Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

Beastly

anyone else read it??

lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Distinguished Correspondent
purple_monkey
0 Kudos

Re: Beastly

I just finished it a few days ago. It was okay.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

Beastly by Alex Flinn? Yea I read it a few weeks ago, and I really liked it.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

i loved it!!

i thought the story was great

and so sad

lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i read beastly and thought it was a good read.  i really liked the part about the roses because i grow roses so that part was fun!

Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed reading Beastly!!!

It's one of my favorites.

But you guys need to read A Kiss in Time By Alex Finn.

It's remix of sleepy beauty/

Frequent Contributor
so_death_bye
0 Kudos

me and my friends

read the book.

one frinds mad becuz

the movie has it

ALL

wrong

who gone

see that

re-make

What's Montague? It is nor hand nor foot,
Nor arm nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O be some other name!

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet
Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

I will. I like to read the book and then see the movie. I agreed with your friend. Why do movies has to be different from the books???

For example, in the Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, the ending was totally different from the book.

Contributor
Rainey_indigo
0 Kudos

i thought it was cute but at the end in stead of them dancing at the house it would be cool just to have him ask her "may i have this dance" at the prom

Inspired Contributor
CrabbyCat
0 Kudos

Is is bad that I had to force myself to finish this book?  I have a strict rule when it comes to movies based on books: always read the book first!  Usually, I get angry when the movie doesn't follow the book, but, in this case, I think I'll make an exception.  After reading this book, I'm actually hoping there are a few changes.  I like the idea of putting a twist on a classic, but, for me, the book didn't put in enough twists; it was too much like the old Disney movie.  I did like Will's character and the modern setting but I just couldn't get into it.  I like the way Kyle is portrayed in the movie trailers better. 

the rocket summer 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
New User
tinytim94
0 Kudos

Hey I think it is mean of Kyle to kind of be mean to kendra that is just harsh and shallow

New User
JackandSally16
0 Kudos

I haven,t read it but i have read part of the book and i really like it.