Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

Re: Add on story...

ugh, i'd add on but i have to finish my homework...!

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

I aprinted down the long corridor, until I reached the very last door: Conley's Room. Filled with rage and fear, I smashed open the door, and let my self in.

The room was empty.

Tears welled inside my eyes. If Conley was not here, was he with Ren? Was he going to bring me to him? Would Conlry actually turn me in? But it was just a dream!I cried to my self. Trayton rested his arm on my shoulder, and gently tunred my body towards him. He gave me an encouraging smile, and soflty brushed a tear off my cheek.

"Let me handle him," Tray whispered. "I'll get him..." He held me agaist him, I liked the warmth. The heat of anotheres body, pressed against mine. He leaned closer, and kissed me.

Passionatley, fiercly.

I never wanted to leave him.

"We could do pizza."
Correspondent
dorkybookworm3

While we were walking back to Trayton's  place it began to pour. Trayton produced an umbrella from some where inside his coat. We were nearly to our destination when I saw a small, ummoving form laying twisted in a gutter. I walked over to investagate, Trayton hovering protectivly at my  shoulder. When we reached the for I saw I was a young dog, just a puppy really. It didn't look like it was a day over 2 months. I pick the sodden animal and checked for a heart beat. After a couple seconds of tense waiting I detected a faint fluttening in it's chest. Pity engulfed me.

"Oh no, uhuh. I know what you're think and we are NOT  taking that fur ball back with us." Trayton said. I ignored him and looked down at the poor thing huddled in my arms. I continued onward, Trayton trailing after me with a muttering of curses. I may have lost a friend tonight, but I also gained one.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

((YAY!! Someone added on!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:))

The dog sighed, and burried his nose deeper into my side. I stroked his pale fur, and did my best to dry him. Then, I walked into Trayton's house, took off my jacket, then headed into a wash room where a freash stack of warm towels had been placed. I took one off the rack and wrapped it around my fuzzy friend, who nuzzeled my cheek in appretiation.

"Who are you, hun?" I cooed softly into the face fo the little creature. "Hmmn? Who are you?" The puppy simple fell to sleep.

The front screen door slamed, and Tray walked in, sheading his jacket and taking off his dreanched boots. Then, the door across the hall creeked open, and Yaffa stepped out and approachedd Tray, whispered something hurriedly than left. Tray turned to face me, took a deep breathe than stepped towards me.

"Jo?" he asked.

"Erm, yeah?"

"I need you to, come with me and Yaffa," he said.

Panicked I replyed: "What for Trayton, we only just got here?" He took a deep sigh.

"I understand Joanna. But you must look at it this way, Conley must have betrayed us to Ren and his men, so it will not be safe to remain in the same place for very long." I noticed the tenision in his cool voice, and he must have sensed the fear in mine. "You need to start your training. This is incredibly important, Jo, and we need you to see that. If we wait much longer for your lessons to begin, it will give Ren more time to... well do whatever it is he is trying to do." Trayton pleaded.

"I know," I answered. "Ren is capable of... lots..." I finished lamley. But Tray nodded.

"We need you to leave tonight."

Tonight? I mused. Why did it seem like I would be going alone? Was Tray not coming with me??

"We will we leave?" I asked.

"I must stay behind," he hung his head low.

"We could do pizza."
Contributor
BballLover04
0 Kudos

WOW! i've so far only read up to the 3rd paragraph of the story and it's absolutelyy amazing!! u guys r reallyyyyyy good writers! keep up the good work! =)
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

"But, why?" It was the only logical question i could think of? Why? Trayton grabbed my head, and held me close.

"I'm not letting Ren get you," he breathed. "Never..."

Yaffa entered the room, awkwardly.

"Erm, guys? I hate to break this up but-" Tray and I let go of each other instantly.

"Oho right," said Trayton. "Yeah, um Jo. I guess you better be off soon. Ya know..." I nodded.

"Right," I answered. I gazed down at my little puppy. "What about him? Will he be able to come- or does he stay?" Yaffa obsereved the puppy thoughtfully.

"I will tend to him," she relpied. "It may not be safe for him at the training."

[sorry it is sort of short.... :smileytongue:]

"We could do pizza."
Correspondent
dorkybookworm3

I packed hurredly, the whole time trying to decide whether i was more relunchtant to leave the unnamed puppy behind or Trayton.  i still dont know the answer. as soon as i was done packing i was hustled out the door and into a car. i must have fallen asleep, because when i opened my eyes i saw a huge gate looming up infront of the car. we were surrounded by forest. the gate swung open and we started up a winding drive.when the house came into view i gasped.it was huge! we came to a stop a few feet from the steps to the porch. a young man opened the door and stared out at us. he decended the steps and grabbed what little luggage i had. at the door Yaffa kissed my forhead and told me she had to leave now. i honestly almost burst into tears. the young man, Stephan, led me into the house. "welcome to your new home/school." he said. "come on i'll take you on the tour." i nodded silently, feeling awed and kinda empty. "i understand if your a little ummm... amazed at our mansoin. its been in the family for forever." he led me to my room. "actaually, you look worn out. how about we do the tour tomorrow." i smiled. "that would be great, thanks." he left me, placing my one bag on the bed. i opened the bag to get out a tooth brush and pjs and touch something soft and warm instead. i jumped back with a yelp. out of the bag popped a formiler fuzzy head. the unnamed puppy had somehow snuck into my bag. i stared at it then burst out laughing. i sat on the bed and scratched its chin. "your a troublesome little guy,  or excuess me,  girl aren't you?" i got ready for bed and slipped under the covers with the pup, for the first time in hours feeling safe.
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

((lol. that was so cute with the puppy...!! :smileyhappy:))

I awoke early the next morning to the intoxicating scents of eggs and pancakes wafting through my new bedroom. The pup was curled up next to my head, still sound asleep. I pulled the blankets off me, slide onto the cool wooden floor, and slipped into a pair of jeans and a tshirt.

A loud knock beat against the door, startling me.

"Er, hello?" I whispered.

"Jo? Hey, open up!" A heavy weight was immediatly lifted off my chest. It was Odelia! Instantly, I flung the door open.

It wasn't Odelia standing there.

It was Connely.

((dun dun DUN! lol :smileywink:))

"We could do pizza."
Correspondent
dorkybookworm3

((thanks. I just couldn't leave the dog behind. :smileyhappy: )) I stood there, gaping. Then I screamed and slammed the door. Connley bangged on the door. "Open up Jo! I won't hurt you, I just want to talk. Please." By the end of his little spech I had locked the door and baracaded it with the dresser. On the otherside of the door I heard running foot steps. Stephan. Connley's pounding became more frantic, then stopped all toghether. I heard a short scuffle, then Stephan called out. "It's all right now. You can come out know." I slid the dresser out of the way and tentitvly cracked open the door. Stephan had Connley pinned on the floor and was looking at me with concern. "Are you all right? Did he hurt you?" I silently shook my head, gazing at the still figure on the floor. "Is he dead?" my voice sounded so small, and it broke on the word dead. Stephan smiled and got up from the floor. "No, but he'll have a killer headache when he wakes up." He looked closer at me. "You look kinda sick, are you sure your ok?"I nodded again. "Well, go back to bed any way. You've got a big day tommorrow. I'll take this guy down to the dungen for interagation and holding. Sweet dreams." HE bent and picked up the body on the floor and started off down the hall. I turned and shut the door. How had he found me?

Correspondent
dorkybookworm3
0 Kudos

Oops! I made a mistake. I forgot that it was the morning. Just ignore the line where Stephan says she has a big day tommorrow. I wasn't thinking. :smileyhappy: