Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

A Frustrating event in a book of your choice

Just name a death or a hardship of one of your favorite characters. I have several like when Mags, Finnick, rebels and Prim all died in the Hunger Games series. Pick a character from any of your favorite books and name there hardships or death. 

Inspired Correspondent
adm912

Re: A Frustrating event in a book of your choice

Maybe next time you post something like this you should put a spoiler alert..I know many people haven't read The Hunger Games yet... :smileyhappy:

One of my biggest frustrating moments is towards the end of The Maze Runner when a death of a character seriously shocked me..

Distinguished Correspondent
bobbles918
0 Kudos

My most recent frustration is from the Vampire Academy series.  A major event happens at the end of Shadow Kiss (the 3rd book) & continues to be a major thing for the remainder of the series.  For me it was just sad & I loved the first 2 book so much but the last 3 were just kind of depressing-still really love the series though

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

I'm sorry adm912, I guess it didn't cross my mind when I was making this thread.

Contributor
Wistful_Writer

DITTO! The Hunger Games were going great, untill Mockingjay! Epes. the ending!
Spolier*
Everything was horrid I thought. I totally agree with you! Also personally I hated that she ended up with Peeta. even more that peeta was all derranged at first and depressed. Then katniss was alseep for some of the major key points in the books. Compared to the former two books in the series it was very dissapointing!  

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob

NOTE: SPOILERS!

Harry Potter:

Why did Gobby and Fred have to die?! Depressing, much?

Hunger Games:

Peeta lived AND got Katniss. Bleh. I kind of hate 'em.

P.S. Why is it with what seems like every Teen/YA book, the girl can't choose between her best friend who she's known forever and a strange, "mysterious", magical vampire/angel/demon/werewolf/faerie/House Elf, that she's only known for three days? And the girl ALWAYS picks the guy she's only known for a few days. Can someone explain this to me?!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103