Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12

Anyone remeber American Girl Dolls?

They still send me their magazines every once in awhile even though I am 18 and I just got another one! I used to love my American Girl Dolls and I still have all of them (and no I don't still play with them). I'm kinda mad though because they are getting rid of Kirsten! She was my favorite! Does anyone else remember the good old days playing with these dolls?

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Frequent Contributor
LovelyReader
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone remeber American Girl Dolls?

haaha yeah I totally do.  I used to play that little American Girl Dolls play program for the computer too.  I can't believe they're getting rid of Kirsten!! She was my favorite too.  That's so sad!! :smileysad:

My niece plays with mine now.  I can't believe how much the new AGDs have changed and all the stuff you can get for them now.

So many books, so little time
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

i used to love trhose dolls!!! my fave was kit. why they getting rid of Kirsten??

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Oh, god. Those things scared me ever since I was 3.

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

hahahaha lol. how ya been vamp??

btw this is hails.

do you remember me?

from te chatroom?

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

I had (have) Samantha and Felicity. But the Felicity is kind of mangeled because I got it used. Once I took it to school to wrap as a mummy for a project, and afterward I thought it would be entertaining to stick it in the 2nd biggest pocket of my backpack and totally zip it closed except for leave the head sticking out. The look on everyone's face was priceless. :smileyhappy:

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

I'm not really sure why they are getting rid of her. it just said soon we will say farwell to an American Girl Original get her before she moves to the American Girl Archives. Wow apparently she has been around for twenty years!

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

thats so sad! i think they got rid of Samantha too because she wasnt in the new magazine they just sent me.  there was some other doll from her time period.  i have kit, samantha, and josephina.

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

Oh yeah I forgot they got rid of Samantha. But the newest doll they have is from a very similar time period as she was. Maybe they plan on making another one that is in a time period close to Kirstin's. Who knows?

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Ha! I LOVED American Girl Dolls when I was yonger!

:smileyhappy:

My favorite was Josephina!

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
New User
abooklover
0 Kudos

Aw, I loved american girl. I had Kit lol. I loved american girl books so much when I was little.

---------------------------------------------------------
"Desperate times call for desperate measures. That's a saying, or a bit of advice, or a catchprase, or a string of words used to confuse people less intelligent than you. In any case, it means: Life is tough, so you'd better fight hard-or something like that."
— Obert Skye (Leven Thumps and the Whispered Secret)
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

the new one is supposed to be HOMELESSS

wat girl wants to play wiht a homeless doll

and also those dolls were wayyyyyyyyy overpriced

I have 2 tho and one of their eyes looks scary lol

Frequent Contributor
Parisgirl14
0 Kudos

I loved the American Girls doll. I have Samantha, Nellie,Kirsten,Elizabeth and Felicity.

Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

my sister has so many american girl dolls its not funny. I have two nellie and samantha. AND I HATE THEM for getting rid of samantha.

I didn't know they were getting rid of Kirsten!!!!!

Why are they getting rid of the old dolls that are the best ones!

~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

yeah i know

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

It makes you feel old in way. I mean those were the dolls we played with and now they old enough to be sent to the archives!