Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

American Idol shock

Sorry to bash you Kris Allen fans, but shouldn't Adam win. Of course Kris was kinda cute, but Adam had the rocker style and black nailpolish that was kinda weird to do for guy. Shocking, I thought Adam was going to win, but Kris won. Might as well go with the present. Who thinks Adam should have won?
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

Re: American Idol shock

i didnt watch this season religously like some of my other friends.  but from what i saw, adam was definaltey the most versiatile [is that a word?] singer of the season. i thought he was going to win, but maybe when danny got kicked off, kris got all of danny's fans votes because he was more like danny than adam is?? idk thats just my thinking. or maybe also, because he is suposidly gay, some people didnt vote for him? if that is the case, that is really sad..

but even tho he didnt win, he sang with KISS!!! that must have been soooo cool!!! plus, every knows him now, so he is definalty getting a few record deals in the near future!

"We could do pizza."
Frequent Contributor
ilovesuperheros
0 Kudos

i didnt really watch idol but i did i few times and they were both good singers. but kris allen was cute and a good singer!!!!

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I was so happy!!!!! I hate American Idol, but Adam losing was the highlight of my day! You don't ruin a masterpiece of song (Born to Be Wild) and the rock gods will let you off freely!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I'm so happy Kris won! Don't get me wrong, Adam is good. But I adore Kris.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Inspired Contributor
liv4Him
0 Kudos

AAAAHH!  I was SO mad Adam lost!  He by far has the better voice.  No offense to Kris fans.  It's just that Adam has a way better range and can sing any kind of music!  I don't support the gay thing, but his voice is beyond amazing!
Check out my blog at http://www.rinielsmusings.wordpress.com.
Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

Kris rocks!

so  does Adam! 

but i have my reasons why i dont like adam. so. dont attack. 

pain is inevitable. suffering is optional.
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

I'm with ya there
Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

I am SO MAD Adam lost ! He was my favorite. But the way I see it, Adam is going to be famous no matter what. I still don't get why he didn't win because Adam was waaaaay better vocally than any other artist on american idol.
The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
-The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

I was FURIOUSE! I LOVED Adam!
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

same here! I love ADAM!He rocks!

Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

did you guys check this out? they're saying Kris won only because he is cuter and Adam lost because he's unusual and more talented! what the heck is going on!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1611919/20090521/story.jhtml