Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
BookClubEditor
0 Kudos

Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the Technology Book Club!

Reply to this message to introduce yourself to other readers. Let us know what types of books you like the most in this subject, and don't forget to recommend your all-time favorites!

Frequent Contributor
Bulova
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi, my name is Caroline and I very much look forward to this book club also in order to narrow the generation gap and hopefully being able to join into some basic technology conversation. TIA
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

Bulova wrote:
Hi, my name is Caroline and I very much look forward to this book club also in order to narrow the generation gap and hopefully being able to join into some basic technology conversation. TIA

Welcome Caroline!
Adrian
Barnes and Noble Book Club Moderator
Contributor
macintard
0 Kudos

I'm a bit of a geek, and in Macs mostly. I don't know how to program, but I can throw together a Gentoo linux installation and also set up OS X with Fink and Darwinports. I'm a computer networking major and working as helpdesk for a major transportation company.

I'm also co-founder of a linux users group, and into astronomy a little. I like books like Maximum OS X Security and Running Linux. I also like books by Stephen Hawkings and Carl Sagan, as well as Tom Clancy, Michael Crichton, and just surfing the web.
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

macintard wrote:
I'm a bit of a geek, and in Macs mostly. I don't know how to program, but I can throw together a Gentoo linux installation and also set up OS X with Fink and Darwinports. I'm a computer networking major and working as helpdesk for a major transportation company.

I'm also co-founder of a linux users group, and into astronomy a little. I like books like Maximum OS X Security and Running Linux. I also like books by Stephen Hawkings and Carl Sagan, as well as Tom Clancy, Michael Crichton, and just surfing the web.

Welcome! Good to have you here!
Adrian
New User
amccullg
0 Kudos

Hello all, I'm Anna and I am an amateur geek. I work as a graphic designer, I love the graphics arts and typography and I also thoroughly enjoy tinkering on computers in general; I have four (running various Windows OSs from Win98 through XP) systems, including a laptop, and one or the other of 'em is usually in some state of disassembly for this or that tweak.

My taste in tech books generally leans towards the troubleshooting ends (such as the Stephen Bigelow Upgrading and Repairing series) and I love Scott Kelby's Photoshop books; also nearly anything on the history of writing, typography, and types in general.

I love to learn and I'm looking forward to what shows up in this club :smileyhappy:
La
New User
La
0 Kudos

Hey, Guys!

I'm La. : ] I work with the IBM mainframe as an analyst and have previous experience as an Information Management Project Manager. I'd like to make sure I keep on top of technology so, I'm hoping this board will help me with that goal! I'm looking forward to posting!

much love,
la
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

amccullg wrote:
Hello all, I'm Anna and I am an amateur geek. I work as a graphic designer, I love the graphics arts and typography and I also thoroughly enjoy tinkering on computers in general; I have four (running various Windows OSs from Win98 through XP) systems, including a laptop, and one or the other of 'em is usually in some state of disassembly for this or that tweak.

My taste in tech books generally leans towards the troubleshooting ends (such as the Stephen Bigelow Upgrading and Repairing series) and I love Scott Kelby's Photoshop books; also nearly anything on the history of writing, typography, and types in general.

I love to learn and I'm looking forward to what shows up in this club :smileyhappy:

Welcome! Good to have you here!
Adrian
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

La wrote:
Hey, Guys!

I'm La. : ] I work with the IBM mainframe as an analyst and have previous experience as an Information Management Project Manager. I'd like to make sure I keep on top of technology so, I'm hoping this board will help me with that goal! I'm looking forward to posting!

much love,
la

Welcome to the message board - good to have you here!
Adrian
Frequent Contributor
pheath
0 Kudos

Hello, my name is Philip, and I'm a senior manager working in the IT field. I have previous experience doing C++ and OO development. I am currently leading a team of business analysts and Java developers. I'm interested in books relevant to these topics as well as management in the IT world.
-Philip
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

pheath wrote:
Hello, my name is Philip, and I'm a senior manager working in the IT field. I have previous experience doing C++ and OO development. I am currently leading a team of business analysts and Java developers. I'm interested in books relevant to these topics as well as management in the IT world.

Welcome to the bookclub!

What books do you currently have on your bookshelf on thee topics?
Adrian
Contributor
NinjaPirate
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Gary

My favorite books in the tech section are ones about game programming and any narrative on a certain aspect of computing.

One book I recommend is Silence on the Wire by Michal Zalewski. Why? I never say why. I just do. Why? That's just the kind of book recommender I am. =/
¯\(°_o)/¯
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

NinjaPirate wrote:
Hi I'm Gary

My favorite books in the tech section are ones about game programming and any narrative on a certain aspect of computing.

One book I recommend is Silence on the Wire by Michal Zalewski. Why? I never say why. I just do. Why? That's just the kind of book recommender I am. =/

Good to have you here!
Adrian
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 446 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: