Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
BookClubEditor
0 Kudos

I, Woz: Computer Games

Read Chapter 14 to learn more about the Apple II. The Apple II introduced the concept of graphics to computing, which allowed a games industry to be born and grow. Did you ever play games on an Apple II? Which ones? If you're still a gamer, what do you think of current games compared to the ones available with the Apple II? Do you feel a sense of nostalgia for the earliest computer games?

Reply to this message to discuss any of these topics. Or start your own new topic by clicking "New Message."

Note: This topic refers to the book as a whole. However, some readers of this thread may not have finished the book. If you are referring to events that occur after Chapter 14, please use "Spoiler Warning" in the subject line of your post. Thanks!

Contributor
macintard
0 Kudos

Re: I, Woz: Computer Games

I gotta admit, I was smitten with computer games when I saw my uncle's Mac classic. I wish I could have afforded one back when I was a youngster. The adventure games really appealed to me. I was especially fond of one where you had to hunt down Dracula at a castle and rescue a damsel in distress. I especially remember having to find a way to kill the werewolf. I never beat it but it was loads of fun. My fam ended up with an old 8088 with two 5 1/4" floppy drives, no hard drive, and I'd play things like Sopwith Camel, Demon's Forge, Flight Sim 1.0, and others. I once in a while used it for homework. Now, I've got a Macbook, and before that I had an iBook, and before that I had various desktops, the most powerful being an Athlon XP gaming machine which is in dire need of upgrading. Looks like since Macs are catching on again, they are making a few more games for them. Just look at the new release of Call of Duty 4 on the Mac platform. There are a lot of games for Mac as can be seen by the demos on http://macgamefiles.com/ -- there are just more on Windows, which doesn't always mean quality but they do have some good ones that aren't on the Mac.
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 643 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: