Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Re: Book Clubs

No! I want ALL of Europe, Austrilia, Canada, Greenland, Most of America, Some Asian countries and half of Antartica! Kelsey has Texas, California, and Half of Antartica! You can have a quarter of China!

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Correspondent
bookaholic_girl
0 Kudos

What about the state of Georgia? Can I have it. PLEASE!!!!!! OOOO!!! And what about New Zealand. please please plllllleeeeaaasseee
~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.~
Philippians 4:13
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Georgia! That's it! No  one ask me because that's all I'm giving out! :robottongue:
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I want to join :smileyhappy:. Do I just sign up?
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Inspired Correspondent
bookaholic_girl
0 Kudos

yipee!

oh and kelsey, i got your friend request on weread but you aren't showing up as a friend. i sent the website a message.

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Yay! Another member! :smileyhappy:
Inspired Correspondent
bookaholic_girl
0 Kudos

First go to www.weread.com and sign up. It is free. After you have, click the button that says "More". After that, click "book clubs". Mine is on the first page. It is called "All the Best for Teens and Young Adults." Give me a wall post once you get there and join.
Distinguished Scribe
booklover37
0 Kudos

hey kelsey on your weread profile you have all those deep green, torch red, pitch black books. are those good.?
"...life is a fight just the same, whether you fight it with weapons, or with words. You have to fight for what you believe in, and for the things you want.'"
Inspired Correspondent
bookaholic_girl
0 Kudos

i have those same ones on mine but haven't read any of them yet.
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

hey i think i asked to join the group but idk so add me if i'm there please. i would love to be apart of the book club :]

anyway about the book choice...i pretty much read everything except horror and sci-fi (like war of the worlds (i tried to read that and i HATED it so now i pretty much hate sci-fi and stuff like that...but i like vampires and that sort of stuff) i hope this help picking a book :]

Message Edited by torusthetiger on 02-21-2009 08:00 PM
"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

booklover37 wrote:
hey kelsey on your weread profile you have all those deep green, torch red, pitch black books. are those good.?

idk i want to read them. but they are by melody carlson so yes they have to be good haha
You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Frequent Contributor
imsosorrybutiloveyou
0 Kudos

for the book club: (reply to vampire-an-spongebob; sorry if i got the user name wrong)

oh sure! ill post here and the thread for convience. um, i like those really tragic books with people with like issues (cut, lush, perfect, speak), and fantasy (harry potter, twilight) and teen romantic comedies (how i changed my life, how not to spend your senior year)

yeah, my favorite book is how i changed my life by todd strasser. cause its a cute book once you get into it. and its relatable in some ways. 

if no one likes these genres im totally cool with other genres!

fer sure maybe. fer sure not. fer sure eh. fer sure bomb.
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

OMG! my school laptop blocked weread.com, and now i can't get on everyday anymore:{ gahhhh!! so yall gotta let me know some stuff and what ya'll are doing and stuff.:}
You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Inspired Contributor
Twilight_Girl13
0 Kudos

OOOOOO I want to join sooooo bad!! It would be really cool for us to be all reading the same book. Does anybody know which book we may read???
New User
starmar46
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I'm looking to joint a book club. I like to read about everything but im most interested in vampire, wolf romance kind of thing but i'll read anything. If you have any info on a book club let me know

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

go ahead and check out the thread online book club.  we have a book club and we read and discuss on the 14th and 30th.  we vote on our books and then we discuss.  check it out