Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

Who's buying "tech" gifts over the holidays?

Hi there!

The holidays are fast approaching and tech gifts are once again a popular choice. So what kind of tech gifts are on your wish lists this year?

On my wish list this year is an 8GB iPod nano to replace my aging Creative MuVo TX FM which had 256MB of storage. I've had the MuVo for a few years but my huge interesting in audio books has meant that 256MB just isn't enough space any more. Also on my wish list is an FM transmitter so I can listen to the iPod while on the move and a new set of earphones. I just hope that I've been good enough - I'll let you know if I get them!

So, what's on your wish list?
Adrian
Barnes and Noble Book Club Moderator
Frequent Contributor
Skyler97
0 Kudos

Re: Who's buying "tech" gifts over the holidays?

I'm searching for at least a 2g ipod or mp3 player for my son. I saw a 5g on woot for $80.00 but didn't recognize the manufacturer. I will probably just go with an apple.
Frequent Contributor
Bulova
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a new PC or a Laptop on my wish list having preferably VISTA already installed. As to PC versus Laptop I haven't come to a decision yet what would make more sense (I don't use the laptop for travelling, it's due to a question of space that I decided for a laptop 2 years ago). Further I'd be interesed in a better cell phone as my one was "inherited" and is a bit rattly. My wish list is looong. A MP3 Player in order to download interesting radio discussions would be a nice thing to have too.
Happy Holiday, Caroline

AdrianKH wrote:
Hi there!

The holidays are fast approaching and tech gifts are once again a popular choice. So what kind of tech gifts are on your wish lists this year?

On my wish list this year is an 8GB iPod nano to replace my aging Creative MuVo TX FM which had 256MB of storage. I've had the MuVo for a few years but my huge interesting in audio books has meant that 256MB just isn't enough space any more. Also on my wish list is an FM transmitter so I can listen to the iPod while on the move and a new set of earphones. I just hope that I've been good enough - I'll let you know if I get them!

So, what's on your wish list?

Frequent Contributor
BookJunkie
0 Kudos

My husband and I had the brilliant idea to buy web cams for our parents for christmas. (We're having a baby in May.) The problem is, we really don't know the first thing about them. Is there one kind that's well-known, and better than all the rest? Or are they all basically the same? What should I look for when buying these things?

Happy Holidays, everyone!
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

Hey, it's better to have a long wish list rather than one that is too short!

Hope your wishes are made true!
Adrian
Frequent Contributor
AdrianKH
0 Kudos

BookJunkie wrote:
My husband and I had the brilliant idea to buy web cams for our parents for christmas. (We're having a baby in May.) The problem is, we really don't know the first thing about them. Is there one kind that's well-known, and better than all the rest? Or are they all basically the same? What should I look for when buying these things?

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Excellent idea!

What you need to know is if your parents have USB 2.0 ports on their PC (if it's less than 3 years old, then it's bound to have one).. Beyond that, most webcams are much the same. The higher the price, the better the quality.

Hope this helps and Happy Holidays!
Adrian
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 258 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: