New User
x0xmandy
0 Kudos

Any Teen Romance Recommendations?

I can't decide what to read next! lol But I'm really into the romance and fantasy books. Ones I really love are: The Last Song, Pretty Little Liars Series, The Mortal Instrument Series, The Vampire Diaries. Are there any books similar? I kinda want to stay away from the fantasy, for now, and read some great teen romance novels like The Last Song. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

New User
RememberMe
0 Kudos

Re: Any Teen Romance Recommendations?

A really good teen romance novel is "No Promises" By Pamela Curtis Swallow. Its a classic book, and its really good.

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry all I have is a bunch of teen fantasy books:smileysad: 

Inspired Contributor
kristyn711
0 Kudos

I am going to age myself a bit here, but I also recommend look at some "Classics" like Little Women (ok, I live right down the street from Orchard House) or if you are a more advanced reader Jane Austen.  There are some amazing new authors out there, but I also like to give a nod to some tried and true classics.

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." ~ Cicero

"My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter." ~ Thomas Helm
Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

Just to name a few..

Anything by Sarah Dessen

"how to build a house" - Dana Reinhardt

"Perfect Chemistry" and "Rules of Attraction" - Simone Elkeles

"Harmonic Feedback" - Tara Kelly

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Frequent Contributor
disneygirl1195
0 Kudos

well i know you want to stay away from the fantasy track but I love one and its my absolute favorite. It's called Jessica's Guide to Dating the Dark Side. Read it! it's amazing!!! 

But for the more realistic love stories is Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. 

Sorry I'm a mostly suspenseful/fantasy book reader :smileyhappy: hopefully I could help! 

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Here's a funny and cute book to read :smileytongue:

Gert Garibaldi's Rants and Raves

Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I finished this novel two weeks and I absolutely enjoyed reading it. 

My Most Excellent Year 

On a scale 1 to 10,  I gave it a 10.

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN

AliceApple wrote:

I finished this novel two weeks and I absolutely enjoyed reading it. 

My Most Excellent Year 

On a scale 1 to 10,  I gave it a 10.

I really liked reading this book too, and it was amazing! You should totally read it. I also recommend The Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott and also Bloom by her. Those are really good teen romances, as well as anything by Sarah Dessen. 

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Contributor
Kaley_T
0 Kudos

anything by Sarah Dessen or Simone Elkeles.

Check out my bookshelf for more.  I pretty much only like reading the teen romances.

I just started the Fallen series and it's really good.

New User
writergurl14
0 Kudos

Twenty Boy Summer  

i think this book is a great romance novel when i read it it changed the way i thought about love,life;death,and friendship it is a heartfelt story that i would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Heist Society

This was a great book and I can't wait for the second book to come out sometime in 2011 :smileyhappy:

I bought this book because it reminded me of Leverage and White Collar (love those shows) :smileytongue:

Happy Reading :smileywink:

Contributor
IBB15
0 Kudos

You should definitely read Clockwork Angel if you're into the Mortal Instruments series. I haven't read the series, but everyone says it's good. But yeah, Clockwork Angel was a weird kind of romance, many twists, and even a semi- love triangle. I recommend it to anyone who also loves sci-fi.

$I AM WHO I AM$
Frequent Contributor
hayleylynnv
0 Kudos

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1)  you pretty much like the same book as me and i like Blood and Chocolate  Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods Series #1)  the whole series is really good!  also    The Host  and its kinda a stretch from wat you are looking for but the uglies series are good like there a little weird at first but they're really good! all of the nicholas sparks are amazing! great summer reading lol luck T was good but i was 12 when i was reading it  Need  was amazing!  again a stretch but Saving Zoe   those are some of my favorites

We are young
We have heart
Born in this world as it all falls apart
We are strong
We don't belong
Born in this world as it all falls apart
~Hollywood Undead~
New User
LoveDrunk

My absolute favorite book of ALL time would have to be " Kissed by an Angel" its the most amazing book that i have ever ever ever read. i cannot express to you how fantastic this book is!! Now, i'm the type of person that reads a book once and that's it, i'm done but it's so well written and it keeps my attention so well that i think i'm going to read it again, which i've never done. I would read and read this book non-stop, it was so addicting; i couldn't put it down. You should read this book definitely! 

Kissed by an Angel Trilogy (Kissed by an Angel Series) 

If i had to rate this book from 1-5 (5 being the highest) i would give it a 10 because it goes way beyond anything!

Contributor
Bookwormreader13
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I absolutely loved Kissed By an Angel too! It is my second favorite book series! Did you know she is writing another one? It's called Evercrossed and it's coming out March 8th of next year.

So after, when he whispers, "You love me. Real or not real?" I tell him, "Real."
- Katniss Everdeen MOCKINGJAY by Suzanne Collins
Contributor
lane28
0 Kudos

i loved it too. and all of her other books. those shows are really cool too (Leverage is my favorite show).

at some choice we must pick between what is right and what is easy
Contributor
lane28
0 Kudos

thought that was such a creepy book

at some choice we must pick between what is right and what is easy
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Forget You  this is a wondeful book. im around three quarters the way through and its the best teen book ive read in a while. goug is hot, and i love his personality, etc.

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Contributor
greengirl09
0 Kudos

hey, i know you're probably leaning towards realistic romance, but I just finished reading Halo by Alexandra Adornetto and it was by far the best romance I've read. Another book that you should definitely read is The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak. It takes place during World War II, and though it is mostly about the struggles of a family living in Germany during the Holocaust there is definitely some romance involved. This book is the most heartwarming and saddening book I've ever read. It is my my all-time favorite, and if any of you have read it you'd know why. :smileyhappy: I read it when I was 11, but I think it suits anybody who loves emotional stories.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I have taken the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference."
"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
- Alana 3/18/11