Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
itsmeKRISTIN

Am I The Only One .....

Am I the only one who feel like crying everytime i find out the my favorite series is ending?! i Can't be... right. Example ; My Blood Approves Series by Amanda Hockings, I almost cried like a baby when i found out the last book as comming out next year. 

All i'm saying is that i would love for there to be some sort of everlasting series. Maybe that's a little over doing it but a book lover can dream right?  

Huhh ... It's just that every time a good book ends there's a slight feeling of emptyness. :smileysad: 

But then you Move on to the Next Book :smileyvery-happy: And the Cycle starts all over again! 

Do any of you have an " Am i the Only one... " Feeling ?

Every Book Represents A New Opening Into A Much Greater World.
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Re: Am I The Only One .....

i dont want to cry, but when i finish a series i go "aawwwwww" and kinda sigh.

and i wish there were and everlasting series too!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Correspondent
iluvhersheys_andbooks
0 Kudos

Yeah, I get really sad when I favorite series of mine is about to end. Especially when I am on the last book, I would buy the book and prolong reading the last one for sooo long just so it wouldn't end!!!

www.blackandblueink.blogspot.com ------- Funnest Place on Earth...well to me!!!
Contributor
heather123
0 Kudos

Amanda Hockings!

I felt the same way when her Trylle trilogy ended. Some of the best books I've ever read. Since you seem to like her you should check them out! If you already haven't.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HeathersBookReview?feature=mhee
New User
AlexandraKay
0 Kudos

Ugh, deffinetley. I always feel so dissapointed and yes, sad. like the Pretty Little Liars series, i swore it was over until.. SUPRISE book 9 came out! So of course I went and read it, but a better example is when i was into the Twilight craze,i felt like crying then when i finnished the last book! But as of now, i dont really miss the series anymore. They've been overplayed out into movies, and comics... now im over the series.

- BUT like i was saying, I get what you're saying!

bobbles918

I thought I was the only one that got like that.  My mom,sister & some of my friends kind of make fun of me cause I can get so into a book I just become an emotional wreck.  I can let a book drepress me for a few days & I hate it.  I don't see how someone can't become attached to certain books or characters especially when it's part of a series.  You read these books & have to wait a year or so for the next & so for all those years I look forward to these books coming out & when it's the end of a series it's kind of like-well what do I do now.  Only a few series have gotten me like that.  I remember when I first read New Moon I got depressed-now looking back I can't believe I let that book get to me-it's not even that good! A few series I was sad to see end were of course Harry Potter, The Vampire Academy & Hunger Games.  It's kind of like a hollow feeling inside but then you just move on & find something else.  I always hope that authors will go back to my favorite series & write more-just 1 or 2 more- Cassandra Clare did it & I'm so happy she did cause I love the Mortal Instruments!

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Contributor
aTwistOfTi

Yes! There were definitely tears when Meg Cabot's The Mediator series ended. It broke my heart. I would love an everlasting series about a teenage murder solving genius because then it would never get old because people are always dying. Or some other kind of thriller. If adult fiction authors can write a gazillion books in a series so can young adult authors. I think they probably think us young readers will get bored with a series when it runs for a long time but I say GIVE US LONGER SERIES!  

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

boobles-

yes! i wish that even if its a series thats been finished for a while, the author will still manage to go back and just write a little something more- lol, just for me:smileyhappy:

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Contributor
GiveMeTheDimond
0 Kudos

Yes! I can't even begin to explain how much I cryed when the hunger games ended! I still cry when people bring it up! LOL then people whisper 'what's wrong whith THAT girl?' I'm different. I can watch 100s of episodes of Criminal Minds and not be scared, but when toast pops out of the toaster I scream bloody murder and take cover! LOL
Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Nope. I'm one one that goes "WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"!!
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Frequent Contributor
MichelleMuto

I don't cry, but I do read the last page more slowly. Reading that last line is bittersweet. 

The Book of Lost Souls Being a teen witch has never been more fun. Or trouble.
Don’t Fear the Reaper Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me...~Emily Dickinson 17-yr-old Keely Morrison finds that death isn't any easier than life.
Frequent Contributor
Jamie19

Yes! I feel like that in so many series that i read. I'm still waiting for the last book in the night world series to come out.
Contributor
Shalini_Boland
0 Kudos

Yep, I'm the same. I get so attached to the characters I feel like I'm losing a whole bunch of friends when the series ends.

I read a book recently called Becoming Edward, where the girl, Rachel, is a wreck after finishing the Twilight series and she keeps rereading them. I could totally relate to that feeling. 

Contributor
imwt_7
0 Kudos

I know what you mean! I want an everlasting series too! I love the house of night series and I was so sad when I read the last one, but there's a 9th one coming out soon and I'm so excited! I'm currently writing a book and I want it to be a really long series just because I've always wanted one like that so now I can give that to someone else. I want people/teens to be able to relate to it or get really into it

Inspired Contributor
I_read_books
0 Kudos

A relatable series would be nice. I really like it when I find those series where I feel like I know the characters. Like they're people. That doesn't happen too often, but when it does, I'm sad to see them go when the series is over. It's like having your heart ripped out almost.

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

I had that feeling when i finished The Vampire Acadmey series and when i found out that the last Maximum Ride book is coming out next year. I hate it when book series that you love end. Its like the book characters are real and you never want to stop reading about them. 

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Contributor
milkandoreo
0 Kudos

Yes! When I finished the last Harry Potter Book I was so sad. It felt like a friend had just moved away.

New User
Crazy_Librarian
0 Kudos

Yes absolutely i feel that way all the time then I just call my friend and tell her I'm book depressed and then when i feel ready i move on lol :smileyhappy:

New User
MyBookBoyfriend
0 Kudos

I get really sad like with Vampire Academy.  I was so sad, that I read Bloodlines hoping for more VA and was very disappointed.  The book was ok, but Sydney's not Rose.  But the ending to Bloodlines looks promising for a second in a series.

New User
brisaige
0 Kudos

omg i remember when the twilight series ended,i put my book down with my nachos and cheese dip and cried on my pillow then called my friend and told her "I can't believe it's over.." lol thenwe laughed about it later on lol to this day i still can't believe it's over...another seires that i didn't want to end was..Cirque du Freak series lol as for the pretty little liars,i still haven't finished book 2 XD so i'm not as close to the "i can't believe it's ending" stage yet lol