Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Bibliophile
Silvermist24

Authors!

Is anyone on this site an atual author? If so, what book did you write?
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

Re: Authors!

i not a author but i do know a lot of them are on this website, like the one that runs the harrypotter book club. but if you like, try te writing room,there should be a lot of authors there.
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Inspired Contributor
MadamedeChevreuse
0 Kudos

I think that the authors who are on the boards have a special tag by their name that says "Author" and that their names are in red, instead of the yellow of us regular peoples. :smileyhappy: Not very many show up here, though. Hmmm...
A book is like a mirror: If an idiot peers into it, you can't expect an apostle to look out.
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Well I don't know much about authors here, but on Goodreads I'm friends with alot of authors, though I don't really know who they are or heard of their books.  Lol. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

hey this doesn't have anything with the sebject but whats a goodbook, is that a website.

Kyleigh wrote:
Well I don't know much about authors here, but on Goodreads I'm friends with alot of authors, though I don't really know who they are or heard of their books.  Lol. 

Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Haha. It's Goodreads, and yes it's a website.  It's similar to B&N but kind of different. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
D-Vos
0 Kudos

I'm an author. Hmm...they didn't put a tag on my name and make it red...(cries his heart out)

Anyway, yeah, I wrote a book and actually had a book signing today at which I sold out of my box of 25 books. It was great! Then I watched Wolverine.

You can check out the book here: Double Life

D-Vos

Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

You guys all know Connie_K, right? She's an actual author. I think she wrote a biography on J.K. Rowling, plus some other books.
The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
-The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

D-Vos that looks really good.  I'm definitly going to have to buy that.  :smileyhappy:
D-Vos
0 Kudos

Thanks Kyleigh! Hope you can gather enough money to get one.

By the way, do you think I should contact one of the admins about making my name have the "Author" tag on it?

D-Vos

Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

i put it on my cart so when i get the money i'll totally buy your book.

i tripped up the stairs once.
its not as fun as people say.
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

Hey D-Vos! Your books sounds great! I'll totally buy it when I have more money!
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
D-Vos
0 Kudos

thanks :smileyhappy: I hope you guys can read it and enjoy it. If that never happens, I have failed as a writer.

D-Vos

Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

I will definately read it. And review it.
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
D-Vos
0 Kudos

Will you?

Put the review on Amazon too. That's where I'm anticipating the bulk of my sales.

D-Vos

Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

OK, when I read it! Definately. hey, where would it be in BarnsandNoble? Or should I bye it online?
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
D-Vos
0 Kudos

Well, that's where the downside comes in.

Since the books are non-returnable on the book distributor's database (grrr) the bookstores won't carry them in brick and mortar stores. You would have to special order it throught the computer, and at that rate you might as well buy it straight from this site.

I really wish that the bookstores would carry them! I don't know where they would stock them if they did carry it though.... I'm going to be wondering about that all day now.

D-Vos

Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

OK.
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Ya, I would definitely ask them about it. 

Man that sooo sucks.  At least I have a job now(does happy dance) and I am just waiting for that first paycheck!  Not like I'll be spending it though..... I have to raise 5000 something dollars for a trip to Europe next year.  

Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

im thinking of whether my mom will let me buy it now.

oh!

if someone buys your book then do you get the money?

i tripped up the stairs once.
its not as fun as people say.