Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

Big Fish

I was wondering if anyone read it.

P.S. I am backkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

Re: Big Fish

It's been a while, and I haven't read it. What's it about???

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

I really don't know, so that's why I was asking to see if it was even worth reading.

I came on the chatroom  a lot but no one was on. :smileysad:

I missed you and Lexievamp.

Edward Bloom is dying, and his son William still doesn't know him. He knows some things about his father: Edward never missed school, even in the worst snowstorms. He could outrun anybody. He was generous. He had a way with animals. He knew every good joke ever told. He was a great salesman. A visionary. He saved lives. He knew how to court and win a woman. He was a good friend. He was an adulterer. These things William knows. But William realizes he still doesn't know his father: how he thinks, what is important to him--or who he really is. Sitting by his father's deathbed, William tries to understand the elusive Edward Bloom, the man quickly slipping from his grasp who is more interested in evading his son's questions than in answering them. In fact, Edward is most interested in running through his repertoire of classic jokes. This is his final performance, he's fading fast, and he's milking those last moments for all they're worth. Who can blame him for that? And so, as the son grows increasingly desperate to know the man about to step over permanently to the other side, he begins to make up stories. In a wonderful sleight of hand, William recreates his father's life in heroic proportions. William reconstructs Edward's life from beginning to end through a series of tales, legends, and myths; in doing so, he finds a way to understand his father's great feats and great failings, and he finds a way to say good-bye. With a mixture of humor and pathos, BIG FISH teaches us about the transformative powers of joke telling and storytelling, and one magical way of moving from life to death

totally stole that from bn lol

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

=D hey guys! =D I know the movie of the Big Fish =P It was really good, but a little weird haha. I've you both too =D It's been way way way to long =)

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

Yeah,  I saw that Tim Burton did the movie and then I found out that it was based on a book. Now I would like to see the movie and read the book. Quisiera ver la pelicula y leer el libro. (is that even right)