Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Hikaru23
0 Kudos

Anyone Read Death Note?

I just recently finished reading Death Note .....and i LOVED it!....but i have no one to talk to about it!......It's a manga series.....anyone who's interested....please!! ^.^

"The world is the same size, there's just... less in it..."
~Jack Sparrow -At Worlds End-
Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone Read Death Note?

I read most of them...but stil haven't finished the series. My bf has all the books and i have to borrow them. But they are really good. Like intresting and great. My favorite characters are L and the little boy with white hair that i forgot what his name was. (Nero?) lol

Contributor
Hikaru23
0 Kudos

:smileywink: LOl his name is Near....yeah I like him too ^.^ what are you up too? ....... My favorite characters are L  ......and....ummm.......Matsuda!!! YEAH!....{ But Mostly L } lol....:smileyvery-happy: I basically like Near because of the fact that he's like L alot ^.^ ....Mello too...but he's more evil >_< lol....

Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

hmm... i forget which book... I remember a part of the book when the father died... Thats what i got up to i think... and yeah i love Near because he is like L soo much. I think it is such great books. I also love the pictures too.

Contributor
Hikaru23
0 Kudos

The artist is very good i agree ^^ ...it really has alot of Great pictures...:smileytongue: your pretty far!! taklk to me when you read the end! i can't wait to hear what you say!

Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

I figured out that i have to read three more of the books. I'll let you know when i'm done. lol.

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I've seen the anime and I just started reading the manga! :smileyhappy:

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Contributor
Hikaru23
0 Kudos

YAY! J.R_ Bookworm!!!!!! isn't it awesome?!.....i haven't seen the Anime >_< but i have read all of the manga series!!! and i saw one of the movies ^.^

and i love it!!! what is the anime like? who is your favorite character? ^.^ how do you like the manga so far? is it at least similar to the anime?

Contributor
Hikaru23
0 Kudos

and yay! redheart52 !!!! you and me gotta talk about it when your done!! hurry!!! :smileyvery-happy: lol

Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

Heyy hikaru i finished Death Note and i even flipped through the 13th book too. I knew Light was going to snap and it was great!! and i was sad about the guy that was helping Light i forgot his name it began with a M but he was awesome. =D What did u think of the ending???

Contributor
Hikaru23
0 Kudos

You did?!? YAAAY!!! It was good wasn't it? ^_^  Is it Matsuda your talking about??.... I know...he didn't want to believe that Light was really that bad... I have the 13th book ^_^ it's funny =P...and yeah...by the end Light was just...how do i say...crazy?....yeah... crazy works =D ...you kinda get a hunch that he's gonna snap eventually ^_^ Me honestly i was surprised and happy and sad at the same time when i read the ending..... Surprised that Light was shot and Ryuk eventually killed him ....AND that Mello and Matt died >_<....Happy that Near won...I honor of L of course...and sad that the police team finally found out the truth...and Matsuda didn't want to believe it... ^_^ it amazes me what comes out of peoples heads sometimes ^_^ I LOVE IT!!!!

....P.S. you should read the DeathNote:The Los Angeles BB case files... It's a novel not a manga...but it's awesome!!! =P

Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

Hikaru23 wrote:

....P.S. you should read the DeathNote:The Los Angeles BB case files... It's a novel not a manga...but it's awesome!!! =P

O.O Never heard of it. Huh? am i able to buy it at barnes and noble store??? like what is it about?

Contributor
Hikaru23
0 Kudos

^_^ yes you can buy it at a Barnes and Noble store =P ..... umm... ok... it' s about that ex-FBI agent who's husband died and she figured Light out  before he wrote her name in the Deathnote and she went missing and most likely died...her name is Naomi Misora ... ^_^ it's about the time she worked with L to help solve a big murder case....It's  veeeery interesting and makes you really think ^_^ if you like Death Note  you would like it ^_^