Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

B&N's new look?

Woah! What's up with the new appearance??

Why aren't the avatars showing up anymore? And did they delete all of our laurels, or is the little counter for laurels on that post only?

I do like the new look, though. It's neat.

team GALE, anyone?
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

Re: B&N's new look?

I don't like the new look *sigh*. I really miss the way the website used to be, especially the home page and Teen Reads. I don't like how the avatars aren't visible with people's posts!

"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

i dont like it either its too bright and i have to find myslef searching for stuff

Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

i know! it will take some serious getting used tooo... i miss the old one....*sighs*
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

its okay..... its going to take some used to

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

I miss the old look. =( Why'd they change it anyhow? 

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

I think it is okay. You can still give Laurals and you can also still see the other people avatars. But I do agree it is too bright and it feels a little too clean. And some things are kinda small. It took me a few more seconds than usual to find the login thing and the message icon. But I guess this will just be something to get used to. 

Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

arielle yay where have u bin women its bin ages!!! how are you? :smileyhappy: nd yes this whole new setup is so not cool, pfff damn you admin something people!!!  and sort out this bludy site takes ten years to log in, i swear im geting wrinkles arghhhh!!!

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Meh. I don't like the new look. The old one was better :-(((