Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
BookWorm203
0 Kudos

Anyone LOVE Harry Potter 7? Like LOVE?

LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!!! OMG!!! IT ROCKS JUST AS MUCH AS TWILIGHT!!
Contributor
xoforbiddenfruitxo

Re: Anyone LOVE Harry Potter 7? Like LOVE?

Wow, I'm actually suprised no one has replied yet!

I loveee Harry Potter! It's my favorite book series of all time. I basically grew up with it :] I've read the entire series, and I'm planning on re-reading it again soon :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
michaela27

omg i love Harry Potter! the 7th book was so awesome it was like nonstop action from the start. so many people died :smileysad:  it was so awesome when he killled voldemort though!  and the funniest part was when mrs. weasley killed bellatrix haha.
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

I love it! but the six one's my fav.
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger

harry potter is my favorite series EVER it's awesome!!!!

*SPOILERS*

ok the 7th book knocked my socks off while i was reading it....it got to the part when snape died and then he gave harry his memories....OMGOODNESS it was such a shocker...i mean i HATED snape throughout the whole series and then after i read about his memories he became one of my favorites....you know?

"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I'm reading the 1st one and it's kind of boring....

should I keep reading it....?

Does it get any better later in the series....?

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01

What kind of riddiculous questions are those??? OF COURSE IT GETS BETTER!!!! It's flippin' HARRY POTTER. (And I agree about the conclusion being better than Breaking Dawn, and I'm a TWILIGHT fanatic xD)
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

OH MY GOODNESS YOU HAVE TO KEEP READING B/C IT IS AMAZING!!!!!!

i personaly think that the harry potter series KICKS the twilight series BUTT!!!! so if you like twilight then you will LOVE harry potter!

"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I'm at the part were Hargid takes Harry to Diagon Ally....

But it does get better....right....?

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

ya you will get to a point where you can't put the books down...trust me! i don't think that any of the books are slow but if i had to pick which book in the series is slow i would pick the first 2....after them the series gets SOOOO good!!!
Frequent Contributor
Parisgirl14
0 Kudos

I just started this series like two weeks ago and I am on Goblet of Fire. I agree the first one was a little slow. My favorite so far is Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww

I love Harry Potter so much. It's what got me into reading in the first place. With Order of the Phoenix on its release date. It's amazing how everything plays out through-out the books. Sad that she won't write anymore but at least we have the Encyclopedia to look forward to. xD

TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

ya i know i'm bummed that she won't write anymore :[ but Ravenclaww is right at least we have the encyclopedia to look forward to :]
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Hey J.R. Keep reading them haha. They get better and better and soon enough you'll actually start to care about the characters. Yea the first book goes a bit slow but that doesn't matter it's basically introducing everything. The second is a little better and then by the third it gets amazing. xD

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Ravenclaww wrote:
Hey J.R. Keep reading them haha. They get better and better and soon enough you'll actually start to care about the characters. Yea the first book goes a bit slow but that doesn't matter it's basically introducing everything. The second is a little better and then by the third it gets amazing. xD

I'll keep reading them :smileyhappy:

I'm at the part where Harry gets his wand....it's starting to get a little better....

Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Ah starting to bring back memories haha. I've read the series so many times. The first two about 10
third: 7
fourth: 7
fifth: 13
sixth: 13
seventh: 3

Lol I started with the fifth and it's my favorite and have read the other six many times before the seventh. And I won't read them again until after the last movie comes out. I love the books and I read the series again finishing the past December. Haha xD Good to know that it's starting to get better for you.

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Yeah :smileyhappy:

The only bad thing is I get headaches trying to read what Hagrid's saying....

:smileyhappy:

Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Lol poor Hagrid. You gotta love him though. But you'll get used to it. When I first started back in 2001 (Order of the Phoenix came out) I was like um WHAT?! and then yea you start to understand him xD Ah I'm envy of you right now. I wish I could get that feeling when I started HP again haha. It was the happiest moment of my life. Lasted liked a year xD

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

lol

Sadly I know how the series ends.....

thanks to one of my friends....

Harry married Jenny

Ron and Hermine (I spelled that wrong didn't I....) get married

and at the end there sending there kids off to Hargworts

one of the twins die

dumboledoor dies

snape dies....

am I right?

:smileyhappy:

Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Lol coughGinnycough sorry xD Yea but that's just like 1/1354554544154 of it haha. There is so much more and like everytime I re-read it I find newer things haha. Trust me there is sooo much more left to it haha.

Sadly I got the sixth book ruined for me. But I was still shocked. Something about it that makes you not want to believe. (haha weird the sixth movie preview is giving xD) But yea. Even though it got spoiled for you you'll still feel what you would have felt before.