Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
ShyStar
0 Kudos

.... AnOtHeR aDd-On ....

It was raining and the wind was blowing. I was ,obviously, outside, I was waiting I don't know for what but it was a feeling that told me to come out . Now I'm wet and cold but I can't find myself to go inside. What was wrong with me?

I'm Rose and I'm 16, I have only 1 friend and I am an only child. I am shy, and get nausea just for standing in front of a group of people. and now i'm standing out in the raining waiting for who knows what. Suddenly .....

the past is the past
what happened in it stays in it
if it comes out, theres a reason
Correspondent
Duncan-lover-4eva
0 Kudos

Re: .... AnOtHeR aDd-On ....

Suddenly, as the rain began to worsen, a strange wind surpasses by me and all of the sudden it gets really dark even though its only around 5 in the evening . Then out of nowhere as I'm standing there looking dumbfounded, a strange figure starts to make its way towards me.........
If you ever feel the need to wonder why.
Let me know
-Aaliyah
Contributor
ShyStar
0 Kudos

(( cool!!))

By the shape i can tell that its a boy... dress in all black ...

the past is the past
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

The rain wips my long auburn hair across my face, and the figure in black stalks down the street, coming closer.

Rain streaks my clothes, and I grasp my windbreaker tighter against my skin. Wind howls, and spits throughout the October sky. Frightend, and scared, I watched the boy- you ever he may be- come down the empty road. The storm clouds above me growl and rumble fiercly, and I glance cautiously at the gray clouds. A cold shiver spikes up my skin, and claws. My headache pounds against my skull, and threatens to burst.

"We could do pizza."
Contributor
ShyStar
0 Kudos

then a lighting goes in front of me then the boy is gone ... then i feel a hand on my shoulder ,my heart seems to be pounding more than my head.. im to scared to see who it is but i dnt hve to worry about that becuz the person starts to talk...
the past is the past
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

The voice is soft and understanding.

"Come with me."

Without even looking, it know it is the boy.

Slowly, and ever so carefully, I turn around to face my stalker. Rain beats against the pavement, and the wind roars above in the sky. I open my eyes, and there he is.

He stood before me, in a drenched over coat, a deep and never ending black. His long dark hair clings to his wet face, and his face itslef is a wonder.

I feel frozen in my thoughts. In my mind.

The boy's perfect face startles me, he goes without blemish. His large eyes are the color of the sea at peace.

"Come with me." He repeats.

I wish to speak to him, but my thoughts are gone, swept away with the storm.

Then my head begins to throb. Splitting pain sears throughout my mind, and my vision is unfocused and lost. I glance up one last time to see the boy, but he is gone.

My knees begin to buckle, and I can no longer see.

I crumpled, collapsing onto the hard ground.

"We could do pizza."
Contributor
ShyStar
0 Kudos

i hear vocies they are sayin my name "Rose, Rose!!!" gosh they are worried. But i cant find the strenghth to open up my eyes ... where am i?

there is a voice, faint, but its there and its sayin come with me , come follow, follow me. Open my eyes and see a bunch of people .. i start to relazie that i kno dem ... its my family  and i am in my room. My mom looks so worried with her dark deep brown eyes and my dad looks as though .... as though he was cryin? and my brother and friends and some other close relatives are there ... and gosh they are all starin at me! ... i feel so... *she leans over and pukes*    

the past is the past