Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
mrsnickjonas12
0 Kudos

Any books like Twilight?

Im looking to read books like Twilight. So far I have read The blue moons series by melissa de la cruz and the immortals series by Alyson Noel and I still have to wait a while till a new book comes out of each series and I really like twilight so if there are any plz tell me i need them!!!!! Thankz

Mrs.Nick Jonas<3

I LOVE NICK JONAS3
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

Re: Any books like Twilight?

house of night series!! its like almost as good as twilight:smileyvery-happy:
lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
StubbornAT
0 Kudos

I would have to say, mortal instruments.
Contributor
dbug_13
0 Kudos

I second the Mortal Instruments series and I also reccommend the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. You might also enjoy the Night World series by L.J. Smith.
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

all my suggestions have already been named except:

wicked lovely series

the summoning and following books

and another stephenie meyer book The Host

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Frequent Contributor
I_luv_Jace
0 Kudos

I have to say the Mortal Instruments, too if you want a really really good series to read then go straight to this series trust me if you liked Twilight you'll like this series heck you may even like it better then Twilight I know I did!!!!:smileyvery-happy:City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Series #1)  
~*SoFtBaLl LoVeR#23*~
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

oh my... is it me or is t getting a little bit hot in here?? :smileyvery-happy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

lol blueice. that movie is going to be off from the book... but its still going to be REALLY GOOD!!! lollollol
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
New User
spontaneous09
0 Kudos

The series by Serena Robar is really good. She has 3 books out.Here they are in the order from the first book to the third book: Braced 2 Bite, Fangs 4 Freaks, (I can't remember the 3rd right now)

It's about a teenager who gets turned into a vampire, but only halfway. She tries to make it through the normal world and falls in love with another vampire. It's REALLY GOOD.

~Supposedly, Uncontrollably, Undoubtly
Brittany
New User
Marian_B
0 Kudos

I've read tons of great books after twilight, with either wonderful romance and/or supernatural stuff.

For tips, have a look at my blog where I've reviewed all these books (mostly young adult paranormal fiction):

http://readingaftertwilight.wordpress.com/

Happy reading!

Inspired Contributor
shmy

[ Edited ]

I found Fallen by Lauren Kate to be extremely similar to Twilight, except the boy is an angel instead of a vampire. I still find Bella far more funny than Luce, and Edward more lovable than Daniel though. Buy I think you'll like it, while I was reading it I keep thinking "Twilight!" hehe because of the way the romance was set up.

Fallen (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #1)

You may also try Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, which made me swoon as much as Twilight (maybe even more!). In this series there is no triangle which is a relief! It's about wolves though, no vamps here.

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1)

Contributor
Kaley_T
0 Kudos

Read

and

Torment (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #2)

NOW!!!!  I'm almost done with Torment and can't wait til summer when I can read the next one.  I loved Twilight and if you do and also love the Immortal Series, you will love this Fallen series.

Contributor
Einstein3D
0 Kudos

Try Hush, Hush and the upcoming Crescendo (available 10/19) by Becca Fitzpatrick.

I'm participating in the ARC discussion and the first thing that came to mind when reading Crescendo is that it reminded me of the Twilight series.

Inspired Contributor
shmy
0 Kudos

Kaley_T wrote:

Read

and

Torment (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #2)

NOW!!!!  I'm almost done with Torment and can't wait til summer when I can read the next one.  I loved Twilight and if you do and also love the Immortal Series, you will love this Fallen series.

I finished Torment last week and I haven't found anyone to fangirl about it, I hope you finish soon! :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
Kaley_T
0 Kudos

My plan is to finish it tomorrow.  YAY!

Correspondent
StewiesMom
0 Kudos

You may also enjoy these:  Beautiful Creatures is already out, and Beautiful Darkness will be coming out on Tuesday.

"Tact, my dear"..."is merely a ploy of the unimaginative." - Bernard in Corinne Demas' "The Writing Circle"
"My life is my own, and the opinions of others don't interest me..." — Carroll John Daly**
**This is not necessarily true, I just love the quote!**
Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Inspired Contributor
shmy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

StewiesMom wrote:

You may also enjoy these:  Beautiful Creatures is already out, and Beautiful Darkness will be coming out on Tuesday.

Are these about vampires. I'm kind of tired of vamps, so I don't know if I want to read them or wait a while :smileytongue:

Correspondent
StewiesMom
0 Kudos

Nope.  No vamps here, just a regular old girl and boy.  The girl is a spellcaster.  I haven't read the second book yet, but the first book was a really good story!

shmy wrote:

StewiesMom wrote:

Are these about vampires. I'm kind of tired of vamps, so I don't know if I want to read them or wait a while :smileytongue:

"Tact, my dear"..."is merely a ploy of the unimaginative." - Bernard in Corinne Demas' "The Writing Circle"
"My life is my own, and the opinions of others don't interest me..." — Carroll John Daly**
**This is not necessarily true, I just love the quote!**
New User
ScubaStacey
0 Kudos

The Mortal Instruments series, for sure. Fallen and Torment by Kate are good, but kind of annoying.