Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
twihard_mal
0 Kudos

Book Hangover... Don't know what to start next!

New here...

So I love the Twilight Saga...

I've read The Hunger Games and loved those too.

I just finished The Matched Triology and those were amazing as well!

I just don't know what to read next... help?

I tried the HP series and couldn't get into it and I'm iffy with other vampire books :smileysad:

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina

Re: Book Hangover... Don't know what to start next!

What about the Mortal Instuments?

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
New User
txlibrarylady

Try Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I loved Twilight and Hunger Games, too, but I love Roth's books more!!! Unfortunately, I think the 3rd book isn't out until Fall 2013.
Contributor
GamerchickRaven
0 Kudos

Have you tried the Trylle trilogy by Amanda Hocking?
Reader
twihard_mal
0 Kudos

What's the Mortal Instruments?? Never heard of it!

Reader
twihard_mal
0 Kudos

I haven't read Divergent but I'm going to once I get my Nook.

And I haven't heard of the Trylle triology either!

I'll have to look all of them up. Thanks!! (:

Contributor
BrittneySue
0 Kudos

I agree with Divergent Series and The Mortal Instraments Series. If you fall in love with TMI she has also written other Shadowhunter novels that are loosely tied to TMI that triligy is The Infernal Devices. Currently the first two are out and the third will be released in March.

I also started a series many years ago that I loved, The Pendragon Adventure. There are 10 Novels in all and all of them are out.

You may also like The Fallen series by Lauren Kate.

New User
DCrds
0 Kudos

If you like those books and want a character somewhat similar to the female main character but maybe have less of a paranormal presence, try Wavering by Virginia Frazier. Fast read and a little edgy. If you like the fantasy stuff, I always like Libba Bray novels.

Reader
twihard_mal
0 Kudos

Just started and finished Divergent today! It was amazing! :smileyhappy: 

Time to start Insurgent!

New User
HippoHero18
0 Kudos

You should read The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa it is set in post apocalyptic times and has vampires and is really good. It is the first in her Blood of Eden series.

New User
Hedwig_Lovegood
0 Kudos

If you liked the Matched books then tryDelirium/Pandemonium/Requiem, they're a lot alike.  I've read the first one (I think the first is Delirium) and it was pretty good

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

Well, where do I start....I have read over 200 books and I will list my favorite series and the author to give you some ideas:

Paranormal:

Peachville High Demons by Sarra Cannon (Very good series)

Talia Jager (Author)  she has 5 books; each one different.  Best book "The Ultimate Sacrifice".

Shadow Falls Series by C.C. Hunter

Dark Elite Series by Chloe Neill

Midnight Fire Series by Kaitlyn Davis

Casual Enchantment Series by K.A. Tucker

If you need more, let me know.

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.  ~Paul Sweeney

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

If you loved Twilight...I have a good series for you. The author's name is Nicole Williams. The books are: Eternal Eden Fallen Eden United Eden I fell in love with the first book...it was kibd of like Twilight, But different in many ways. The story is wel written, and the characters are friends you wouldn't mind having. There is a love triangle...which really gets your emotions going. It is so hard to choose which guy is the best. I am not going to give the story away, but trust me when I say you won't be disappointed! Give it a try....after I read the furst book, I imediately bought the rest of the series.