Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
purple_monkey

Re: Add-On Story!!!

Jenna woke up the next morning thinking about everything that had happened since she arrived. She thought about how her relationship with her dad was blossoming. She thought about Adam and how she felt about him. She was thinking about how this could possibly be real. Everything in her life had never worked out in her favor before. Things like that only happened in movies and in dreams. She had had thoughts about what she wanted out of life, but never expected any of them to come true. Then she thought about the mansion. She knew that she couldn't leave until she figured out the mystery behind that place. Then Jenna thought about the promise she made to her father. In order to figure it out she would have to go behind her father's back. Jenna didn't like the fact that she would have to lie to anybody. Especially her dad. She decided to call Adam to see if he could help her. There was no answer. She called two more times and he still didn't pick up. He usually picked up. Jenna thought it was weird that he didn't answer. He didn't say anything about being busy today or that he couldn't hang out with her. Jenna got dressed, ate some breakfast, and hoping to find some answers she went to the mansion.

purple_monkey

Jenna took the same route that she and Adam took. It was so cold that her fingers felt numb and lifeless. There were no animals and hardly any people out that day. This did not stop Jenna from going to the mysterious mansion. To her, something seemed eerie or out of place in the town. She turned the corner to and to her dismay she saw a man sitting on the curb. He was bent over and was breathing very hard. His clothes were torn and stained with blood in various places. When Jenna got closer she realized the man was Adam. Screaming his name, she ran to him. She knelt down and said, "Adam, Adam. Look at me. Adam, look at me." He slowly looked up at her. He had a scratch on his face that went from his forehead to his jaw. She said, "Oh Adam. What happened to you? Never mind. We need to get you cleaned up. Come on. Put your arm around me." Adam had little to no strength to get up. Jenna lifted him up and they walked back to her house. She helped him up the steps and into her house. She sat him down on the couch, got a wash cloth, and a bowl of water. Feeling awkward, Jenna unbuttoned his shirt to reveal his wounds. Adam watched as she gently cleaned the wounds. No one had cared for him like Jenna was doing. After Jenna finished she got a blanket because he was probably still cold from being outside for who knows how long. She said, "Lie down. You need to rest." He did not argue because he was so weak. He watched her the whole time. She covered him with the blanket and started to walk away. He grabbed her hand and Jenna immediately stopped and looked over at him. She kneeled and they shared the most intimately, pure kiss. There was enough room on the couch for her to lie down next to him. Jenna put her head down on his chest and heard his heartbeat. It sounded like a beautiful song that was specially made for her to hear. Adam put his arm around her and they both fell asleep.

Contributor
chironex-fleckeri

Wow, this story isn't going like I thought it was going to, it's really good though! Definitely keep writing please.. :smileyhappy:
"Experience is a brutal teacher. But you learn, my God do you learn." C.S. Lewis
Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind

This is good.

Silent love....:smileyembarrassed:

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
are you going to do the right or the wrong?"
~me
purple_monkey

Jenna woke up two hours later thinking about everything that had just happened. It was all so surreal. She never thought a guy like Adam existed. All of the boys she had met before were either self-absorbed, rude, or had a big ego. Sometimes all of the above. By her standards, Adam was a perfect gentleman. Jenna lost her train of thought when Adam stirred. She looked up at his face to see that he was also looking at her. In a groggy voice he said, "Hey there. Sleep well?" Jenna smiled and said, "Yeah I did. How about you?" He answered, "Yeah, I feel so much better. I'm glad you found me." Jenna sat up and he did the same. He sat up as though he had never been injured. Jenna looked over at him and noticed that all of the scratches, gashes, and bruises were gone. Adam saw her confusion and said, "Wow. Would ya look at that. I'm healed. Are you sure that you're not some award winning doctor or something like that?" Jenna was still very confused because she had never seen something like that before. She said, "Umm... Yeah, I am certainly not a doctor. That's just so weird! Usually wounds like that take a few weeks to heal." Adam was looking for his shirt and he said, "Yeah. So weird. I guess it's maybe one of nature's miracles." Jenna wanted to ask him what happened and how he got wounded in the first place, but he acted like he was in hurry to go somewhere. Before she could ask him he said, "Would you look at the time? I have to get home to...umm... to do the dishes. Yeah, I told my mom that I would do them before she got home." Why was he acting so weird. Jenna had never seen him act like this before. Adam gave Jenna a hug and kissed her on the cheek. He said, "I'm sorry, but I have to go. I'll call you." He was out the door before Jenna could say anything back.

purple_monkey

Jenna was dumbfounded by what had just happened. She sat down on the couch with her chin in her hand, trying to figure out the mystery of why Adam had been so injured before to being completely healed. She heard a car door close and knew her dad was home. Maybe he could help her figure this out. He came in and they said their hellos. He said, "Sorry, I would have been home earlier but we had a big investigation that we still have not finished." Jenna looked up at her dad with one eyebrow raised. She said, "Oh really. That is interesting." He was taking his shoes off and getting comfortable when he said, "Oh yeah. It has been a real head scratcher. They got a report late last night about a disturbance over by that mansion. They thought it was just some kids being stupid, so they didn't call me in. Well when one of the officers got there... He called for backup because the place was a mess. The officer said there were bloodstains, tree limbs were on the ground, a mailbox was damaged, and a stop sign was lying on the ground. I went over there this morning to check it out myself and it looked like a small tornado had come through there." Jenna couldn't believe what she was hearing. She said, "Wow. Did they see who it was?" He said, "No. By the time the officer got to the scene, no one was there." Jenna was very intrigued by what he had told her. She began to wonder if what he said had anything to do with Adam. She was very hesitant to say anything about finding Adam in the condition he was in because if Adam was involved in what had happened last night then she didn't want to be the one to get him into trouble. She wanted to protect Adam but she also wanted to do the right thing.

Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind

This is getting really good.

All I can think about is: What's going to happen next???

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
~me
purple_monkey
0 Kudos

I'm very glad that you like it!

purple_monkey

"So, how was your day?", her dad asked. She was deep in thought about Adam and didn't hear her father's question. He said, "Jenna." She pushed the thoughts aside and looked up at her dad. "What?" He smiled and said, "I asked you how your day was." She replied, "Oh, sorry. Umm... my day... it was good." He said, "Yeah? What did you do?" She was trying to think of something to cover up what she actually encountered that day. She said, "Well, I decided to stay here today. Ya know, just relax and watch some T.V." He sat down opposite the couch she was sitting on. He said, "Hmm. I thought you would have been with that new friend of yours. What's his name again? Landon? Alex? Allen?" She interrupted, "Adam. His name is Adam and uh... he was busy today." He said, "Oh. To bad." She said, "Yeah. Well, I'm gonna go to bed. Good night dad. I love you." It felt good to hear her say that. He smiled and said, "I love you, too." She went to her room, thinking about how she lied to her dad to protect Adam. It made her feel guilty and ate up inside. Jenna was sure that there was a connection between Adam and the events of last night, but she wasn't sure how. She had to figure it out. She dug out her laptop and started searching for answers. She typed in "healing powers" because that was the most confusing part of what happened that day. Jenna was awake for hours looking at natural remedies, mythical creatures, greek gods, and magic. She still didn't have any answers, but one of the greek gods looked close. Jenna was nodding off and her eyes were tired. She gave up for the night thinking that there was no way he was a god. That was crazy.

purple_monkey

Jenna woke up seeing the blank screen of her laptop staring back at her. She wanted to go back to sleep after her confusing, long, night of weirdness. She couldn't do that though because of her determination to find out what really happened yesterday. Jenna started making a mental list of steps to figure out this mystery. Step 1: Take a shower and brush teeth. Her breath had an extremely bad odor. It was like a combination of onions and some really bad cheese. Jenna thought to herself, "Hmm. I don't remember having anything with onions or cheese. Weird." Step 2: Call Adam. She grabbed her cell phone and the number he gave her the day they met. It rang a few times and then went to voicemail. Strange. He said that he would call her, but that doesn't mean that she couldn't call him. Right? She tried calling him again and, like the first, it went to voicemail. Jenna left a message saying, "Hey, it's Jenna. Yesterday was interesting and strange. Call me, if you get this." Step 3: .....Uncertain. She thought maybe going to the mansion would help. It certainly wouldn't hurt, hopefully. As soon as she stepped out of the house, it looked like a Black Friday sale at the mall. People were everywhere. They looked scared. She walked to the street and saw a man walking past her with a worried look on his face. He actually looked more sane than the other people did. She said, "Excuse me! Sir, what happened? Why does everyone look so jittery and panicky?" He took a step toward her and said, "You don't know what happened?" Jenna shook her head. "Well, the other night there was a disturbance over at that mansion." She said, "Yeah I know about that, but how could that cause everyone to act like this?" He said, "Last night made everything worse. Someone tried to set the mansion on fire. In a town like this where the worst that can happen is someone getting a speeding ticket, something like last night and the night before can turn this place completely upside down." Jenna couldn't believe what she was hearing. The stranger said, "My advice to you young lady is stay home and stay safe."

Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind

Oooooo..... 

Very suspenseful!

I want to know what's next!!:smileywink:

― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
~me
Correspondent
pupdog96

This is really good!!!! :smileyhappy:

“Instead of wishing you were someone else, be proud of who you are. You never know who has been looking at you wishing they were you.”
~unknown
purple_monkey

What the man said made Jenna a little uncomfortable. She did as the stranger suggested and went back inside. Jenna was also worried for her dad. He was the sherriff of the town, but from what the man said, this could be really bad. She spent the remainder of the day in the safety of the house. As the hours passed, Jenna became more and more worried. She turned on the T.V. to try and get her mind off things, but the news was on and they were talking about the mysterious events that were going on. It showed many interviews of witnesses that all had different stories. Jenna turned the T.V. off and turned on the stereo for some music, but instead got more news. She turned it off and went to the kitchen for some comfort food. She found some microwave popcorn and thought about how her dad should've have been home by now. She tried to calm herself down, when she heard something that made her even more scared. Jenna grabbed one of her dad's chef knives for protection, and looked around the corner. She saw the knob on the door turning, the door opened, and it was her dad. She dropped the knife, went running to her dad, and said, "Oh, thank God! You're home. I was so worried." 

purple_monkey

Her dad was a little confused so he said, "Okay. I'll play along." Jenna smiled and released her dad from her intense hug. She said, "Dad, I was just afraid that something had happened to you. I heard that things were getting worse and I got worried. Are you okay?" He took off his coat and shoes and sat on the couch with Jenna sitting next to him. He made a huge disatisfying sigh and said, "We still have not found any answers. It just doesn't make sense. I would've hoped to have found the criminals by now. This isn't what I pictured our time together to be like. I'm sorry Jenna." She said, "Daddy, when I came here, I thought that this time here with you was going to be the most terrible, boring days of my life. But, instead I got the most amazing thing ever. I got a relationship with my dad. I got the most amazing time of my life, and this adventure isn't over yet. Because of this time together, we're going to have more good times." He was smiling as a tear came rolling down his face. He gave her a hug that was bigger than the one she had given him just a few minutes earlier. He said, "I love you Jenna." She replied, "I love you too dad. But, I think I would love you more if you could let go because I can't breathe." He laughed and said, "Oh, sorry." After her dad let her go, Jenna heard her cell phone ringing in her room. She looked at her room and then back at her dad. He gave her a nod of approval to go answer it. She went to her room and grabbed her cell phone from her bed. The caller ID said Adam. She answered it as soon as she saw his name. She said, "Adam?" He said, "Hey Jenna. How are you?" It was good to hear his voice. She replied, "Oh I'm doing okay." Adam, surprised, asked, "Really?" She said, "No. How do you think I'm doing?!? I'm freaking out! I find you sitting on a curb with bruises, scrapes, cuts, and gashes and then you kiss me, somehow all your wounds are healed, and then you leave. Things are turning this town upside down and I'm worried sick that you might be involved." He didn't like that she was upset. He said, "I know and I'm sorry. Everything will be okay. If you'll meet me at the book store tomorrow, then I will try to straighten things out." Jenna trusted what he said was true and she agreed. Adam said, "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow. Good night Jenna." She said good night and then hung up.

Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind

Maybe I'm annoying..

But this is soooo good!!

This is like reading a real book..

Except we have to wait for the next part... I'm so impatient...:smileyfrustrated:

― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
~me
purple_monkey

I don't think your'e annoying. I like seeing comments on how I'm doing and if people like it. It's nice to know that people like what I'm writing. It's awesome that you think that it's like reading a real book when this whole story is coming from my own mind. Yippee!!! I was afraid that it wouldn't be good at all. :smileylol:

purple_monkey

Unable to go to sleep, Jenna decided to browse the internet for some more possible answers to this perplexing mystery. She did research on the town, legends, myths, and everything that might lead her to a clue or an answer that could calm her mind. She unfortunately found nothing. Seeing that it was 2 a.m., Jenna shut down her laptop and tried to get some sleep. She had a dream about Adam. It was Spring and they were swimming in a lake. Then, they were sitting on a blanket, with a towel wrapped around their shoulders, and watching the sunset. Adam asked, "Jenna, do you wanna know a secret?" She said, "Sure." A few seconds went by and he said, "I love you." Jenna smiled and said, "You do?" Adam nodded and kissed her. Then, the scenery changed. Adam was alone in a library in the mansion and he looked angry. He threw a vase across the room and was tearing pages out of books as if he was looking for something, but couldn't find it. While running his fingers through his crazy, wild hair, he was pacing back and forth across the room. Adam went over to one of the walls, and rested both his head and fists on the wall. Suddenly, Jenna's dream was interrupted by the alarm on her cell phone.

Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind
0 Kudos

Oh good... okay..

At least I'm not annoying(wipes brow):smileyhappy:

This is real great!!!

Wonder who Adam really is...:smileyfrustrated:

― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
~me
purple_monkey

While brushing her teeth, Jenna thought about her weird dream. The beginning of the dream was nice, but the last half of it was just the opposite. What was he looking for? Why was he so angry? She had never seen him like that before, but it was just a dream. Anything can happen in a dream. So, she had nothing to worry about. Jenna dismissed the thought and headed out the door. That day seemed to be better than the past few days. The sun was out, which lifted her spirits a little bit. The town seemed a bit more peaceful than the last few days. She could tell that things were not completely restored to their normal state of being, but it was nice to see that things were not getting worse. Besides, how much more worse could they get? When she got to the coffee shop/book store, Jenna could see Adam sitting at the same table where they had met. He looked a little anxious and nervous, which in turn made her nervous. Before going inside, Jenna took a deep breath and tried to think good, positive thoughts. She went inside and walked over to Adam. When Adam saw her, he stood up and gave her a hug. He said, "Hey Jenna. Have a seat." She did and there was a small moment of awkward silence, so she said, "What's up? What did you want to talk about?" He sighed and said, "You know I like you right?" She nodded. "And you like me too, right?" Again, Jenna nodded. Adam continued, "So, do you trust me?" Jenna said, "Of course, I trust you. Adam what's going on?" He said, "Well, you know that stuff that's been happening? I was involved." Jenna's worst fear had become a reality.

Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind

Finally, Adam's true identity is revealed, at least a bit of it..:smileyhappy:

Can't wait to know more about this guy!!

― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
~me