Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Dizzanne
0 Kudos

Any one else captured by the Gemma Doyle Trilogy? (Kartik<3)

My friend recommended the book to me as  i told her how much i love The Lady of Shalott poem and i was captured from the very first page....Some authors are just blessed with writing magic fingers and mids...wow
“I promise to love you forever—every single day of forever. Will you marry me?” ~ Edward to Bella
:smileyhappy:so many books...so little time:smileyhappy:
**i am a sucker for vampires**(pun intended) :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
twilightandgemmafan
0 Kudos

Re: Any one else captured by the Gemma Doyle Trilogy? (Kartik<3)

It is the best. It is amazing how Libba Bray made her story so real and he characters so relatable. I love it.
"We're like pretty horses, and just as on horses, they mean to put blinders on us so we can't look left or right but only straight ahead where they would lead.
Please, please, please, Gemma, let's not die inside before we have to."
-The Sweet Far Thing
Frequent Contributor
platinumpink
0 Kudos

The series was well written, and it was a marriage of Victoriana, fantasy, and drama.
Frequent Contributor
CuzEveryoneLovesACullen
0 Kudos

I only read the first two books and loved both of them.  I have the third but my mum hid it and won't give it back until I clean my room...it's sad when you can be bribed with books. *sigh* 

xXxXxXxXx
If we know the way we're gonna die, through all the rest we will survive ~The Academy Is... LAX to O'Hare
New User
CoquetteinaCorset
0 Kudos

I read the first two books from the Gemma Doyle series.  They were so well written.  I couldn't put the book down.   As a fan of Victorian novels  I think Libba Bray did a great depiction of the Victorian Age.  I look forward to reading the third!
Contributor
Dizzanne
0 Kudos

I agree! The turmoil that women had to undergo in those days was very well portrayed. The book oozesboth passion and terror and pulls you right into the story! A great adn terribel beauty is a perfect book for anyone who loves drama, magic,dark secrets, adventure! The characters...the setting...i just loved it!
“I promise to love you forever—every single day of forever. Will you marry me?” ~ Edward to Bella
:smileyhappy:so many books...so little time:smileyhappy:
**i am a sucker for vampires**(pun intended) :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
HPlover7
0 Kudos

i read the first book recently and i enjoyed it. i trully had no comment so i really have no idea why i am posting....

Bite Me! (only Edward, please)

New User
CoquetteinaCorset
0 Kudos

I like how the girls have their own place to escape to so that they can be themselves.  They can loosen the corsets that they're wearing and share the power that Gemma has within her. 
Contributor
Bookworm456
0 Kudos

Ooooo! I love that series! I got hooked on it even before Twilight! I'm reading the third book right now, but it is so very long...

:smileyhappy: 

Love humiliates you. Hatred cradles you.