Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Book Reccomendations?

Hey all, I feel like my list of 295 books I want to buy is a bit blah so I want to add more books. Any reccomendations? I'm into Fantasy like Sword of Truth or Harry Potter and stuff.

TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
Lee-Lee81
0 Kudos

Re: Book Reccomendations?

Because you said you like fantasy, I'm going to assume that you may like:

-Graceling

-Maybe even Twilight

The Graceling is a lot like Harry Potter from what I've read so far. It's incredibly unique, and you would have to read the first chapter. It's that indescribable. XD

New User
ashleymiranda
0 Kudos

Ravenclaww wrote:

Hey all, I feel like my list of 295 books I want to buy is a bit blah so I want to add more books. Any reccomendations? I'm into Fantasy like Sword of Truth or Harry Potter and stuff.

the mortal instruments :smileywink: great fantasy adventure series right there.

Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Never read Graceling I'll check it out now. Hate Twilight and I have read The Mortal Instruments Trilogy can not wait for the next Trilogy and her new book to The Mortal Instruments. xD

Thanks guys. Anymore?

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Graceling was amazing& im still waiting for the second book, Fire

also good if you havent read them yet...

Beautiful Creatures

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel Series (The Alchemyst, The Magician, and The Sorceress) were okay

These have to do with faeries, but Lament and Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater were good(:

i'm trying to think of more...

----------------------------------------------
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

umm

house of night series by p.c. cast and kristin cast (AMAZING!!)

well that is if you havent read it yet haha

and Maximum Ride series by James Patterson (BEST SERIES EVER!!)

i wasnt sure if youve read that series yet haha

lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Contributor
brockin6906
0 Kudos

Aww I Love Twilight...LOL

There Are So Many Books I Could Suggest You Got A Pen & Paper? LMAO Here's A Few That I've Enjoyed.

Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

Sweep Series by Cate Tiernan

Daughters of The Moon Series by Lynne Ewing

House of Night Series by P.C. & Kristen Cast

Night World Series by L.J. Smith

Vampire Diaries Series by L.J. Smith

Vampire Academy Series by Rachell Mead

Mortal Instrument Series

Blue Bloods Series by Melissa De La Cruz

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Kissed by An Angel & Dark Secrets 1 by Elizabeth Chandler

#1-Stray. #2-Rogue, #3-Pride, #4-Prey by Rachel Vincent

My Soul To Take Also by Rachel Vincent

Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward

Intertwined by Gena Showalter

Evernight & Stargazer by Claudia Gray

Wake & Fade by Lisa McMann (#3-Gone..Comes Out 2-9-2010)

AND MANY MANY MORE.....LOL

That's To Name A Few Of The More Than 300+ Books I Own... :smileyhappy: If You Need More Suggestions I'd Be Happy To Make Em' :smileyhappy:

~Amber~ 

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Tamora Pierce has a lot series that are really great.  I would say that the black dagger brotherhood is good but please be warned that its an adult series that has sexual content. If you are not old enough for that i would suggest waiting till you are older.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww

Lol I'm an 18 year old guy. I think I can handle sexual content xD But thanks for the recommendations. Most of them are on my list and I've added a few more xD I'm trying to stray away from the whole girl loves guy who is a vampire/angel thing even though I have read Twilight Saga (hate it) and Hush, Hush (liked it)

But I'm gonna try out Vampire Diaries since I'm watching the show lol

Now let me check out some other books that you guys suggested. xD Thanks haha

Frequent Contributor
Lee-Lee81
0 Kudos

Trust me, the Graceling is an excellent book.

Shiver might be good for you too.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Okay well I got this book from my parents that seems cool but I have no idea yet (haven't had time to read it yet) idk if you have it on your list or not but whatever haha it's called Dragon Heir. I just read the back of the book and it seems cool?? XD o and their is more

Fallen

A Den of Shadows books

Thirst 1

Thirst 2

Night World

Darkest Powers

and much much more ......

-Vamp

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Lol yeah I've read The Dragon Heir and the other two books before it. The Warrior Heir and The Wizard Heir. Excellent books just read the Warrior then the Wizard before the Dragon. xD

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Ravenclaww wrote:

Lol I'm an 18 year old guy. I think I can handle sexual content xD But thanks for the recommendations. Most of them are on my list and I've added a few more xD I'm trying to stray away from the whole girl loves guy who is a vampire/angel thing even though I have read Twilight Saga (hate it) and Hush, Hush (liked it)

But I'm gonna try out Vampire Diaries since I'm watching the show lol

Now let me check out some other books that you guys suggested. xD Thanks haha

lol sorry I was just trying to make sure you didn't read an adult romance book if you are like some people on here who are only 13. I'm 19 and I always try to remember that not everyone on here is old enough to read some content. although now that I know your age you might like the black dagger brotherhood series by JR Ward. It has a lot of action and fighting in it with some sexual scenes thrown in, lol not that a guy would ever complain about that!

Pages of Forbidden Love
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

No need to apologize Lexa lol xD I understand

But that sounds awesome I recently got into the adult fantasy starting with Sword of Truth series so I'm looking for more because I'm in love with it so I'll have to check that out. Thanks again xD

Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

Hey mike, i found a series you might like. A friend of mine reccomended it to me but i personally havn't read it yet. You miight like it. Its called the Wheel of Time series.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Eye-of-the-World/Robert-Jordan/e/9780812511819/?itm=5&bnit=H&us...

Check it out. +.-

Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Oh yea I heard about it and did some research. IT's a bit confusing because someone else is continuing it and I'm just like O.O WTH?! lol but yea probably when they're done writing I'll check it out. Haha Thanks xD

Contributor
EmilyN
0 Kudos

I'll have to also say that Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore are solid fantasy choices. My husband is the big fantasy reader at our house and he read the Sword of Truth books this summer and really liked them. He just finished Jum Butcher's Codex Alera series and Brent Weeks' The Night Angel trilogy. His all-time favorite is probably Roger Zelaney's Chronicles of Amber.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher is good? I bought the first book but because I'm taking 8 college classes (which i do NOT recommend to anyone unless you want no life, no free time) I haven't had the time to read it yet.

Pages of Forbidden Love
B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

I'll also cast a vote for Graceling and Fire (Graceling is better, though).

Also, a new book came out on Tuesday that was an amazing read I couldn't put down, called Incarceron.

Inspired Contributor
Its_tiffani_LOVE
0 Kudos

Ravenclaww wrote:

Never read Graceling I'll check it out now. Hate Twilight and I have read The Mortal Instruments Trilogy can not wait for the next Trilogy and her new book to The Mortal Instruments. xD

Thanks guys. Anymore?

wow awesome i rarely hear other people say they dont like twilight either!!! thank you i am not alone!

id recomend the hunger games series by suzanne collins, great and terrible beauty series by Libba bray, and the morganville vampires series by Rachel Caine.