Inspired Scribe
djaq

AGATB is being turned into a movie!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0833962/

imdb says a great and terrible beauty is being made into a movie!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

if u could pick the cast, who would you want in the movie?!?!!

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger

Re: AGATB is being turned into a movie!

ok i'm not going to lie i'm really nervous for this to come out b/c it will either be really awesome or really bad.
"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

true, so im hoping it will be really good!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

it was a brilliant book, so im only hoping that enough of what made the book so amazing will remain in tthe film!

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I think it will be VERY hard to find a Kartik! Like, seriously! A guy from India came to my school and he looks absolutely nothing like any of the actors in Hollywood! I just remembered one actor, but he's not that good. Here's a picture. http://c1.acimages.myspacecdn.com/images01/48/m_88241803238c4f9da5a47b369261dbb8.jpg

He's on Degrassi.

As for Gemma. Maybe Emma Stone?

http://images.askmen.com/photos/emma-stone/84056.jpg

Felicity? http://www.flickr.com/photos/8844186@N07/2277343905/ Or http://img.listal.com/image/461789/600full-amanda-seyfried.jpg

Pippa? http://www.etapetki.com.pl/galleries/znane/B/Emily_Browning/Emily_Browning_j4.JPG

Can't think of anyone for Ann. Any other suggestions?

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Yeah, I agree with V-Sponge. Kartik IS going to be hard to cast. I can't wait for this movie to come out, but I'm afraid they'll ruin it! (Hollywood has a habit of doing that, lol). I think Kristen Dunce would play a GREAT Gemma. She's a little old, of course, but she's a great actress.

As for Felicity I do agree with Blake Lively. She played a great Bridget in the Travelling Pants movies, and she has the look, I think...

Pippa? She's gonna be hard. 'Cause Pippa needs to be drop-dead gorgeous AND have good acting. Hopefully they won't screw up with her like they did with Edward in the Twilight films, 'cause he looks disgusting and I'd rate his acting at about a negative-five stars.

And Ann? Hmmm...I really don't know. I'm not exactly up-to-date with pop culture, so if you asked me to name five actors and actresses off the top of my head, I'd maybe be able to think of three xD Just as long as they don't ruin Ann's character, I'll be okay with whoever they pick...if they can act.

"Your dream vacation, smile hostage refuge, a work in progress, you bleed just like you puke while running the mile."

-Pretty Handsome Awkward, The Used
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

Kartik will definately be the most difficult to cast! And Ann and Pippa are like my favorite, so I just hope that whoever gets the part will be aboe to portray them as they are in the book! Kristen Dunce would be a good Gemma, if she were younger! :smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Alright, I am naming as many actresses in between 17-22 for the girls. A lot of them are beautiful, but who knows what Hollywood could do(for Ann). Tell me if you like any of them.

http://www.narniafans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/anna-popplewell.jpg

That's all I can think of. Any others?

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

emma watson could be really great in this movie!

and karen gillian

and emma stone

and Saoirse Ronan [cool name] but i think she would make a perfect ann!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

so yeah, those 4 could be gemma, pippa, ann, or felicity!!

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Oh, yeah...Emma Watson would play a GREAT Felicity or even Gemma (she just needs to get her hair dyed red xD). I know this a bit off topic, but Emma should totally have played Bella in Twilight. Kristen Stewart's acting is awful...

"Your dream vacation, smile hostage refuge, a work in progress, you bleed just like you puke while running the mile."

-Pretty Handsome Awkward, The Used
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

yeah im not a twilight fan, but emma would have been a much better bella than kristen is!

ok so emma watson should play gemma, and dye her hair red!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: lol

"We could do pizza."
Frequent Contributor
Parisgirl14
0 Kudos

I am so excited for this movie. I just hope it does not suck like so many other of the movies based on books.
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

OMG!  I heard only rumors!  Awesome man.  I think Karen would be  GREAT Gemma.  Plus I love her on Castle!  :smileyvery-happy:  They BETTER not white wash Kartik!  I will be pissed! 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I really can't see Emma Watson as Gemma or Felicity. I could see her more as Ann. But that's just me. Karen would be my favorite for Gemma, then Emma Stone.
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

For some reason I really see Ellen Page as Ann..... don't know why. Lol.  Or the girl from napolean dynamite. Lol.
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

This is way off subject, but wouldn't Emma Stone make a perfect Foxface in The Hunger Games? I think she would be fantastic.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
New User
chely_ellison
0 Kudos

The last thing I heard about the movie was that Mel Gibson bought the movie rights and every movie that he has ever done has been amazingly accurate. If he doesn't do it justice I will be very dissappointed in him.

Frequent Contributor
Himeko
0 Kudos

I've never read the book..

Is it good?

What's it about?

"Defying my will" is not a crime worthy of life in Azkaban and I should not tell that to the first years.

"In all of your acts, self-interest shall be cast away. Look and listen for the welfare of the whole people, and have always in view...the unborn of the future Nation" - The 13 Laws of the Great Peace
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

MEKO!   Are you kidding me?!  Look it up right now!  (cuz I'm too lazy to explain)

Frequent Contributor
twilightandgemmafan
0 Kudos

I really hate to disappoint everyone, because I'm as excited for this movie as the next person, but as of now, the movie isn't happening. Libba Bray wrote in her Live Journal about a month back saying that the company dropped the rights for the movie, and it's not happening. Libba said that she doesn't have much say in the movie, and that it could come out it 10 years, or some other company could pick it up and put it out in one. It could even never come out (I hope not!) It's all chance. It's sad, this is such a great series, but we can only hope that another company will pick it up soon, because this book has the potential to be one amazing movie <3

"We're like pretty horses, and just as on horses, they mean to put blinders on us so we can't look left or right but only straight ahead where they would lead.
Please, please, please, Gemma, let's not die inside before we have to."
-The Sweet Far Thing
Frequent Contributor
Himeko
0 Kudos

Kyleigh wrote:

MEKO!   Are you kidding me?!  Look it up right now!  (cuz I'm too lazy to explain)

Ah, sorry. But I'll make it up to you.

I'm going to B&N today with my grandmother. I'll buy the first book of the series then

=)

"Defying my will" is not a crime worthy of life in Azkaban and I should not tell that to the first years.

"In all of your acts, self-interest shall be cast away. Look and listen for the welfare of the whole people, and have always in view...the unborn of the future Nation" - The 13 Laws of the Great Peace