Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
aishaAD

Re: Anyone know any good books?

Mortal instruments series by cassandra clare

house of night series by p.c cast and kristin cast

twilight series by stephenie meyer

blue bloods series by melissa de la cruz

need by carrie jones

wake,and sequel to wake, fade by  lisa mcmann

the girl who could fly by victoria forester

generation dead series by daniel waters

the host by stephenie meyer

darkest power series by kelley armstrong

morganville vampire series by rachel caine

hunger games series by suzanne collins

evermore by alyson noel

thirteen reaons why

a certain slant of light

vampire academy series by richelle mead

I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You by ally carter

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by ally carter

wicked lovely series  by melissa marr

A walk to remeber

evernight by claudia gray

gemma doyle series by libba bray

Contributor
vegie02
0 Kudos

New Moon was my least fav book because of the beginning, but I LOVED the ending, and I can not wait till it hits theaters, but my fav books out of the twilight saga are Twilight(the beginning of Bella and Edward) and Breaking Dawn (don't want to spoil it for you!).

A low oath made me aware that someone was with me, and the voice was impossible not to recognize. Two long, white hands shot out protectively in front of me, and the van shuddered to a stop a foot from my face, the large hands fitting providentially into a deep dent in the side of the van’s body.

-Bella Swan, Twilight | Chapter 3

Contributor
anngonzalez
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm one of those new authors who is trying to figure out how to get her book into the hands of some avid young adult readers. I don't know if Running for My Life would be considered a good book or not...but, I want to find out. I've had many adult readers tell me they love it, but haven't yet heard from my real audience...young adult readers.

If you think a story about a teenager with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) developed after being attacked by her mentally ill mother would be interesting to you, I'd love to hear what you think of Running for My Life, by Ann Gonzalez, good or bad.

Your thoughts will help me grow and improve as a writer...and I want nothing more than to write stories that mean something to teen readers.

Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

That's sounds like it'd be a great book!
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

I'd read it =)
The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
-The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Frequent Contributor
ilovesuperheros
0 Kudos

these books are good....

speak

exit here

kissed by an angel

the boyfriend league

twilight series

Contributor
vegie02
0 Kudos

It's a fresh topic that I would be interested in reading about!

I wanted to be stupid and reckless, and I wanted to break promises. Why stop at one?

— Bella Swan, New Moon | Chapter 5

Frequent Contributor
platinumpink
0 Kudos

I am an avid book lover myself, and I'm pretty tolerant about books except for heavy horror, sappy romance (boring!), most fantasy (unless it's *really* good to me, am not into Twilight, sorry), most sports (unless it's *really* good to me), most sci-fi (don't relate).

But enough about me.

Some books I have read/loved over the years:

All Quiet on the Western Front-WWI fiction, bloody but good

Artemis Fowl-have read books 1, 2, & 3

Battle of Jericho

Gemma Doyle Trilogy

Black Boy

The Boxer

Boy Proof

Bud Not Buddy

Cry the Beloved Country

Devil on my Heels

Dragonwings

Egypt Game

Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie

Flipped

Forgotten Fire

Secret Life of Bees

Kira-Kira

The Jungle (36 chapter uncensored version-will tell you this)

Invisible Man

Hoot

Harris and Me