Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
KaylaNicole_MusicLover
0 Kudos

Re: Best Teen Book Of the Year? (so far...)

Unwind was amazing
Contributor
lscruise
0 Kudos

i totally agree. i loved eon: dragoneye reborn and also river secrets by shannon hale. as for the city of glass. i have never read the series but everyone seems to like it. i'll try reading it sometime :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

OMG!  Someone else who's read Eon!  Wasn't it great?!  (I felt soooo alone in the world, lol)   Well, at times it was a tad slow and you wanted to beat Eona over the head for being so stupid, but I still loved it.   Do you happen to know when the second book is coming out? 

OH and yes, Unwind was super amazing.  ^.^ 

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

lol.. ok better understood. i have seen Star Wars, just didnt quite get the connection.

i have read Vampire Diaries and it's good. Or atleast the ones she wrote a long time ago were. i don't know about the new one yet. haven't read it.

the cussing thing.. I don't understand that. but i definitely agree with you that it was WRONG! i don't even know what a fanfic is though??? so.... ?

and last. you couldn't have the series without Jace and Clary, yah he is mean to her but she isn't that nice to him either. I don't think it would be near what it is without them (just my opinion!) they could both be a little nicer to each other though. i get why him being like that would bug you. It makes it seem like a guy can treat a girl like crap and have no consequences, sister or not.

another opinion.. Jace is WAY better then Edward. Edward is lame compared to him. :smileyhappy: haha.

I'm a book nerd.
I like making my friends into book nerds.
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Hahahaha.  Thank god.  If you hadn't seen Star Wars I might just have to beat you.  Lol. 

Hmmm, I might have to read them.  My friend says House of Night is totally amazing, but at the same time totally slutty.  

Haha a fanfic is short for fanfiction.  Meaning that people who like a book will write about it.  Like the Kieshr'a series?  I wrote a fanfic just with different characters but it was set in the same world.  Type in fanfiction.com into google and you'll get a whole cite dedicated to fanfic for thousands of books, movies, cartoons, and manga.  Cassy Clare was huge into writing fanfic for Harry Potter.  

True.  Very true in fact.  I mean I don't hate Clary, I just want to punch her in the face sometimes....... Ya no kiddin, they treat each other so bad sometimes.  

Psha.  Ya he totally is.  Though I think some of the twihards might kill you.  Lol.  At least Jace knows he's being a jerk, Edward thinks he's justified because he's so sparkly.  

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

I don't really see how the Vampire Diaries is slutty, especially compared to HON. now HON is definitely SLUTTY!! and it gets no better the more you read. there's a lot of boys and it gets annoying but they are still pretty good.

I'm gonna have to check out the fanfic thing. I have never heard of that before.

A couple times I was definitely like, WHY are they doing that to each other, CHILL!

FYI. If you go to theinfernaldevices.com it has an excerpt and some character bios and stuff for her new prequel series. I think that one of the main guy characters is gonna be WAY worse then Jace was attitude wise. I can't remember the guys name but he's basically a replica of Jace with a different name and more issues.

IDC. I'm Team Jace. ha!

I'm a book nerd.
Frequent Contributor
alllyyx0
0 Kudos

Not @ all!

1. thirteen reasons why
  2. a child called "it"
  3. vibes
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

(hols up hands) Idk.  Never read them. 

Haha.  Most of it is horribly written, but if you find some goods ones they can be enjoyable.  I don't recomend reading any Twilight fanfic though.  You might gouge your eyes out so you will never have to read it again.  Lol. 

I know right?!  I felt the same way.  

Ah!  OMG!  I'm so going there like now.  Oh man!  Darn!  I was hoping there woudln't be another Jace!  Is it wierd that I'm still somehow majorally psyched for her new series?  Let me answer that.... yes.  

*team Magnus* the most epic character ever.  

Contributor
Lunanshee
0 Kudos

Anyone read Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston?  If you like Mortal Instruments you'll probably like it (though it is a shorter read).  Also Wicked Lovley by Melissa Marr & Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith...
Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

Magnus is pretty great.. He is in The Infernal Devices!!

I'm a book nerd.
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I know! *jumps up and down*  Crap I forgot to go and look at the website!  GAH! 
Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

the guys name is Will.. and he is a major player.
I'm a book nerd.
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

ya he so is.  (I finally looked on the website) Why are the websites always so pretty?!  Man i want to web design!  *pouts* 

Though I got slightly obsessive and I'm now drawing Tessa.  Maybe I'll submit it... hmmm.... if I actually finish it.  All I've got done are her eyes.  Lol.  

Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

what color??..

faces are hard to draw.. i'm no good at drawing people.

I'm a book nerd.
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

No, I'm drawing it in graphite.  If I wanted I would do it in prisma pencil, but I dont' have the patience to do so. Lol.  I don't want to have to do the layer of marker first. I LOVE drawing people!  It's like the easiest thing for me.  Animals on the other hand.... those are harder.  Apparently I can paint them fine.... which is odd.... hmmm.....
Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

oohhh.. k. i'm way better with like outside stuff. no people. i guess if i would practice them more i would be better at it. oh well.. i can draw animals ok. i have to be able to see them though because i'm a perfectionist when i draw. and if it sucks i just stop.

colored pencils are my favorite..

I'm a book nerd.
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I'm the same way!  I have to have a picture!  Lol.  I mean i'm sure I can draw a person without a picture but the proportions just get to perfect and it drives me insane because they end up looking too perfect.  Having a picture just make the drawing more unique in my opinion. 

Landscapes.... lol.  I've only done one decent one.  My last one didn't turn out so well. Well I think it was partially due to the fact that I did it in pastels and they kept rubbing off.  (I about drove myself insane trying to reapply my stupid layers.  SOOOOO frustrating)   That matting spray doesn't work worth a crap. 

I love prisma colors!  Their so fun!  The colors are just so much richer than normal colored pencils, but dang are they expensive!  

Inspired Correspondent
CHEYtheBOOK_LOVER
0 Kudos

yah.. pastels kinda make me crazy too. they are way to messy! and they make you look like a rainbow. it's no bueno.

my junior year my art teacher let me use his colored pencils all year and he made every body else use crayola pencils.. HA! he knew i loved them and i didn't waste them. he was awesome. i'm pretty sure i drew the best picture i ever did with those. lol. i think i lost it. :smileysad:

I'm a book nerd.
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Ugh I know.  They get ALL over my arm.  It looks like I laid in chalk. 

hahhaa.  That's great.   :smileysad:  Oh man that sucks.  A couple of my pieces of art have mysteriously disappeared but none of them were super amazing, so I didn't really care.  Lol.  

Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

Wicked Lovely

House Of Night

Morganville Vampires

& The Summoning was pretty good.

Even though all of those were from last year.

Also, just wanted to express shock that no one has nominated anything twilight related. Please tell me that this means the obsession is dying?!

A lot of People have mentioned Unwind and Eon. Are they good? What are they about?

team GALE, anyone?