Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

Re: Authors!

I thought so.
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Distinguished Correspondent
D-Vos
0 Kudos

It depends on what you mean by "the money." I CERTAINLY don't get the full $14. I get a royalty of about $1.50.

D-Vos

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Dude... that sucks.  Total sad face. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
D-Vos
0 Kudos

That doesn't suck. It's just fine and dandy for me. If I was traditionally published I'd probably have about half of that.

D-Vos

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

D-Vos wrote:

It depends on what you mean by "the money." I CERTAINLY don't get the full $14. I get a royalty of about $1.50.

D-Vos

ya, thats petty good if you ask me. and it show that people are buying your book

Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Contributor
AbintraPress
0 Kudos

Silvermist24 wrote:
Is anyone on this site an atual author? If so, what book did you write?

Yup. Ed Howdershelt. Mostly science fiction.

My titles at Barnes & Noble: http://tinyurl.com/knzgzs

Sorry for this late reply, I just got around to signing up here this evening.

Ed
Ed Howdershelt - Abintra Press
Science Fiction & Semi-Fiction
Contributor
AbintraPress
0 Kudos

MadamedeChevreuse wrote:
I think that the authors who are on the boards have a special tag by their name that says "Author" and that their names are in red, instead of the yellow of us regular peoples. :smileyhappy: Not very many show up here, though. Hmmm...

When I signed up for the BN discussion boards, there was no 'occupation' menu choice and no apparent connection to my author/publisher account. Unless someone bothers to look in here or rat me out to the establishment, chances are the board system won't know me from anyone else.

Ed

Ed
Frequent Contributor
MichelleWachbrit
0 Kudos

I am! I very recently signed a contract for 3 books with an independant publisher. My first book is:

Check my website (http://thelastguardianbook.com/) to buy my YA book, read the first chapter, look over character bios, and much more!
B&N: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9780984154364/
Contributor
RaphyelMJordan
0 Kudos

Helloooooo! I'm an author too, and I just published my first book as well. It's demographic is is youth and young adult, but I'm being told a lot of more seasoned people are enjoying the read as well.

While the genre is sci-fi based, if you look beyond the aliens and different planets, you'll be engaged with the classic tale of coming of age. There's a great deal of social issues in the novel that we young people (I'm 25) face these days. And I need some reviews, so I hope whoever buys enjoys!

BTW, D-Vos, I LOVE your book's cover. Very graphic-design-like. ^_^ Your story sounds pretty cool too. I might have to purchase that!BTW, D-Vos, I LOVE your book's cover. Very graphic-design-like. ^_^ Your story sounds pretty cool too. I might have to purchase that!

Prossia

Here's a link and the front image of my book.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle
Contributor
terrireid
0 Kudos

I'm an author - but I don't play one on TV. :smileyhappy:  I have two - almost three books available at B&N:

The Ghosts Of New Orleans - A Paranormal Research and Containment Division (PRCD) Case File 

Loose Ends - A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery 

The second book in the Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery Series "Good Tidings" should be available to you soon!  It's only available through Smashwords.com now.

Thanks!!!

Terri 

P.S. I would love to hear what you think of my books!

Author of the Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery Series and the Paranormal Research and Containment Division Series.
Frequent Contributor
hollyahook
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi!  I'm a Young Adult Fantasy author and I've released my first novel, Tempest, on Kindle and Nook just a couple of months ago. 

Tempest, a fantasy with a new twist! $0.99

Sixteen-year-old Janelle never thought the gray spiral birthmark on her arm meant anything special.  That is, until she meets Gary, a boy her age with a birthmark exactly like hers.  Gary’s attractive, brooding, and perfectly normal…except for the fact that he materialized out of a dangerous hurricane right in front of her.  Janelle’s certain of only one thing.  Gary’s mark—and hers, too—mean something, but he’s reluctant to tell her what. 

At last she squeezes the truth from Gary about their markings.  And the truth is utterly terrifying: Janelle and Gary are more connected to the destructive power of nature than she ever dreamed possible.  And learning the truth about herself is only the start of her nightmare.

I am currently working on two more novels, one of which I plan to release in Feburary after some edits.   

Wordsmith
shygirlTB
0 Kudos

hollyahook wrote:

Hi!  I'm a Young Adult Fantasy author and I've released my first novel, Tempest, on Kindle and Nook just a couple of months ago. 

Tempest, a fantasy with a new twist! $0.99

Sixteen-year-old Janelle never thought the gray spiral birthmark on her arm meant anything special.  That is, until she meets Gary, a boy her age with a birthmark exactly like hers.  Gary’s attractive, brooding, and perfectly normal…except for the fact that he materialized out of a dangerous hurricane right in front of her.  Janelle’s certain of only one thing.  Gary’s mark—and hers, too—mean something, but he’s reluctant to tell her what. 

At last she squeezes the truth from Gary about their markings.  And the truth is utterly terrifying: Janelle and Gary are more connected to the destructive power of nature than she ever dreamed possible.  And learning the truth about herself is only the start of her nightmare.

I am currently working on two more novels, one of which I plan to release in Feburary after some edits.   

your tempest book sounds good and whats your other two novel your going to write about

the clouds i can handle but i cant fight an eclipse
jacob black =)

Contributor
Livr
0 Kudos

How did you publish your book?  What was the process like?

Contributor
LucyKevin
0 Kudos

Yup, I'm an author. :smileyhappy: Here are a couple of teen books I've written that people seem to really like:

SEATTLE GIRL by Lucy Kevin

(A young adult romance about love, sex...and my really big mouth)

The first time Georgia Fulton gets behind a mic at her college radio station (because of a guy, of course...), she's hooked. (Who would have thought she'd ever find a job where a boss would appreciate her big mouth?) But being a smart-mouth doesn't necessarily keep her from getting hurt by one jerk after another. With help from her friends-and loyal listeners-will Georgia finally figure out the real deal about guys, sex, love...and maybe even herself?

Seattle Girl (A young adult romance about love, sex...and my really big mouth)

FALLING FAST by Lucy Kevin

(A romantic comedy about friendship, family...and unexpected love)

When Alexa is sent by a magazine to be an undercover contestant on the reality TV series "Falling For Mr. Right" she assumes the worst part of the assignment will be having to act like a brainless bimbo to try and win the affection of an arrogant guy who is out looking for his fifteen minutes of fame. Color her shocked when it turns out that not only are several of her fellow contestants intelligent, funny women...but that Brandon – aka Mr. Right - isn't at all the kind of man she thought he'd be.

What's Alexa supposed to do when instead of digging up dirt for her cover story, she finds herself falling way too fast for the man she’s supposed to despise...and tear apart in her first big feature story?

Falling Fast (A romantic comedy about friendship, family...and unexpected love)

Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Summer Of My First Time Hey Silvermist:  

And yes I'm an actual author.  I sincerely hope you check out some of my work and find it to your liking.  Currently I have 10 eBooks on B & N and they are doing quite well.  Since this is the teen forum, I will only list a couple of my novels that are geared towards teens.  However I do recommend 17 and over.

Taming The Golden Boys of Central High

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
New User
TreeTrunks
0 Kudos

no, but i wish i was

Reader
OtotheD
0 Kudos

All About Daisy