Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

???? Anybody care to explain?

Going Bovine   OK,......... I love Libba Bray, but what?  It sounds comical which kind of intrigues me, cuz AGATB was just not.... Hm... I have to say I am definitely going to read this.  
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
xojewlzx012
0 Kudos

Re: ???? Anybody care to explain?

well the cover is uh..interesting

i love libba bray when she wrote agatb but idk if im gonna read this one

" I'm completly capable of driving myself home!"
Of course she was but i wasn't capabale of letting her go
- bella & edward, midnight sun ♥
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I know right?  I mean Libba Bray is a comic genius but you would never know it cuz it doesn't reflect in her writing.  Have you ever read her blog?  It's flippin hysterical.  I bet this will be good though... simply cuz it's Libba Bray.  Lol. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
xojewlzx012
0 Kudos

yeaa she is wicked funny. ive read the stuff in the back of agatb where she answers those questions & she is rele funny, but i'll have to check out her blog. But yea im sure th ebook will be funny and probably has like literary meaning behind it & i probably will read it lol just b/c it is by her.
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Lol.  Ya exactly.  Know what's soooo wierd?  I just discovered that both Libba Bray and Scott Westerfeld are coming out with new books (in Scott's case a new trilogy) and I haven't even heard about it!  I totally flipped and squealed like a maniac. 
xojewlzx012
0 Kudos

he is coming out with a new trilogy?? where did you hear that? thats exciting!
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I was looking at the Coming Soon category on here and I saw Scott's name pop up and I was like OH!  Check out the other thread that I just made that goes "OMG OMG OMG"  There's kind of a brief descript of what the books are about.  They sound totally amazing. 
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

im most likely going to read libba brays new book! she is so incredibly hillarious! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I know!  I love reading her blog... though I only do it on very rare occasions. lol. 
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

i haven't read AGATB....how is it....?
"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

It's AH-mazing! With a capital A, H, M, A, Z, I, N, and G! Read them!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Lol.  I think Vamp summed it up.  Lol.  They're really great books. 
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

so it's about vampires....?
"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

When Kyleigh said "Vamp summed it up" she meant (I think) that I summed up how great the series is because my pen name is Vampires-and-Spongebob, so yeah...
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

oh! ok!

so then what's it about?

Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

It’s 1895, and after the suicide of her mother, 16-year-old Gemma Doyle is shipped off from the life she knows in India to Spence, a proper boarding school in England. Lonely, guilt-ridden, and prone to visions of the future that have an uncomfortable habit of coming true, Gemma’s reception there is a chilly one. To make things worse, she’s been followed by a mysterious young Indian man, a man sent to watch her. But why? What is her destiny? And what will her entanglement with Spence’s most powerful girls—and their foray into the spiritual world—lead to?

It's a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat book! The title is A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray.

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

that sounds really good.

i'll have to look it up.

so, why is the guy watching her?!?! :smileyhappy:

you have to tell me!

Jasper
~Eclipse~
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion.  I just tend to refere to Vampires-and- Spongebob as Vamp. Lol. 

You soooo cut and pasted that description didn't you?  *points figure accusingly*  But ya they are great books.  The plot takes a bit to work up but just stick with it and you'll be rewarded.  Lol.  

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Uh.  No we don't.  All you need to know is that he's hot and delicious. 
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

So what if I cut and pasted?! It's not like I stole the Crabby Patties from Mr. Crabs!