Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Re: A Band Geek Story, Needs Opinions :)

Write more pweaze?
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

(Found out last night at like 9:30 that they cancelled school for today.) 

Eve, Anna, Zach and Ibegan to walk into the school from the parking lot. If you looked at CathburyMemorial you wouldn’t see much. It’s one of those old high schools that were renovatedto look new. It was built in the early 1900s and isn’t large at all. Well that’sjust the main part of the high school or the old side, the new side is a wholedifferent story. Its state of the art since it was built only a year before myfreshman, and it is about 3 stories high. It actually holds the band room andthe pool. Yah we have a pool. Which you would say is unusual for some schoolsaround us. Most of them just use the public indoor pools. But anyway the Bandroom is huge I mean. When it was built they built in huge storage closets foreach type of instrument and for our uniforms. There’s even changing rooms for thegirls and guys and showers for the marching band. But also private practicerooms and a recording studio, because of this you would think because of thatCathbury was one of those rich schools but were really not. We hold the academyof music for the counties vocational school at Cathbury which means we got ahuge grant from the government and the county for the new band room andrecording studio. They just used some of the money for other things like thepool and classrooms.

“So are you going to theparty tonight Jade?” Figures Zach would ask that.

“I guess. Whose house isit at again?” I asked forgetting.

“Ben Rees’.” Eve stated,the same time as Anna.

“Maybe I don’t know. Ihave to work tomorrow morning.” I said aggravated almost. Ben Rees or Benjaminwas one of the popular kids because of the money his family possesses. He livedin this huge mansion a couple road’s over from mine. And was just a jerk. Iknow this because we used to be friends before middle school. You could say wewere those two kids that were best friends till third grade and then pubertystarts to hit and well you just separate. And anyway I was forced to work withhim too. We never talked at work unless he needed me to cover a table at thenit was only like two or three words at a time. And no thank you either.

“You should go.” Zach saidnudging me with his elbow getting me out of my dream world.

“I said maybe. It alldepends on my parents.” I didn’t know if they will be fighting tonight or not.And my life all depended on that. My parents fight, a lot. Ever since theaccident with Eve -who they don’t like anymore- they’ve been fighting nonstop.Sometimes even getting me or Clark involved. For the past week though they’vebeen good, they haven’t fought. Meaning that there’s either something happeningin the relationship. Or they are getting ready to fight again, just simmeringwith anger that’s going to over flow any minute.

© Madeline A. Hanise 2009  

Message Edited by musicangirl on 03-03-2009 11:40 AM
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

More!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
musicangirl
0 Kudos

“You should really come, Jade. It’s going tobe fun and we can make fun of all those loser drunks.” Anna said with a grin.

“Anna?” I practicallyscreamed. “You’re going? Seriously.”

“I figured why not I can’tstay in my perfect little life my whole life.”  She said with a laugh. By this time we hadmade it back into the band room. I went into the woodwind storage area andfound my case. With Anna and Zach right behind me, Eve of coarse had broken offfrom our group to go put her snare away.

“I’ll go, I guess, just tosee Anna at a party.” I laughed.

“Hey it’s not funny. Plusmy mom said I needed to get a life outside of my books.” Me and Zach started laughingat this thought. “It’s not funny!” She said screaming and laughing at the sametime.

I was done packing up myclarinet. “Do you need a ride home Zach?” I asked because his car that he wasbuilding still wasn’t done.

“Sure.” Zach saidagreeing. Of course he would want the rise instead of walking home. Zach onlylived a half a block from school, which forced him to walk to school everymorning and from if I or Eve didn’t give him a ride.

“Can I get a ride too?”Anna asked. Her parents wouldn’t let her get her license till she graduatedwhich also met that Eve or I would drive her whenever she needed to getsomewhere.

“Duh,” I said jokingaround with her. “Does Eve need a ride to?” Seeing her come into the closet outof the corner of my eye.

“Yup, Doug took my car towork.” Doug was Eve’s twin brother who worked at a Café on Main Street. Hewould give us coffee or in my case green tea, for free whenever we wanted. Thedown side though was that they had to share their car.

We started out the dooronce everyone was done packing up. I unlocked my car, which was parked outsideof the band room. It was luck that I got this spot today, it saved us the longwalk to the football field parking lot, where I usually park. My car was mybaby, or otherwise known as Charley. It was a sixteenth birthday present from mygrandparents. The car if you’re wondering is an antique, a 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible,painted in a night black shade which made Charley just stand out. Charley wasrefinished by my grandfather, with a new customized motor and a new stereosystem that looked ancient but actually was compatible with CDs.

(I want to know if I'm getting too descriptive. Btw I love 1960s mustangs especially the 1965 and 1969 models.)

~Mg

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Your doing great! And NO it's not too descriptive! Ha ha!

P.S. I love those cars! Here is my fav! A 1967 Chevy Impala

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589609      Go down! There are lots of pictures! He he he!

Wordsmith
AliceTP
0 Kudos

Its good!

Sometimes i want to scream,
Other times i want to be happy,
Then i just want to be with you.
musicangirl
0 Kudos

lol i've always had an obsession with old mustangs and the old beattles (SP) like herbbie. :smileyhappy:

Thanks Alice. 

~Mg

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I've never really been into cars but it was love at first sight when I saw that 1967 Chevy Impala! Ha!
musicangirl
0 Kudos

Okay here's some more:

Anna called shot gun whileZach and Eve hopped in the back. When I got in I put the top down. It was anice sunny day outside and the perfect day to ride with the top down. I alsoplugged my iPod in and hit shuffle. “Ready?” I screamed over the music of RATblasting from the stereo.

Anna leaned over andturned the volume down just a bit. “Yah,” All three of them said. I put the carinto reverse and slowly backed out of my parking spot. The whole way to Anna’shouse we were singing along to bands and musicians, like RAT, U2, Linkin Park andyes of coarse Taylor Swift. Why not, she was the ultimate best musician, eventhough half of her songs were made about breakups.

“So when’s Finn gettingback from California?” Eve dissolutely asked between singing along to ‘TearDrops on His Guitar’.

“Sunday afternoon.” I saidhappy because that means we could hang out afterschool on Monday, before bandpractice. I forgot to mention before that Finn’s in California at his secondcousin’s wedding for the week. And that I’m really starting to miss him. Buthe’s called twice so that makes it better. Though he promised to call me everynight, I don’t blame him he’s been busy, with this whole wedding thing, sincehe’s like the best man or something. Which is weird because it’s his secondcousin’s wedding, but I guess they’re just that close. Or his cousin has about10 best men and Finn’s just one of them.

By the time we hadfinished singing to about another two songs I pulled into Zach’s driveway. Hehopped over the side of the car. “Thanks for the ride. See you at the partytonight.”

“Wait,” Anna screamed, butblushed at the same time. “Do you need a ride? To the party I mean.”

“I’m probably just goingto take my mom’s car. I’ll call one of you if I do though.” Zach said blushingalso, as he walked up the sidewalk to his front door. I gave Anna a look. I hada feeling something was up between those too.

(How did you like it)

~Mg

Correspondent
molie111
0 Kudos

write more please !

lol

i like it

:smileyvery-happy: