Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Strawberryy
0 Kudos

Anyone want to bash the Twilight Movie????

I absolutely loved the books, i've read them all over 15 times.  But Twilight was the worst book to movie transition.  What do you think???
Wordsmith
Raestar15
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone want to bash the Twilight Movie????

I agree!

Rae 

Zoey:smileyfrustrated:pirit is what makes us unique,what gives us strength,and it is what lives on after our bodies are no more.
~House of Night~

Laurel it if you like it!!!
~Rae
New User
afern00
0 Kudos

you read them over 15 times? why? I also read the entire series unfortunately and i'm just really curious as to why you love it so much. Is it because maybe edward cullen is an obsessive stalker who can't stand to give the girl privacy? Oh maybe the relationship she has with the psycho werewolf who demands for her company? Or maybe it's the fact the Bella is an idiot and some how with all the stupid decisions she makes still ends up dead yet happy. Please just enlighten me.
Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

i apologise if anything i say is hurtful. i just really cant stand that all of these people are obsessed with twilight and i dont understand it either. i would love nothing more than to bash anything twilight. i am anti-twilight. i think that the books are terribly written, they have a dull storyline a billion plot holes. and bella, the main character has only two emotions confused and depressed. and i dont like kristen stewert who plays bella in the movie, she always has this perpetual [b* t *h] face. and robert pattinson is so NOT hot. i saw the first movie and thought it was terrible. then when it came out on video i  thought hey ill rent it and watch it again because it cant be that bad. but then i stayed up late and alone and put it on and was like oh wow its worse than i remember. its so cheasy. they try to be so serious and then kristen stewert does that annoying as heck lip biting thing that she does in EVERY movie and i just started CRACKING UP!

Wordsmith
blackmiss

no, i think the harry potter and the half blood prince is the worst. david yates ruined the movie. Twilight isn't bad. 

Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh

Have we seriously not learned our lesson here people?  You start ANY Twilight bashing thread, movie or book, or characters, whatever... SOMEONE is going to get pissed off.  As much as I loathe anything Twilight I'm not going to say anything and I encourage to keep this thread simply discussing the actors in the movie or likes and dislikes on how they achieved certain aspects i.e. the sparkling.  Just please keep the bashing to a minimum.  I'm so sick of Twi-fights. 

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Frequent Contributor
GEEna
0 Kudos

Omg thank you kyleigh.  All of you need to just get over it.  If people on here just so happen to have opposing views on Twilight, so be it.  There's absolutely nothing either party can say or do to change it.

there ain't no rest for the wicked.
Frequent Contributor
GEEna
0 Kudos

Oh, and as for my view on the Twilight movie, i thought it was a terrible rendition of the book, but that's not to say that the book itself was much better.

there ain't no rest for the wicked.
Frequent Contributor
Lee-Lee81
0 Kudos

Why the hell would you make a thread the bash the movie? I thought it was horrible too, but book haters are going to flame you like crazy.

BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

Yeah I mean I understand some of you are new users  so ill just let you know beforehand , OK so personally yes I'm sure we all know by now the movies suck big time, but lets just leave it at that because Kay has a point such threads have been made so many times that we have seriously lost count, all it takes it for a twilight obsessed fan to flip and hey we had a silly argument that last forever so I agree keep it on the actors and yeah Robert and Kristen can't act for **bleep** :smileyhappy:

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

okay so this is a book club. so why are all of you saying there shouldnt be any messages bashing twilight? everyone has their own point of view.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Okay I am sry for what I am about to say. The Twilight movies SUCKED! The books were poorly written and they characters were a bore. The story just went on and on about how great love was and then they lost love and then gained it again. B-O-R-I-N-G! And srsly they just made Bella sound like a Slut and how she got married and then got pregant a week later??? Smart move. And I cant even comment on the movies that's how bad they were. It is just a big waste of time to go see them. I'm so not going to either Eclipse or Breaking Dawn because I just know it's going to be bad. I mean couldnt they make it seem like it was a little real and I'm the type of person that LOVES vampires :smileysad:. I just think people are obsessed now because everyone else is. I just hope people start really thinking about how stupid these books and movies really are.

-Vamp

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

yeah i agee. except i probably will go see the other movies. just so i can bash THOSE too. haha.

Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

I dont think the title of this board is adequate, B&N bookclubs are supposed to be healthy disccusions and are not meant to bash anything , since we must all respect everyones tastes whether in movies or in books, so even though I may not like Twilight books or movies I dont go around boards bashing peoples likes, Its all about respect and tolerance.

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE

not bashing the people who like twilight. im just voicing my opinion on the topic. and i dissagree, i think this book club is for people to talk about books. whether they like them or not. and to talk about those opinions.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Yeah I totally agree its_tiffani_LO. Everyone have there opinion on any topic they want and they can say whatever they like on any topic whenever they want. Just like me - people should express anyway they want to on anything they want to. This is a free site and people can express what the are feeling about any books, movies, music, or any topic they want.  

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Ugh.  Okay so as much as I agree with both sides about both respecting other peoples opinions, and having the right to express your own, remember freedom of speech goes only as far as to when your encroaching on someone else's freedom.  But anywho that's not my point.  My point is that bashing anything Twilight will come back to bite you in the ass.  End of story.  Tadaa. 

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob

THIS IS A PEN!-best line ever.

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Percy Jackson?  Is that a good series?  I might actually have to read them now.  Movie looks decent. Though I don't have high hopes. 

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Uhh,, does anyone else think that Kristen Stuart looks perpetually high? Or is that just me?

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.