get back at you
for something chould you get the data back...PLEASE AND THANK YOU JR.
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

Re: HELP ''PLEASE''

Hi there!

'NTLDR MISSING' is Windows XP's way of saying that a critical boot up file that it is looking for is missing. This can happen for a number of reasons:

- The hard drive has suffered a software or mechanical problem
- The data has become corrupted
- The laptop isn't seeing the hard drive

What model PC is it? Was it dropped at all? The easiest way to fix this would be to reinstall the operating system.
Adrian
Barnes and Noble Book Club Moderator
Contributor
june1103
0 Kudos

it's a IBM thinkpad i series 1400, 2611 451 and I'm not sure if it was drop or not, But chould have hard drive crashed because it dose makes a scary clicking nosies???
is there any dos commands i can use to get my windows back???
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

june1103 wrote:
it's a IBM thinkpad i series 1400, 2611 451 and I'm not sure if it was drop or not, But chould have hard drive crashed because it dose makes a scary clicking nosies???
is there any dos commands i can use to get my windows back???

Do you have access to another Windows intallation XP?
Adrian
Contributor
june1103
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you mean..when you say do I have access to another windows installion XP do you mean
do I have another pc with XP on it..if so my other pc dose have Xp on it...
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

june1103 wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean..when you say do I have access to another windows installion XP do you mean
do I have another pc with XP on it..if so my other pc dose have Xp on it...

No, sorry, I meant do you have access to a Winodws XP installation CD ... either Home or Pro will do.
Adrian
Contributor
june1103
0 Kudos

No I don't have any CD Installtoins for Xp or any other windows, are there any other Operating systems that can
be downloded onto a floopy disk, then install on another pc????
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

june1103 wrote:
No I don't have any CD Installtoins for Xp or any other windows, are there any other Operating systems that can
be downloded onto a floopy disk, then install on another pc????

Let me see what I can do ... Microsoft used to have tools that you could download. I'll see if they are still available.
Adrian
Users Online
Currently online: 51 members 296 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: