Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
I_read_books
0 Kudos

Best Author???

Who is your all-time favorite author, new or old?

My personal favorite is Eoin Colfer, who wrote the Artemis Fowl series. I've read all of his books, and they're all good and interesting. He actually has an adult novel coming out. I like how he can write a variety of things, and how I can never guess the ending to his stories.

New User
Luvs_Books17

Re: Best Author???

My Favorite author would be Richelle Mead because she took the whole vampire thing to another level!!!LOL

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

Douglas Adams, because he was brilliant and hilarious. 

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Correspondent
bookluvr11
0 Kudos

Luvs_Books17, I completely agree! Richelle Mead is the best author out there!

Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?
If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked.
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
bobbles918
0 Kudos

This is such a difficult question to me-I love a lot of authors but I'm going to go with Elizabeth Scott-everytime I read one of her books it becomes my new favorite-I think she is amazing.

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Correspondent
padr49904
0 Kudos

I_read_books wrote:

Who is your all-time favorite author, new or old?

My personal favorite is Eoin Colfer, who wrote the Artemis Fowl series. I've read all of his books, and they're all good and interesting. He actually has an adult novel coming out. I like how he can write a variety of things, and how I can never guess the ending to his stories.

I really like Colfer also, he wrote some other books and they were really good.  Half Moon Investigations was really good and it is sort of a mystery and it was really complex and thought out.

Correspondent
iluvhersheys_andbooks
0 Kudos

Its a tie for me between Meg Cabot and Wendy Raven McNair!

www.blackandblueink.blogspot.com ------- Funnest Place on Earth...well to me!!!
Contributor
heather123
0 Kudos

Simone Elkeles. I have so much respect for her. Her stories stay true to teen lives and it's very hard to put the books down. She has written, Perfect Chemistry, Rules of Attraction, and Chain reaction which is coming out in August. She has written others too but these two, and most likely her third, are my favorite!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HeathersBookReview?feature=mhee
Contributor
steelersgirl43
0 Kudos

I definitely agree with you on Simone Elkeles, she has such great author. But for me it would be a tie between Simone Elkeles and Sarah Dessen.

Contributor
hedderwendy
0 Kudos

I would have to say Margaret Peterson Haddix she has written a ton of amazing books (all of which I have read) but her writing is different because you definatly can't guess what she is going to put next it always has a bunch of twists and turns leading to who knows what.

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs
Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

My favorite author is Richelle Mead. I have read all of her books and they are amazing! I also really like James Patterson :smileyhappy:

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

lauren barnholdt is a great author. another favorite is jennifer echols

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Whisperlynn
0 Kudos

Cassandra Clare never lets me down - I can't wait to see what she will follow up The Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices with!

Anna Godbersen is a favorite as well.  I credit her first novel, The Luxe, as the book that made me fall in love with reading.  Whenever I'm in a historical mood I turn to Godbersen!

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

how could i forget ellen hopkins???

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
PrincessJazz
0 Kudos

Gotta love Ellen Hopkins, Francesca Lia Block, J.K. Rowling(nuff said), Neal Shusterman, Suzanne Collins, Kristin Cashore, Sarah Dessen, James Dashner and of course my new favorite Cassandra Clare!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

of all of the amazing young adult authors i would have to say my favorite is Libba Bray of the Great and Terrible Beuaty series. not many people i know have even heard of them but they are an amzing series of 3 books. great story, great characters, great writing. fantasy series unlike any other that i have read.