Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Frequent Contributor
zera17
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎05-14-2010
0 Kudos

Before and After Twilight

There were so many vampire books before Twilight but I think its funny that after reading that book you almost need to continue with Supernatural stuff..... Or is that just me?

After Twilight all these great books are reprinting..... It's great!   Anyways I was Just wondering if Twilight sparked anyone else's desires to read about  supernatural stuff afterwards?

Photobucket
Wordsmith
wheeze
Posts: 331
Registered: ‎05-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

Yes and No. Like you said, there are so many Vampire Stories these days... House of Night, Vampire Academy, Vampire Kisses.. it's kind of crazy. I don't necessarly like the vampire series, but I am starting to enjoy angel kind of stories.. like Hush, Hush. I hope to read Kissed by an Angel also.

 

To me, it seems like the Vampire series are just starting to get redundant.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Frequent Contributor
zera17
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎05-14-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

Hush Hush was amazing you should also check out Fallen by Laurn Kate that was another angel book. 

Photobucket
Wordsmith
wheeze
Posts: 331
Registered: ‎05-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

HOL

zera17 wrote:

Hush Hush was amazing you should also check out Fallen by Laurn Kate that was another angel book. 

 

 

That's on my TBR list! :smileyhappy:

 

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
New User
t-k-n_147
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎04-22-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

Ever since reading Twilight and the rest of the Twilight series I've attracted to the supernatural books. Before Twilight I used to read mystery books and now I feel like I'm stuck in the supernatural books.

Frequent Contributor
zera17
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎05-14-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

I know the feeling.... I read a little supernatural but a lot mor teen fiction.. if that makes cents

Photobucket
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
Posts: 1,151
Registered: ‎07-26-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

 

wheeze wrote:

Yes and No. Like you said, there are so many Vampire Stories these days... House of Night, Vampire Academy, Vampire Kisses.. it's kind of crazy. I don't necessarly like the vampire series, but I am starting to enjoy angel kind of stories.. like Hush, Hush. I hope to read Kissed by an Angel also.

 

To me, it seems like the Vampire series are just starting to get redundant.

 

Just so you know Kissed by an Angel is not a supernatural book. It is about human beings and one of them is sorta like a guardian angel after his death. It is not as supernatural as a story where the main idea is supernatural beings. Kissed by and Angel is more of a mystery and romance novel rolled into one.

 

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
zera17
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎05-14-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

like the Dark Secrets Series **Same Author**

Photobucket
Inspired Contributor
I_read_books
Posts: 103
Registered: ‎06-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

It's true, after reading Twilight, I wanted to read more supernatural series, more stuff with vampires and such...only problem...I haven't found that many that I like. Is it just me, or do they all seem to be the, uh, same? Everything coming out is nearly like Twilight, but with a few twists. I wish someone would write a good vampire (or whatever) story that wasn't like reading the Twilight Saga all over again...

Wordsmith
wheeze
Posts: 331
Registered: ‎05-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

Lexa555 wrote:

 

wheeze wrote:

Yes and No. Like you said, there are so many Vampire Stories these days... House of Night, Vampire Academy, Vampire Kisses.. it's kind of crazy. I don't necessarly like the vampire series, but I am starting to enjoy angel kind of stories.. like Hush, Hush. I hope to read Kissed by an Angel also.

 

To me, it seems like the Vampire series are just starting to get redundant.

 

Just so you know Kissed by an Angel is not a supernatural book. It is about human beings and one of them is sorta like a guardian angel after his death. It is not as supernatural as a story where the main idea is supernatural beings. Kissed by and Angel is more of a mystery and romance novel rolled into one.

 

 

I understand what you are saying, in my eyes though, it's supernatural. Sensing that has a very unlikely and high chance of ever becoming something that could happen in real life (also in my eyes :smileyhappy:) But thats for pointing that out for others to know!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
Posts: 1,770
Registered: ‎08-08-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

I think I went on a little supernatural spree after I read Twilight but I'm mixing different stuff in with that now.

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
New User
twilightmortalinstruments
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-12-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

before i read twilight i was into supernatural books and even after reading them im still into them. twilight didnt really change it for me ha

Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
Posts: 815
Registered: ‎08-03-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

This may sound ridiculous to you guys but Twilight seriously changed my life. I hated reading before and it was the thing that got me hooked to reading and afterwards i did feel like i was drawn to the vampire books and books in the more supernatural area!

"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Wordsmith
wheeze
Posts: 331
Registered: ‎05-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight


bella_swan_lover wrote:

This may sound ridiculous to you guys but Twilight seriously changed my life. I hated reading before and it was the thing that got me hooked to reading and afterwards i did feel like i was drawn to the vampire books and books in the more supernatural area!


 

Not ridiculous at all! Most of us probably found our calling to books, due to a certain book. Twilight just happens to be yours!

 

 I will admit, before Twilight, I stuck to strictly romance. No faeries, angels, vampires, and definately not werewolves. After Twilight, it showed me that you can have romance, and crazy supernatural too!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
Posts: 271
Registered: ‎07-29-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight


I_read_books wrote:

It's true, after reading Twilight, I wanted to read more supernatural series, more stuff with vampires and such...only problem...I haven't found that many that I like. Is it just me, or do they all seem to be the, uh, same? Everything coming out is nearly like Twilight, but with a few twists. I wish someone would write a good vampire (or whatever) story that wasn't like reading the Twilight Saga all over again...


 

Well most novels that are coming out are more like re-prints of books just different covers. And some books people thing Twilight came out first than it but they actually came out first. If anything Twilight is the same as most other books if anything instead of the other way around. Lol

 

But it's good you guys got into reading more stuff. That's cool.

TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Contributor
Conundrum8
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎07-19-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Before and After Twilight

I loved the Twilight book series, but after I read one or two other vampire books, I got a little bored. Every book was sort of repetitive. I tend to stay away from supernatural books now, but I did read Lament, and I loved it! I didn't ever read other books in the series, but I hope to do so in the future.  

Lament 

 

 

                      - Hannah(:

                                Check out my blog: http://conundrum8.blogspot.com/

http://conundrum8.blogspot.com/